what one skill position fix could have the biggest turn around for this team.

mar29020

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

im hoping we dump another 1st into the D-line.

I’d say Ioaniddis has played his way into a starting role.  Allen will start at the other DE spot.  Maybe a NT, but those don’t really seem to be worth first round picks.  I can see ya drafting one or two Dlineman with mid to late round picks but idk about a first.

Depending on how the board fell, I’d probably take an OLB.  Yes we have Preston Smith, but he’s pretty mediocre and should be coming off the bench imo.  Ryan Anderson has shown nothing.  Kerrigan is good but we need a dominant edge rusher to pair with him.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I’d say Ioaniddis has played his way into a starting role.  Allen will start at the other DE spot.  Maybe a NT, but those don’t really seem to be worth first round picks.  I can see ya drafting one or two Dlineman with mid to late round picks but idk about a first.

Depending on how the board fell, I’d probably take an OLB.  Yes we have Preston Smith, but he’s pretty mediocre and should be coming off the bench imo.  Ryan Anderson has shown nothing.  Kerrigan is good but we need a dominant edge rusher to pair with him.

You think smith mediocre ? 

Well being when Nicholson was healthy our defense was not allowing anything through the air I’d say FS. But I think if we had a coverage ILB or a freak OLB we would be legit. But I think we saw with a good DL Smith can be a good player. I want too see what we can do with more DL help that’s still our weakness. But a stud ILB to go with Brown could be huge. But weve been getting torched since Nicholson got hurt so as I’ve said for years a rangy playmaker FS would be huge for this defense with our CB’s

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

When do you hear his named called except a sack every other game?

Uh ... does he even do that? Look, if I had a rusher who got a sack every other game, that would be worth keeping around.

Considering Gallatte is probably gone after this season, no reason to let Smith go. We need depth at the position. So until you can find someone better to replace him with, he's still cheap and somewhat productive.

Archived