PLAYOFFS!?!?! How is it going, what do you need?

JaguarCrazy2832

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Welp....

I need a QB now since Wentz was my QB on both my playoff teams.

In one league, Big Ben is somehow still out there and Case Keenum, so I am putting in Waiver claims for them.

My other league, the options are grim.

Jimmy G

Foles

Mariota

Flacco

I am leaning toward Flacco. He has the Browns and Colts in those two games and has put up 3 pretty decent games in a row.

Ben's at home so he should be good to go (his home/road splits, while improved-upon slightly this season, are worth noting) if you get him.  Keenum at home against the Bengals should be able to put up points as well  - one of Thielen or Diggs is going to be able to feast on Dre Kirkpatrick all day long.

If you miss on those two, I'd actually go Jimmy G over the remainder of the field.  Flacco's heating up and it is the Browns, but I just plain have trouble trusting him (particularly to get TD's; yardage sure, but the Ravens get inside the 10 and "We'll take the wind" Morningwheg has a penchant for putting the ball in the hands of his RB's).  Meanwhile, Jimmy is coming on the heels on a 300 yard game and draws a weak Tennessee secondary.  He's in a similar situation where I'm confident he'll get the yards but TD's are a question.  That said, I tend to want to err on the side that isn't a divisional game if I'm looking for a floor play.

Im pist. Double week matchup for fantasy playoffs and going into SNF I was up 123 to 60. He had Bell left and i had the Steelers D left. Ended up being 120 to 91. Still a nice margin but crushed my comfort level, especially with my opponents likely impending shootout between Steelers/Pats.

Trying to figure out which QB to start. 1 QB league and i have Wilson, Goff, Rodgers, and Carr to choose from. Rest of my team is rock solid imo.

Shady and Howard at RB, Dez and Tyreek Hill at WR, Ertz at TE(have Trey Burton if he cant go), CJ Anderson at FLEX, Saints D against the Petty-led Jets, and Butker at K.

His lineup is weak but he has Brees, Bell, Michael Thomas, and JuJu so those 4 could all easily blow it up.

Feeling pretty confident ill make it to the championship round tho. Any thoughts on a starting QB fellas?

6 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Im pist. Double week matchup for fantasy playoffs and going into SNF I was up 123 to 60. He had Bell left and i had the Steelers D left. Ended up being 120 to 91. Still a nice margin but crushed my comfort level, especially with my opponents likely impending shootout between Steelers/Pats.

Trying to figure out which QB to start. 1 QB league and i have Wilson, Goff, Rodgers, and Carr to choose from. Rest of my team is rock solid imo.

Shady and Howard at RB, Dez and Tyreek Hill at WR, Ertz at TE(have Trey Burton if he cant go), CJ Anderson at FLEX, Saints D against the Petty-led Jets, and Butker at K.

His lineup is weak but he has Brees, Bell, Michael Thomas, and JuJu so those 4 could all easily blow it up.

Feeling pretty confident ill make it to the championship round tho. Any thoughts on a starting QB fellas?

Why would you EVER sit Russ?

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

Ben's at home so he should be good to go (his home/road splits, while improved-upon slightly this season, are worth noting) if you get him.  Keenum at home against the Bengals should be able to put up points as well  - one of Thielen or Diggs is going to be able to feast on Dre Kirkpatrick all day long.

If you miss on those two, I'd actually go Jimmy G over the remainder of the field.  Flacco's heating up and it is the Browns, but I just plain have trouble trusting him (particularly to get TD's; yardage sure, but the Ravens get inside the 10 and "We'll take the wind" Morningwheg has a penchant for putting the ball in the hands of his RB's).  Meanwhile, Jimmy is coming on the heels on a 300 yard game and draws a weak Tennessee secondary.  He's in a similar situation where I'm confident he'll get the yards but TD's are a question.  That said, I tend to want to err on the side that isn't a divisional game if I'm looking for a floor play.

I'd lean Jimmy G as well, at least for this week. The TN defense doesn't scare you, Jimmy G appears to be the real deal in some regard, the 49ers have been playing well. The game should be competitive throughout, and if it's not, it's likely not because the 49ers are blowing them out, which means garbage time stat padding. Also, the 49ers have one of the most lopsided play percentages in football - they throw the ball nearly 63% of the time, which I believe is third in the NFL (though in the interest of full disclosure, over the last 3 games, it has been a more even split with only about 57% of the plays being passes, this is likely due to them actually winning some games). By contrast, the Ravens only throw it about 55% of the time, which is 21st in the nfl. 

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Why would you EVER sit Russ?

Well, he does have Rodgers. Though I have no idea why he has 4 quarterbacks rostered in a 1 quarterback league 

That being said, I agree - I think that this week I like Wilson, even over Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Well, he does have Rodgers. Though I have no idea why he has 4 quarterbacks rostered in a 1 quarterback league 

That being said, I agree - I think that this week I like Wilson, even over Rodgers. 

I know it’s Rodgers, but Russ’s running ability, topped with legit being the entire Seattle offense is just too juicy. He put up over 20 against the best D in the league last week lol. 

Good point on him having 4qb’s though...why do you have 4 quarterbacks? @riceman80

27 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I know it’s Rodgers, but Russ’s running ability, topped with legit being the entire Seattle offense is just too juicy. He put up over 20 against the best D in the league last week lol. 

Good point on him having 4qb’s though...why do you have 4 quarterbacks? @riceman80

Tbh. I had got bit by Carr and and Cook's injury early on. But Shady, Howard, and Ertz have been monsters for my team so i only have Anderson as my other RB and VD as my other TE(Have Burton but only picked him up last week to cover Ertz but he's useless if Ertz plays). Wilson and Carr were both struggling early in the year so i got Goff on waivers in like week 8 to help out. I was cruising through my league easily and QB had been my biggest problem spot so i dropped Smallwood 2 weeks ago to pick up Rodgers to stash him for the playoffs. Figured im safe with my backs and Ertz, so i invested heavy in QBs to attack my weak point.

As a Raider fan, ive been stupid and refused to let go of Carr waiting for a breakout game which never came. I currently have a waiver claim for J. Stewart to drop Carr pending tho cuz id like him as a FLEX over Anderson.

I was confident starting Panthers, but with AAron coming back,  I don't feel as confident.  Problem is, pickings are slim. Top proj is Wash, Rams, and Cards.

I don't know that I can go with Rams vs Wilson.  I kind of like Cards big play(and Jones is a monster right now) but I'm hesitant to go against Kirk even though on paper they supposedly are ranked 25th. And flip side,  Redskins vs Gabbert SHOULD be good, but are they good enough to trust?

Potentially sneaky play that the projectors aren't ranking high: Bears vs Lions, Dolphins @Bills.

Rodgers coming back bit me two fold: lost on him waivers after wentz injury,  and he weakened my defensive play. 

5 hours ago, Speedyg said:

I was confident starting Panthers, but with AAron coming back,  I don't feel as confident.  Problem is, pickings are slim. Top proj is Wash, Rams, and Cards.

I don't know that I can go with Rams vs Wilson.  I kind of like Cards big play(and Jones is a monster right now) but I'm hesitant to go against Kirk even though on paper they supposedly are ranked 25th. And flip side,  Redskins vs Gabbert SHOULD be good, but are they good enough to trust?

Potentially sneaky play that the projectors aren't ranking high: Bears vs Lions, Dolphins @Bills.

Rodgers coming back bit me two fold: lost on him waivers after wentz injury,  and he weakened my defensive play. 

I like Washington's D this week between those choices. Going up against the weakest offense, even with the big play potential, is generally the safest play. If you want to go for the sneaky play, Dolphins would be the best bet there, especially if Tyrod cant play.

11 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Roll with Wilson. Rodgers is tempting in his first game back, but Wilson is the answer for this week.

Playoffs are starting this week in my main league and my matchups are HORRIBLE this week. 10 team half PPR, starting two FLEX. I'm starting:

Big Ben vs NE

Christian McCaffrey vs GB

Jamaal Williams @ CAR

DeAndre Hopkins vs ATL

Mike Evans @ JAX

Austin Hooper @ TB

Larry Fitz @ WAS

Tyreek Hill vs LAC

Bills D/ST vs MIA

Wil Lutz vs NYJ

I hung onto Jordan Reed all year long only for him to be put on IR... #feelsbadman

29 minutes ago, ugLymayNe said:

Playoffs are starting this week in my main league and my matchups are HORRIBLE this week. 10 team half PPR, starting two FLEX. I'm starting:

Big Ben vs NE

Christian McCaffrey vs GB

Jamaal Williams @ CAR

DeAndre Hopkins vs JAX

Mike Evans @ ATL

Austin Hooper @ TB

Larry Fitz @ WAS

Tyreek Hill vs LAC

Bills D/ST vs MIA

Wil Lutz vs NYJ

I hung onto Jordan Reed all year long only for him to be put on IR... #feelsbadman

Definitely some tough ones there but I think you also have some hope. Ben against NE at home though should be a good start. McCaffery had a bit of a dud last week, but prior to that had 4 consecutive games in the double digits. With Rodgers back, GB should be able to score some points and keep Carolina passing. Williams has 3 consecutive weeks of 20+ points and 5 of his last 6 in double digits. Even against a solid Carolina run defense, I think he will see the volume to put up good enough numbers. Hopkins against Jacksonville is definitely a tough matchup, but the only solace is that with Yates at QB, I would imagine Hopkins sees double digit targets and he is good enough to turn that into a respectable performance. Evans against Atlanta isn't great, but he put 6 for 78 against them in week 12 so I think he can bounce back from his 2 recent duds. Biggest thing with Evans is hoping he can find the endzone. TB has been tough on TEs for the most part this season but Hooper put up 3/38 against them in week 12 so you figure he can get you at 5-7 points and maybe a TD to get you into double digits. Fitz and Hill are both tough in any given week with Fitz's QB situation and Hill being boom/bust but they both have exploded in several games this year so the potential is at least there. I like the Bills D/ST at home against Miami. Should be good enough for what you need and I imagine the Saints will score quite a few points this week so you Lutz should be fine.

6 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Gotta go with Washington there. When all else fails, go with the defense facing the worst quarterback lol. Dolphins could be a sneaky good play, but Tyrod really isn't known for turning the ball over, and Tyrod is mobile to avoid sacks, so there may be a fairly limited ceiling. 

19 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Need an RB 2, WR 2 and Flex in a STANDARD League out of this list.

Jamaal Williams

Rex Burkhead

Tyreek Hill

Davante Adams

Doug Baldwin

Thanks

I think Williams for RB and Adams/Baldwin as the WR and Flex.

Burkhead would be next in line for the flex spot for me.

Archived