Week 15 - Bears @ Browns GDT

HuskieBear

On 12/15/2023 at 7:51 AM, Madmike90 said:

Anyone else find it a bit strange after the last 2 years to be proper looking forward to getting to Sunday for a Bears game a few days out? 😂

In December, no less. 

And yes, this is weird, not only because I'm usually months into draft research at this point with no hope for the season.....but because this season I've been on and off the "tank" train multiple times already and am already months into draft research because I had zero hope for the season. 

This team may not be great, but they are at least interesting.... Twists and turns abound, never really know what we'll get next

7 minutes ago, Epyon said:

In December, no less. 

And yes, this is weird, not only because I'm usually months into draft research at this point with no hope for the season.....but because this season I've been on and off the "tank" train multiple times already and am already months into draft research because I had zero hope for the season. 

This team may not be great, but they are at least interesting.... Twists and turns abound, never really know what we'll get next

The last two years have been full of variety. Remember people were non-ironically worrying about Luke Getsy getting a head coaching job?

Their D is vulnerable, esp up front, starters banged up and unknown depth 

JF should be able to take adv of their aggressive upfield pursuit 

I really like our chances ! The problem with winning tomorrow means we then likely win next 2 at home, and then will be on FIRE going into FGB, all of which moves our pick closer to 20(s) and still only 63% chance of making POs if we win OUT  

hard times ha ha 

Edited by SLCbear

16 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Their D is vulnerable, esp up front, starters banged up and unknown depth 

JF should be able to take adv of their aggressive upfield pursuit 

I really like our chances ! The problem with winning tomorrow means we then likely win next 2 at home, and then will be on FIRE going into FGB, all of which moves our pick closer to 20(s) and still only 63% chance of making POs if we win OUT  

hard times ha ha 

The Browns writer on the Athletic was on with Hoge & Jahns and said mobile QBs have given that defence problems all year long and they haven't faced anyone who plays like Fields (says alot when Lamar is in their division) puts it down to the fact they like to play a lot of man coverage...if they try and and even try to spy Fields then it should lead to a lot of 1-on-1 match ups...got to hope DJ is healthy and can get open...could be a good day for Cole since he is becoming more difficult to cover this season (still want to see him play up to his size more mind you especially when it comes to YAC)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

The Browns writer on the Athletic was on with Hoge & Jahns and said mobile QBs have given that defence problems all year long and they haven't faced anyone who plays like Fields (says alot when Lamar is in their division) puts it down to the fact they like to play a lot of man coverage...if they try and and even try to spy Fields then it should lead to a lot of 1-on-1 match ups...got to hope DJ is healthy and can get open...could be a good day for Cole since he is becoming more difficult to cover this season (still want to see him play up to his size more mind you especially when it comes to YAC)

i expect them to spy the hell out of fields with JOK

12 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

So,  unless the defense completely flops the Browns shouldn't be scoring a ton of points, right?  I think this game comes down entirely to the offensive game plan of the Bears, specifically how they scheme things to keep Fields out of trouble. Not sure how confident I feel about that.  If it's screenageddon again I think the Browns will have seen that on tape and have it figured out.  Good luck all!

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

ya Jim  Schwartz is great but not so much vs a QB like JF. Would LOVE to see JF get some revenge and run wild, he hasn't had a massive rush hame this season, would be very cool to see one today 😎 

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I've given up on YAC for CK ha ha but at least he is now a comfortable and consistent target for jF