what one skill position fix could have the biggest turn around for this team.

mar29020

46 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think he averages about a sack every other game.

And I am also saying I think that's all he does. So, sure, worth keeping, but yes to MK saying "mediocre"

You and I have a very different definition of mediocre when it comes to edge rushers.

This is a no-brainer for me. I like Perine, I love Thompson, but we need a workhorse RB. Period. The type of running back that makes his offensive line look good and not the other way around. 

The NFL may have switched from a run first league, but what is tried and true is that if you can consistently run the ball for 3.4 yards a carry, you will be difficult to beat. 

Give me a Eddie George, Edgerrin James, Adrian Peterson, Jerome Bettis type RB and see what this offense can do.

And before you say it, Jay Gruden WOULD run the ball if he had a RB worth handing the ball too 30 times a game.

13 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

When do you hear his named called except a sack every other game?

That means 8 or 9 sacks a year which is above average. Sure, we could use an elite pass rusher if we can get one I’m not opposed to gong OLB but Smith is better than average. He makes some plays in the run game too, sure he’s inconsistent but he’s seemed to improve this year especially when Allen was healthy the first month. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

That means 8 or 9 sacks a year which is above average. Sure, we could use an elite pass rusher if we can get one I’m not opposed to gong OLB but Smith is better than average.

I don’t agree with this.  Smith makes little to no impact on the game from the defensive position that is supposed to impact it the most.  

He’s a terrible linebacker.  I say bulk him up and throw him in the Dline rotation. 

Position player we need the most in a Gruden offense - pass first - a WR by far. Crowder has had a down year and Doctson has flashed - which is great - but both remain inconsistent. If we could get a speedy wr to go opposite Doc, that would make our O explosive again.

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t agree with this.  Smith makes little to no impact on the game from the defensive position that is supposed to impact it the most.  

He’s a terrible linebacker.  I say bulk him up and throw him in the Dline rotation. 

Interesting. Not what you said in regards to Murphy also, I wanted to begin the process with both guys of moving them to DE as rookies but those who scouted and drafted them had them play OLB.

Anyways, sure if you just stat watch you don’t see his impact but that doesn’t mean he’s not doing anything. The same could be said for Galette, Galette has been relentless this year and had great pass rushing moves which have pressured every qb and gotten many qb hits. Now, if you’re just stat watching you don’t see Galette’s impact but watching the game two or three times and especially the All-22, his impact is obvious. Galette, Kerrigan and Smith need to be on the field together when we are going against a team who is in obvious passing situations like we used to do with Kerrigan, Murphy & Rak.

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Interesting. Not what you said in regards to Murphy also, I wanted to begin the process with both guys of moving them to DE as rookies but those who scouted and drafted them had them play OLB.

Anyways, sure if you just stat watch you don’t see his impact but that doesn’t mean he’s not doing anything. The same could be said for Galette, Galette has been relentless this year and had great pass rushing moves which have pressured every qb and gotten many qb hits. Now, if you’re just stat watching you don’t see Galette’s impact but watching the game two or three times and especially the All-22, his impact is obvious. Galette, Kerrigan and Smith need to be on the field together when we are going against a team who is in obvious passing situations like we used to do with Kerrigan, Murphy & Rak.

Murphy played OLB in college, smith played DE and DT.

edit - also Galette sucks I hope he’s gone 

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Murphy played OLB in college, smith played DE and DT.

edit - also Galette sucks I hope he’s gone 

You’d have to watch tape of murphy in college to know he didn’t just play OLB all game, he often times had his hand in the dirt. 

Tweet Mccloughan and ask him for an answer on Smith & Galette. I’m sure he’ll tell you something similar about them. They’re our two most athletic pass rushers, it’s obvious if you watch the All-22.

This team could draft the greatest skill position player ever and we'd still suck. Until Snyder either A. has an epiphany and realizes he needs to back off and let a real GM and front office build his team or B. He dies, this team will continue to suck.

We can bring up free agents, we can do mock drafts and talk about what we should pay Kirk Cousins but none of that really matters. There is nothing that will ever fix this mess. We have almost 20 years of evidence now that we simply will never be good again under Snyder. He has every resource at his disposal to field a good team and he simply refuses. Whether it was allowing Cerrato to come back and firing Marty or allowing Bruce to fire Scot, he's proven time and time again he just won't learn. He's literally repeated the same mistakes over and over and over again. 

So with this, I've given up. The hope I've had and held onto to see this franchise become a winner again is gone. Frankly, I'm just tired. I'm tired of running scenarios through my head that can make this team better when the owner doesn't even care enough to not embarrass his own fanbase. We dealt with Cerrato for several years and now we are going through that all over again with Allen. This is absolutely unacceptable and the fanbase needs to let Snyder hear it. You either hire a real front office or your stadium is going to be empty. We've had enough. 

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’d have to watch tape of murphy in college to know he didn’t just play OLB all game, he often times had his hand in the dirt. 

Tweet Mccloughan and ask him for an answer on Smith & Galette. I’m sure he’ll tell you something similar about them. They’re our two most athletic pass rushers, it’s obvious if you watch the All-22.

Completely disagree with you.

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This team could draft the greatest skill position player ever and we'd still suck. Until Snyder either A. has an epiphany and realizes he needs to back off and let a real GM and front office build his team or B. He dies, this team will continue to suck.

We can bring up free agents, we can do mock drafts and talk about what we should pay Kirk Cousins but none of that really matters. There is nothing that will ever fix this mess. We have almost 20 years of evidence now that we simply will never be good again under Snyder. He has every resource at his disposal to field a good team and he simply refuses. Whether it was allowing Cerrato to come back and firing Marty or allowing Bruce to fire Scot, he's proven time and time again he just won't learn. He's literally repeated the same mistakes over and over and over again. 

So with this, I've given up. The hope I've had and held onto to see this franchise become a winner again is gone. Frankly, I'm just tired. I'm tired of running scenarios through my head that can make this team better when the owner doesn't even care enough to not embarrass his own fanbase. We dealt with Cerrato for several years and now we are going through that all over again with Allen. This is absolutely unacceptable and the fanbase needs to let Snyder hear it. You either hire a real front office or your stadium is going to be empty. We've had enough. 

I feel your pain but again, pipe dream. It’s not happening.

Archived