PLAYOFFS!?!?! How is it going, what do you need?

JaguarCrazy2832

I love talking about the playoffs and how people are doing in their matchups. 

I am down 3.4 and have Justin Tucker tonight but she has Stephen Gostkowski so I dont think i should feel good.

Trey Burton freaking killed me. TREY FREAKIN BURTON(WHO?!?!) He scored more points this week than any other week Ertz had all year!!

Also, Kelce's TD got called back at the 1 and the Jaguars returner was tackled at the 1 and LF got the TD and she had LF but i have the Jaguars defense so 1 play was a 12 pt swing

i needed to win (i did) and the best team who is 13-0 to beat a team who has no reason to be 7-6. the 13-0 team lost and im officially eliminated from playoffs for the FIRST TIME EVER in 7 years in my main league. im so frustrated with fantasy this year

3 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

I lost Wentz, have Cousins now. The rest of my team is stellar but this could cost me.

Welcome to my world.  I mudstomped my first round opponent this week (he posted the lowest playoff total in the history of our league)  but lost Wentz along the way and our benches aren't deep (yet somehow the QB waiver wire is a tad depressing).  I need a win next week to guarantee that I cash out at no less than $1k, so this is kind of important.  Likely trying to shoot for whichever of Foles (safe to assume Wentz is out, even if he could "still play" this season, Philly will hold him out and let him rest before the actual playoffs) or (*gag*) Bortles... who both at least have favorable matchups next week.

46 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

If Bortles is available in your league, add him. Last 2 weeks are amazing matchups and he has been on fire.

If enough of us win fantasy championships on the back of Bortles... we kinda have to get matching sigs made to wear, don't we?

17 minutes ago, The LBC said:

If enough of us win fantasy championships on the back of Bortles... we kinda have to get matching sigs made to wear, don't we?

Wouldn't be first time. For all his struggles his end season match ups have been a god send at times for FFL. I think two years ago he had that Saints match up during championship week.

16 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Oh 100%. I am thankful to have him this year (never thought thankful and Bortles would be in the same sentence lol). I drafted Mariota, picked up Watson, proceeded to trade Mariota the day before Watson got hurt, traded for Stafford, was able to add Mariota back and than proceeded to trade Stafford for Jamison Crowder and picked up Keenum for a week or two and thankfully added Bortles in week 13 once I saw that playoff schedule. For as strong as my QB position looked for 2 or 3 weeks with Watson, it has been struggle bus city for me at that position this year.

5 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Oh 100%. I am thankful to have him this year (never thought thankful and Bortles would be in the same sentence lol). I drafted Mariota, picked up Watson, proceeded to trade Mariota the day before Watson got hurt, traded for Stafford, was able to add Mariota back and than proceeded to trade Stafford for Jamison Crowder and picked up Keenum for a week or two and thankfully added Bortles in week 13 once I saw that playoff schedule. For as strong as my QB position looked for 2 or 3 weeks with Watson, it has been struggle bus city for me at that position this year.

I had a sort of similar path:  Drafted Luck... yeah, had Bradford who flat out won me Week 1 then was injured, went 1-2 the next three weeks streaming the likes of Josh McCown and Siemian, miraculously managed to pick up Wentz after he was dropped when the Dez owner let him go to pick up Dak who was dropped by an overzealous owner.  Was hoping to flip Luck (and tried when Rodgers went down, but the Rodgers owner traded for Watson the week before he got injured instead), ended up dropping him.

What's weird is that for most of the season my RB's were generally weak-ish while my WR's (and Brate until Jameis' injury) carried my team.  Now it's the inverse, my RB's are strong (no trades, Marshawn finally woke up and I've been riding the Burkhead/Lewis combo) and my WR's are banged up as hell outside of Thielen.

19 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I love talking about the playoffs and how people are doing in their matchups. 

I am down 3.4 and have Justin Tucker tonight but she has Stephen Gostkowski so I dont think i should feel good.

Trey Burton freaking killed me. TREY FREAKIN BURTON(WHO?!?!) He scored more points this week than any other week Ertz had all year!!

Also, Kelce's TD got called back at the 1 and the Jaguars returner was tackled at the 1 and LF got the TD and she had LF but i have the Jaguars defense so 1 play was a 12 pt swing

I started Hunt, and the guy I was going against had Kelce. So when Kelce's TD was called back and then Hunt got the TD on the next play, that was a 12 point swing. 

now I am up 20. I have Drake still to go. He has Amendola, rex Burkhead and the pats D. I feel pretty good about it. Hogan is back so hopefully he gets all of the RZ looks and Burkhead cant go off two weeks in a row, right?

25 minutes ago, SpanosPayYourRent said:

Fantasy for me has been good I have like a 50 point lead right now, if Burkhead, Brady and Drake don’t combine for more than that I will be fine and I will make the playoffs. I will be matched up against the best team in the league who is 13-1 I’m the only person to beat him sooooooo I have a chance?

Just out of curiosity, what does the 13-1 guys team look like? My league has never had a team finish with a record like that. Closest we got was last year when the 1st place team went 11-2 in the regular season. The guy hit on both DeMarco Murray and Melvin Gordon in the draft last year after getting AB in the first round. I always wonder how a team goes 13-1/12-1

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

I had a sort of similar path:  Drafted Luck... yeah, had Bradford who flat out won me Week 1 then was injured, went 1-2 the next three weeks streaming the likes of Josh McCown and Siemian, miraculously managed to pick up Wentz after he was dropped when the Dez owner let him go to pick up Dak who was dropped by an overzealous owner.  Was hoping to flip Luck (and tried when Rodgers went down, but the Rodgers owner traded for Watson the week before he got injured instead), ended up dropping him.

What's weird is that for most of the season my RB's were generally weak-ish while my WR's (and Brate until Jameis' injury) carried my team.  Now it's the inverse, my RB's are strong (no trades, Marshawn finally woke up and I've been riding the Burkhead/Lewis combo) and my WR's are banged up as hell outside of Thielen.

I was the exact opposite throughout the season. My RBs carried me early on while I struggled to find some consistent WR play. I picked up Anderson and Woods both right at the beginning of their hot streaks and they helped carry me while my RBs struggled. And now I am back to where RBs are likely going to carry me in the playoffs.

Archived