Mike Mularkey is Jeff Fisher 2.0

RuskieTitan

12 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

The "mcdaniels is trash cuz of Denver" is the laziest argument of all time. All time!!

That's the argument used against Murlarkey. Failed past equals trash future. 

Surrounding factors don't count. He lost and was fired. 

That's how it works right? Or only when it fits our argument? Lol 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

An offense like the one we currently have is my personal argument against Mularkey at the moment. There was a time when I thought it could actually be a great O for Marcus. But that was last year. I assumed it would grow and evolve. It hasn't.

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

No because how many times has mularkey been a HC ? he’s been a loser all his life, he hasn’t done nothing but gave the titans & identity & installed discipline 

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

An offense like the one we currently have is my personal argument against Mularkey at the moment. There was a time when I thought it could actually be a great O for Marcus. But that was last year. I assumed it would grow and evolve. It hasn't.

I told y’all last yr the only reason we had success was because of the run game, games we couldn’t run the ball we struggled to move the offense. 

20 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

This to me is more legit than, he was bad in Buffalo and one year in Jacksonville, so he is bad. 

I understand this and agree somewhat. 

My hope is Mularkey is extended, fires Robiskie(or demotes to WR coach if he'd take it), hires a Garrett or Clements to take over the offense and run how they see fit.

Mularkey's discipline has done wonders for the team and the team has a never say die attitude that should be attributed to him, however we probably are at our ceiling(playoff team 4/5/6 seed not much more) running the offense we are right now.

It'll suck if Mularkey dies with this offense cause if he could realize if he allows the offense to change he could be here a long time.

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

My hope is Mularkey is extended, fires Robiskie(or demotes to WR coach if he'd take it), hires a Garrett or Clements to take over the offense and run how they see fit.

Mularkey's discipline has done wonders for the team and the team has a never say die attitude that should be attributed to him, however we probably are at our ceiling(playoff team 4/5/6 seed not much more) running the offense we are right now.

It'll suck if Mularkey dies with this offense cause if he could realize if he allows the offense to change he could be here a long time.

i actually agree with this. but i don't think he's capable of changing.

I don't think Mike is Jeff 2.0

They have a similar approach to the game of football. Tough. Run game. Defense. Field position.

Lots of little things make them different

For example Jeff would never have gave this many rookies this much playing time. Would never have let Marcus change the plays at the line etc

Idk I just dont see it

Also Jeff did lead us to a super bowl.. Our only appearance for that matter.  A AFC championship game and a couple more playoff appearances. Yeah it ended bad but he had some good years so I dont understand all the hate. 

As for Mike yes the game has changed but give Mike some time. Yes we might need a new oc but to say Mike wont change at all is not true cause none of us know Mike and what he will and wont do. We have to wait and see  

1 hour ago, VY-FTW said:

I don't think Mike is Jeff 2.0

They have a similar approach to the game of football. Tough. Run game. Defense. Field position.

Lots of little things make them different

For example Jeff would never have gave this many rookies this much playing time. Would never have let Marcus change the plays at the line etc

Idk I just dont see it

Also Jeff did lead us to a super bowl.. Our only appearance for that matter.  A AFC championship game and a couple more playoff appearances. Yeah it ended bad but he had some good years so I dont understand all the hate. 

As for Mike yes the game has changed but give Mike some time. Yes we might need a new oc but to say Mike wont change at all is not true cause none of us know Mike and what he will and wont do. We have to wait and see  

For all the **** talking Fisher receives from 99-03 there's an argument to be made he was the best coach in football. Certainly top 5.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

For all the **** talking Fisher receives from 99-03 there's an argument to be made he was the best coach in football. Certainly top 5.

If you hated Fisher from 99-03, then there is no satisfying you.  58-24, 4 playoff appearances, 1 Super Bowl, 1 AFC Championship,  2 AFC Championship games.  Could be said he should have been fired after 05. But they built it back up to the best team in the league in 08. (10-0 start, best defense in football). He evolved with Dinger as OC to have McNair be Co-MVP of the league.
The franchise could have done a lot worst than a Super Bowl, MVP, a couple of league leading defenses and playoff appearances.  

That is perfect example of people never being happy.  
Go into the Patriots forum after the Monday night game and you'll find posters there upset with the "state of the franchise." Thinking Brady is slipping. lol 

8 straight seasons in the playoffs and a more than 11 wins for a league record consecutive streak, not good enough... lol

Just now, KingTitan said:

If you hated Fisher from 99-03, then there is no satisfying you.  58-24, 4 playoff appearances, 1 Super Bowl, 1 AFC Championship,  2 AFC Championship games.  Could be said he should have been fired after 05. But they built it back up to the best team in the league in 08. (10-0 start, best defense in football). He evolved with Dinger as OC to have McNair be Co-MVP of the league.
The franchise could have done a lot worst than a Super Bowl, MVP, a couple of league leading defenses and playoff appearances.  

That is perfect example of people never being happy.  
Go into the Patriots forum after the Monday night game and you'll find posters there upset with the "state of the franchise." Thinking Brady is slipping. lol 

8 straight seasons in the playoffs and a more than 11 wins for a league record consecutive streak, not good enough... lol

The worst part with Fisher is it seems he was cursed.

Mike Jones makes some incredible tackle( I think it's understated how difficult it is to tackle a WR going near full speed just grabbing his thighs..the grip strength required..geeze), Eddie George bobbling the pass in to Lewis' hands, Bennett dropping the pass on 4th down, the fumbles in 08..

It's like we used up all our good playoff will with the music city miracle.

7 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I told y’all last yr the only reason we had success was because of the run game, games we couldn’t run the ball we struggled to move the offense. 

Jeff did played rookies Chris Johnson, Jevon Kearse Brandon jones, Reynaldo hill, Adam Jones, he played rookies that earned it..

I was out looking for that chart on Mularkey... that shows how he's been flexible to his roster strengths... more of a power running scheme with blocking TEs in Pitt... to his use of a great FB early in Atlanta, switching to more pass-centric offense once he paired Jones with White his last year in that Atlanta offense... he also increased the TE's role once he had Gonzo in his offense.  He obviously prefers run... he's a former TE, so he likes to use TES... but he's also... at least I thought... very flexible to his roster strengths.... the I found this article, "Why Mike Mularkey's Potential Exit Wouldn't Be A Bad Thing For The Falcons"...   And man... it's almost like they took quotes directly from our boards:

"I know many, if not the majority, of Falcons fans have grown disenchanted with his vanilla playcalling and over-devotion to the run game"  (although I did find the continuation of that paragraph funny... "I'd definitely like to see him use Harry Douglas in more packages and think Jason Snelling is underused especially as a pass catcher out of the backfield.")

"We've all seen the offensive series that begins with Michael Turner straight ahead, then switches to Turner straight ahead before finishing with Turner straight ahead."

"He's certainly not kept the Inspector Gadget moniker her earned as offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh but then again, it's hard to argue with the success of a 13-3 team."

"So he's an average OC with the potential to be great (three seasons in top 10) and the potential to be awful (four seasons in bottom 13). More puzzling is he's yet to show offensive improvement once he's arrived. His first season with a team is always his best season. Each subsequent year is worse than the last. So why are teams still interested in his offensive mind? Mularkey can turn offenses around. In all but one stop, his first season has improved upon the season prior to his arrival."

"You now know that he's a terrific first-year coach/coordinator but his playcalling gets old and defenses figure him out."

It's uncanny how we're having almost the exact same conversations here... word for word.  Although to be fair, this was before his final year with Jones.  But its like I'm arguing against myself here... we know he's not going as lame duck... we know he's not going to get fired if we make the playoffs... are we better off missing the playoffs and changing staffs once again... What a horrible situation all around....

19 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I was concerned last year that we couldn't decide what kind of team we were building... Robinson trades for Murray, drafts Conklin and Henry... makes C on of the priority signings... all signs pointing to a power run offense... which seemed counter-intuitive to Marcus' strengths as a tempo, spread, shotgun, whatever type of QB. 

This year we seemed to focus more on adding to the pass... but it hasn't fit... I want to blame it on how things played out starting in the offseason that just haven't allowed all of them to gel.  And just like you, I thought we'd be switching gears a little, and that Marcus' growth would continue.

But then things come up... Davis is hurt most of the offseason, especially critical as a rookie... Decker comes in late, is also hurt most of the offseason, can't work on timing stuff with Mariota... Mariota gets hurt early in the season.. and those injuries have aggregated and lingered... his footwork was horrible and painfully obvious last week, thought it was lack of coaching, but now we hear its related to those injuries... Matthews, Walker have both been hindered at times with minor injuries...

I want to believe that's what it is... maybe that's why we've relied on a struggling run game... although it's been enough, especially late in the game after we've worn down opponents, and the run game or Mariota take over just enough to get us wins.  Are we ready to move on to a more pass-heavy offense... and if so... is Henry the best fit for us (kinda like Blount was with NEP for a spell)... or do we need a more versatile-type back... someone more like CJ, a more versatile type of back..?  

Archived