Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

@goldfishwars, who i have a great deal of respect for, has posted his 7 Round mock. ye gods, i hope it doesn't play out like this...

Round 1

1. Chicago (From Carolina) - Caleb Williams | QB | USC
2. Washington  - Drake Maye | QB | North Carolina
3. New England  - Jayden Daniels | QB | LSU
4. Arizona  - Marvin Harrison Jr. | WR | Ohio State
5. LA Chargers  - Taliese Fuaga | OT | Oregon State
6. NY Giants  - Malik Nabers | WR | LSU
7. Tennessee  - Joe Alt | OT | Notre Dame
8. Atlanta  - Dallas Turner | EDGE | Alabama
9. Chicago  - Rome Odunze | WR | Washington
10. NY Jets  - Olumuyiwa Fashanu | OT | Penn State
11. Minnesota  - Jared Verse | EDGE | Florida State
12. Denver  - JJ McCarthy | QB | Michigan
13. Las Vegas  - Bo Nix | QB | Oregon

Minnesota
 1 11. Jared Verse | EDGE | Florida State
 2 42. Michael Penix Jr. | QB | Washington
 4 109. Mekhi Wingo | DL | LSU
 4 130. Jalen McMillan | WR | Washington
 5 156. Frank Gore Jr. | RB | Southern Miss
 5 166. Myles Murphy | DL | North Carolina
 6 178. Drake Nugent | OC | Michigan
 6 189. Qwan'Tez Stiggers | CB | Toronto

What is it you opposed here (I can guess....)?

14 hours ago, vike daddy said:

would you do this trade at that price?

I would but the loss of the second round pick this year is a bummer.

However, I'd rather give up that 2nd than give up a future 1st; Those I believe are weighted the same as a current day 2nd round pick.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

What is it you opposed here (I can guess....)?

Penix at 42, when McCarthy is still available to us at 11 for no additional cost.

yes, it would be great to pick up a stud defensive player at 11, but without a qb in training for our future, would that really matter?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Penix at 42, when McCarthy is still available to us at 11 for no additional cost.

yes, it would be great to pick up a stud defensive player at 11, but without a qb in training for our future, would that really matter?

Figured it was that......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

I honestly have a lot of questions with some of these R1 stud DL defenders too. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I honestly have a lot of questions with some of these R1 stud DL defenders too. 

Care to elaborate more? I get the injury concerns with Latu (at least they are a concern for me) but what about the others? This is an extremely odd draft where the first defensive player could be available at pick 11.

• Like 1

how about this one....

1. Chicago Bears: USC QB Caleb Williams
2. Washington Commanders: LSU QB Jayden Daniels

3. TRADE  Atlanta Falcons (From New England Patriots): UNC QB Drake Maye
Trade Details:
Atlanta receives: Pick 3, 2025 7th
New England receives: Pick 8, Pick 79, 2025 1st, 2025 3rd

4. Arizona Cardinals: Ohio State WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
5. Los Angeles Chargers: LSU WR Malik Nabers
6. New York Giants: Washington WR Rome Odunze

7. TRADE Minnesota Vikings (From Tennessee Titans): Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy
Trade Details:
Minnesota receives: Pick 7
Tennessee receives: Pick 11, pick 42, 2025 4th

8. New England Patriots (From Atlanta Falcons): Penn State OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
9. Chicago Bears: LSU WR Brian Thomas Jr.
10. New York Jets: Notre Dame OT Joe Alt

11. TRADE Seattle Seahawks (From Tennessee Titans via Minnesota Vikings): Washington QB Michael Penix Jr.
Trade Details:
Seattle receives: Pick 11, 2025 6th
Tennessee receives: 16, 2024 2nd, 2025 4th

12. Denver Broncos: Illinois DT Jer'Zhan Newton
13. Las Vegas Raiders: Georgia TE Brock Bowers
14. New Orleans Saints: Alabama EDGE Dallas Turner

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/2024-nfl-mock-draft-qb-trades-caleb-williams-drake-maye-jayden-daniels-michael-penix-jr-jj-mccarthy/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1-PjyT9yQnYUqVcZ3WVQGckecBiRwYeQaGsHvbbW-fR8FFl7L3mZpeZI8

@BowserBroncos

• Like 1

CBS Sports’ Josh Edwards: “Minnesota has perused the rookie quarterback market over the past few years and has not been in a position to pounce. In this instance, the Patriots give the Vikings the heir apparent to Kirk Cousins.”

The target is North Carolina’s Drake Maye. 

Vikings get:
– 2024 first-round pick (No. 3 overall)

Patriots get:
– 2024 first-round pick (No. 11 overall)
– 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 109)
– 2025 first-round pick
– 2026 first-round pick

This package mirrors the San Francisco 49ers trade with the Miami Dolphins in 2021, in which the former went from No. 12 overall to No. 3 overall for Trey Lance. The Vikings pick one slot higher in the current year’s first-round pick than the 49ers originally did.

Perhaps that allows Minnesota to include their fourth-round pick – which is only seven slots worse than San Francisco’s – instead of their second-rounder (No. 42 overall) to get a deal done. The Vikings do not have a third-round pick in this year’s draft, so that would be key.

This is a different twist to a popular notion. The Vikings have been labeled as a team to watch for a trade up in the draft for some time, especially as Cousins’ situation continues to drag on. Maye is a new target, though.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/analyst-projected-trade-patriots-draft-maye/?fbclid=IwAR1qzZsS1a4Xg5jt6lGy23I-S_XrYEy7nNizT6808CdxmlV0CQmYvwvWnGc

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

CBS Sports’ Josh Edwards: “Minnesota has perused the rookie quarterback market over the past few years and has not been in a position to pounce. In this instance, the Patriots give the Vikings the heir apparent to Kirk Cousins.”

Vikings get:

Patriots get:
– 2025 first-round pick
– 2026 first-round pick

This package mirrors the San Francisco 49ers trade with the Miami Dolphins in 2021, in which the former went from No. 12 overall to No. 3 overall for Trey Lance. The Vikings pick one slot higher in the current year’s first-round pick than the 49ers originally did.

Perhaps that allows Minnesota to include their fourth-round pick – which is only seven slots worse than San Francisco’s – instead of their second-rounder (No. 42 overall) to get a deal done. The Vikings do not have a third-round pick in this year’s draft, so that would be key.

This is a different twist to a popular notion. The Vikings have been labeled as a team to watch for a trade up in the draft for some time, especially as Cousins’ situation continues to drag on. Maye is a new target, though.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/analyst-projected-trade-patriots-draft-maye/?fbclid=IwAR1qzZsS1a4Xg5jt6lGy23I-S_XrYEy7nNizT6808CdxmlV0CQmYvwvWnGc

I would haaaaaaate that. 

Unless he wins us a Super Bowl. 

But until then, I would haaaaaaaate that. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I would haaaaaaate that. 

Unless he wins us a Super Bowl. 

But until then, I would haaaaaaaate that. 

how do you feel about the other mock, where we trade 11 and 42 and a future 4th to go to 7 and take McCarthy?

14 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Care to elaborate more? I get the injury concerns with Latu (at least they are a concern for me) but what about the others? This is an extremely odd draft where the first defensive player could be available at pick 11.

Based on my film review I’ve doing done so far, I’m just not a fan of the DL options going in the 11-range. I am considering Chop Robinson as my favourite one, who is currently being mocked much lower

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

how do you feel about the other mock, where we trade 11 and 42 and a future 4th to go to 7 and take McCarthy?

I’d definitely prefer that. I also prefer McCarthy to Maye. Especially considering what it would take to move up to get Maye at his current projection. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Based on my film review I’ve doing done so far, I’m just not a fan of the DL options going in the 11-range. I am considering Chop Robinson as my favourite one, who is currently being mocked much lower

I’d take Robinson for the announcing possibilities alone. “Patrick Mahomes, you’ve been CHOPPED!!!”

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

how about this one....

1. Chicago Bears: USC QB Caleb Williams
2. Washington Commanders: LSU QB Jayden Daniels

3. TRADE  Atlanta Falcons (From New England Patriots): UNC QB Drake Maye
Trade Details:
Atlanta receives: Pick 3, 2025 7th
New England receives: Pick 8, Pick 79, 2025 1st, 2025 3rd

4. Arizona Cardinals: Ohio State WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
5. Los Angeles Chargers: LSU WR Malik Nabers
6. New York Giants: Washington WR Rome Odunze

7. TRADE Minnesota Vikings (From Tennessee Titans): Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy
Trade Details:
Minnesota receives: Pick 7
Tennessee receives: Pick 11, pick 42, 2025 4th

8. New England Patriots (From Atlanta Falcons): Penn State OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
9. Chicago Bears: LSU WR Brian Thomas Jr.
10. New York Jets: Notre Dame OT Joe Alt

11. TRADE Seattle Seahawks (From Tennessee Titans via Minnesota Vikings): Washington QB Michael Penix Jr.
Trade Details:
Seattle receives: Pick 11, 2025 6th
Tennessee receives: 16, 2024 2nd, 2025 4th

12. Denver Broncos: Illinois DT Jer'Zhan Newton
13. Las Vegas Raiders: Georgia TE Brock Bowers
14. New Orleans Saints: Alabama EDGE Dallas Turner

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/2024-nfl-mock-draft-qb-trades-caleb-williams-drake-maye-jayden-daniels-michael-penix-jr-jj-mccarthy/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1-PjyT9yQnYUqVcZ3WVQGckecBiRwYeQaGsHvbbW-fR8FFl7L3mZpeZI8

@BowserBroncos

I’d be happy with this outcome. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings get:

Patriots get:
– 2025 first-round pick
– 2026 first-round pick

I wouldn't hate it, but I don’t think I’d be super excited. 

I like Maye, but I don’t think he’s the caliber of prospect to give up two future 1st rounders. That’s a huge price tag for a guy who’s probably got the most boom/bust potential of the top 4. 

• Like 2