what one skill position fix could have the biggest turn around for this team.

mar29020

On 12/11/2017 at 11:09 PM, MKnight82 said:

I watch every game.  He sucks.

Why do you do this? Why do you argue someone when they’re saying the truth just to continue your narrative you had since March?

It’s so annoying. You do it with the safety position, you do it with our good back up players who are just filling roles and aren’t very expensive. I just don’t get it.

You didn’t think Galette would make the team, and because you thought that in March you seem to want to continue to say that he’s not playing well this season and it’s not true. It’s true that he’s not getting many snaps but it’s not true that he’s not having an impact when he’s out there.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Why do you do this? Why do you argue someone when they’re saying the truth just to continue your narrative you had since March?

It’s so annoying. You do it with the safety position, you do it with our good back up players who are just filling roles and aren’t very expensive. I just don’t get it.

You didn’t think Galette would make the team, and because you thought that in March you seem to want to continue to say that he’s not playing well this season and it’s not true. It’s true that he’s not getting many snaps but it’s not true that he’s not having an impact when he’s out there.

Uhhh this is just saying Preston Smith is terrible.   

Yeah, I don't know a comparison puts either Gallette or Smith in the best of light. Smith 4 sacks with Allen and 1 since the bye. Junior (1.5 sacks in the same time) probably comes in at about the vet minimum to camp and can get pushed out pretty easily depending on who Washington picks up. Look at how long they kept him on the non-football injury list - what do you think this FO will do?

Agree with many posters - get an RB for a guy that could boost a turnaround. 

19 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Uhhh this is just saying Preston Smith is terrible.   

Yeah, you only think that, you have no comparison for another player who plays as much as Smith does that has a similar amount of pressures or a player who plays as little as Galette but has as many pressures as him. Sacks don’t tell the whole story. Especially when Qbs get rid of the ball so quick now a days more often than not. Galette had a sack taken back when he lunged for Wentz - accidentally grazing his face mask - and sacked him in the 2nd Eagles game.  He had another sack waived off because of penalty also, I think it was a defensive holding call in the secondary,  I can’t remember what game it was but I remember it being early in the season and at home. 

Galette barely missed sacks this year bc the Qb has just thrown it when he was about to sack him, he’s the only one of our pass rushers who has more than one move.

Heck, Kerrigan has the most stats and plays the most snaps but trnissue with him is he can’t turn the corner even on a RT to get a Sack. He gets his sacks off of a bull rush or by going up the field and cutting back inside and beating the RT that way. 

The main problem with our pass rush is this:

MATT IOANNIDISWASHINGTON REDSKINS

PFF Grade: 84.2

PFF Pass-Rush Productivity: 12.5

Ioannidis is an unheralded name in his second year out of Temple as a fifth-round pick. From Weeks 2-6, he recorded 18 pressures on 104 pass-rush snaps including five against an impressive Raiders offensive line.

T-4. JONATHAN ALLENWASHINGTON REDSKINS

PFF Grade: 81.3

PFF Pass-Rush Productivity: 12.0

Allen was PFF’s No. 2 overall prospect on the 2017 big board because his game film separated him from the strong defensive tackle class. Though he may be lost for an extended period of time, if not the season, Allen was hitting his groove tallying 11 pressures on just 66 pass-rushes over the past three games with Washington having carved out a specific role for him to get after the passer.

The Redskins two best interior pass rushers got hurt in October and when they did it affected our interior pass rush/push which affected our edge pass rushers because the Qbs could then step up in the pocket to avoid Kerrigan, Smith and Galette who were coming from the outside. Before Allen & Ioannidis’ injuries Qbs couldn’t step up because they were bringing pressure and it allowed Kerrigan and Smith to get more sacks.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:51 AM, MKnight82 said:

I don't know where to get that information (pressures).  If you could provide a source I'll do some research.

I think football outsiders but you have to pay for it and I’m not. The truth is that Allen’s injury & then Ioannidis’ shortly after that killed our pass rush. Allen took on double teams and still pushed the pocket. Allen taking on double teams allowed Ioannidis to go one on one with the LG. They both pushed the pocket back so QBs couldn’t step up and when that happened Smith was there to get a sack or qb hit on the edge. Without that, QBs just step up away from Smith. Kerrigan gets sacks in different ways. He rarely turns the corner becaus3 he gets no bend on his pass rush, he goes upfield and then cuts inside the RT to get the sack or bull rushes them. Smith needs to work on an inside move like Kerrigan has, if he did he may have a few more sacks.

Also, I know people don’t like to hear this but Smith usually goes against LTs and they are good and great pass blockers. This doesn’t mean Smith doesn’t need to be better, but at the same time just look at the LTs he’s gone against this year, it’s been a group of good and great LTs minus a few all year. 

On 12/11/2017 at 4:49 PM, Slappy Mc said:

The NFL may have switched from a run first league, but what is tried and true is that if you can consistently run the ball for 3.4 yards a carry, you will be difficult to beat.

*raises an eyebrow*

3.4 ypc? Guys who average 10.0 carries/game or more and are 3.5 ypc:

• Adrian Peterson
  • Doug Martin
  • Jonathan Stewart
  • Joe Mixon
  • Ameer Abdullah
  • Samaje Perine

If you go down to 8.0 carries/game, you can add:

• Rob Kelley
  • Chris Ivory 

So, we're talking about either a guy who in his prime was one of the best in the game (but is no longer in his prime), a bunch of scrubs, or guys we already have?

I realize we're desperate for any semblance of a running game, but let's not lower our expectations through the floor!

On 12/11/2017 at 10:44 PM, lavar703 said:

So with this, I've given up. The hope I've had and held onto to see this franchise become a winner again is gone. Frankly, I'm just tired. I'm tired of running scenarios through my head that can make this team better when the owner doesn't even care enough to not embarrass his own fanbase. We dealt with Cerrato for several years and now we are going through that all over again with Allen. This is absolutely unacceptable and the fanbase needs to let Snyder hear it. You either hire a real front office or your stadium is going to be empty. We've had enough.

Now imagine ...

• You grew up when this team had a great front office.
  • You grew up when this team had a great owner.
  • You are now a moderator of a forum dedicated to said team.

Remember, it could be worse ...

Archived