PLAYOFFS!?!?! How is it going, what do you need?

JaguarCrazy2832

4 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Just out of curiosity, what does the 13-1 guys team look like? My league has never had a team finish with a record like that. Closest we got was last year when the 1st place team went 11-2 in the regular season. The guy hit on both DeMarco Murray and Melvin Gordon in the draft last year after getting AB in the first round. I always wonder how a team goes 13-1/12-1

QB- Wentz (Not no more)

WR- M. Thomas

WR- A. Thielien 

RB- M. Gordon

RB- S. Perine 

TE- Engram

Flex- K. Allen

Fkex- K. Hunt

K- Lutz

DEF- Baltimore

6 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Best playoff defenses to start??? I have the Eagles right now. Their kicker too.

Eagles should be pretty damn solid at home against the Giants; even with Eli back at the helm, the Giants are no Rams or even Vikings who were what really gave the Eagles' D trouble recently.

Dallas against Oakland should be a streamable defense; they've been much steadier post-Thanksgiving and the Raiders offense has looked... well... miserable lately.

New Orleans at home against the (likely) Bryce Petty led Jets is who I'm rolling out.  Technically I think the Jets might be able to move the ball against the Saints, but I like New Orleans' likelihood of being able to eat up a lot of clock with Ingram on the ground (teams have been able to run on the Jets and Kamara should be back from his concussion in addition to Ingram in the mix).  Also, you've got Marshawn Lattimore against a backup QB and we saw what the Saints D just did to Matt Ryan this past week.

If Rodgers doesn't play, Carolina at home is definitely a playable option this week against Hundley.

7 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

I need to know who to start next week.. 

Goff @ SEA

Smith vs LAC

My gut says Smith, but I don't love either option.  Both probably have decent floors, but the ceilings are limited.  Chargers, for as good as their defense has been, still struggle to defend the TE and surrender TD's to them, so Smith has a chance to do some damage through Kelce. 

15 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Best playoff defenses to start??? I have the Eagles right now. Their kicker too.

Jax.

Remaining games vs Houston and SF. Tenn if you play through week 17.

Chances are they not on waiver,but that wasnt the question.

Carolina could be good play too if Rodgers isn't back with Pack and Bucs.

Alright, in my big money league I'm rolling into the first round as the 1 seed and like others lost Wentz. I have a claim in for Bortles but have Stafford who will probably get the start. 

2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLX

RBs: Gurley (lock), Drake @ BUF, Mixon @ MIN, Perine v. ARI, and D. Henry @ SF

WRs: Julio (lock), Cooks @ PIT,  Adams @ CAR, JuJu v.  NE

Who would you guys start? Need help with RB2, WR2, and flex.

I'm leaning 

RB: Gurley and Perine

WR: Julio and Adams

FLX: Drake

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

Alright, in my big money league I'm rolling into the first round as the 1 seed and like others lost Wentz. I have a claim in for Bortles but have Stafford who will probably get the start. 

2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLX

RBs: Gurley (lock), Drake @ BUF, Mixon @ MIN, Perine v. ARI, and D. Henry @ SF

WRs: Julio (lock), Cooks @ PIT,  Adams @ CAR, JuJu v.  NE

Who would you guys start? Need help with RB2, WR2, and flex.

I'm leaning 

RB: Gurley and Perine

WR: Julio and Adams

FLX: Drake

At QB, I would go with Bortles over Stafford if you get him.

RB- I say Gurley and Drake. Drake has eclipsed 15 points in PPR scoring in 3 of his last 5 games (last 2 games over 20, at least in PPR) and has become the guy in Miami. If it is another blizzard in Buffalo, I would maybe go with Perine but I trust Drake more at this point.

WR-Julio and Adams, especially if Rodgers plays.

FLEX- I would lean towards Cooks. I know he has had a down 2 weeks but I would trust Brady and the Pats offense in a likely shootout game than Perine. Perine would be my 2nd choice for the flex spot though. Hnery/Mixon/Juju aren't options, IMO.

My playoffs are starting next week. I crushed by opponent last week to sneak into the playoffs as the #4 seed at 8-6. Weirdly, I'm the highest scoring team in the league and had the second fewest points scored against me all season. I really have no idea how I lost 6 games. 

Unfortunately, the 3 teams in the playoffs with me? I was 0-5 this season against. 0-4 against two of those teams, though I was 0-2 against one team and lost by a total of 6 points. Unfortunately, its the team I was 0-1 against that I'm playing in the first round, and that's not ideal. He's the one guy in the league that I think has a better top end team. I had the best depth in the league, which is great through the bye weeks, but in the playoffs, his team is going to whoop mine. He has the best running back combination in the league: Gurley / Bell. Plus he has Larry Fitz (#4 wide receiver) and Gronk. Even his weaker guys have great matchups this week, which just sucks. Dake and Keenum as his two QBs, and they play Oakland and that sieve of a defense and Cincy, who is basically checked out. Michael Crabtree against Dallas is a nice matchup. 

My team doesn't have a whole lot of hope here. I have a waiver claim in for Aaron Rodgers, but I"m only #5 on the waiver priority (thankfully above all the other playoff teams, however). But assuming I don't get him, I'll have Big Ben against NE and Cousins against Arizona, and that's not ideal. Winston against Atlanta is also a possibility. My running backs are in bad shape. I can roll Howard against Detroit (meh), Hunt against Chargers (not good), Dion Lewis at Pitt (worrisome), Peyton Barber at Atlanta or Kerwynn Williams at Washington (actually considering this is AP is out). I have great depth at wide receiver: Hopkins / Michael Thomas / Funchess / M Lee / Josh Gordon, but Hopkins has a miserable matchup against Jax, and Gordon isn't much better against Baltimore on the surface, and I may bench Hopkins for Gordon. Funchess and Thomas are locks to start with good matchups. So I really need to decide on whether i have the guts to bench Hopkins in this matchup. At TE, I'll flip a coin between Engram (with a crappy matchup against Phi) or Ertz (coming off injury, Nick Foles throwing the football) 

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

My playoffs are starting next week. I crushed by opponent last week to sneak into the playoffs as the #4 seed at 8-6. Weirdly, I'm the highest scoring team in the league and had the second fewest points scored against me all season. I really have no idea how I lost 6 games. 

Unfortunately, the 3 teams in the playoffs with me? I was 0-5 this season against. 0-4 against two of those teams, though I was 0-2 against one team and lost by a total of 6 points. Unfortunately, its the team I was 0-1 against that I'm playing in the first round, and that's not ideal. He's the one guy in the league that I think has a better top end team. I had the best depth in the league, which is great through the bye weeks, but in the playoffs, his team is going to whoop mine. He has the best running back combination in the league: Gurley / Bell. Plus he has Larry Fitz (#4 wide receiver) and Gronk. Even his weaker guys have great matchups this week, which just sucks. Dake and Keenum as his two QBs, and they play Oakland and that sieve of a defense and Cincy, who is basically checked out. Michael Crabtree against Dallas is a nice matchup. 

My team doesn't have a whole lot of hope here. I have a waiver claim in for Aaron Rodgers, but I"m only #5 on the waiver priority (thankfully above all the other playoff teams, however). But assuming I don't get him, I'll have Big Ben against NE and Cousins against Arizona, and that's not ideal. Winston against Atlanta is also a possibility. My running backs are in bad shape. I can roll Howard against Detroit (meh), Hunt against Chargers (not good), Dion Lewis at Pitt (worrisome), Peyton Barber at Atlanta or Kerwynn Williams at Washington (actually considering this is AP is out). I have great depth at wide receiver: Hopkins / Michael Thomas / Funchess / M Lee / Josh Gordon, but Hopkins has a miserable matchup against Jax, and Gordon isn't much better against Baltimore on the surface, and I may bench Hopkins for Gordon. Funchess and Thomas are locks to start with good matchups. So I really need to decide on whether i have the guts to bench Hopkins in this matchup. At TE, I'll flip a coin between Engram (with a crappy matchup against Phi) or Ertz (coming off injury, Nick Foles throwing the football) 

I actually like your RBs this week. They don't have cake matchups necessarily, but Detroit is 20th against the run and Chargers are 29th against the run. If AP is out, Williams would be a solid play. I like Barber a lot but Martin keeps getting chances so you can't trust him this time of year. At WR, I think benching Hopkins is definitely an option, albeit risky. He has put up points no matter who has been at QB this season. Lee should be a solid play against Houston this week. TE I think you go with Ertz as long as he is healthy. The Giants are awful against TEs and Foles should lean on Ertz as a security blanket.

4 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I actually like your RBs this week. They don't have cake matchups necessarily, but Detroit is 20th against the run and Chargers are 29th against the run. If AP is out, Williams would be a solid play. I like Barber a lot but Martin keeps getting chances so you can't trust him this time of year. At WR, I think benching Hopkins is definitely an option, albeit risky. He has put up points no matter who has been at QB this season. Lee should be a solid play against Houston this week. TE I think you go with Ertz as long as he is healthy. The Giants are awful against TEs and Foles should lean on Ertz as a security blanket.

I don't like the Hunt matchup. Don't mind Howard (though he's been insanely hit and miss this year). Lewis is okay, I think he'll get his, but the problem is that his isn't all that much. 8-10 points is about all I would expect there. I feel like the Chargers are going to put up points really fast in that game against the Chiefs, and that for some reason KC will feel like they need to throw the football in order to keep up. 

Welp....

I need a QB now since Wentz was my QB on both my playoff teams.

In one league, Big Ben is somehow still out there and Case Keenum, so I am putting in Waiver claims for them.

My other league, the options are grim.

Jimmy G

Foles

Mariota

Flacco

I am leaning toward Flacco. He has the Browns and Colts in those two games and has put up 3 pretty decent games in a row.

Archived