Steelers Christmas Classics: Week 15 GDT vs Pats

43M

Had to get this up early, as I will be pretty busy this week....

hFlMywu.png

Come on Steeler Nation!!!!!   Lets get into the holiday spirit and warm up for this important game by bringing some Holiday Cheer and singing some beloved Steelers Christmas Classics!!!!!!

wNQtokh.png

VPCBHsc.png

(This next one is Frosty the Snowman, in case there is any confusion... B|

xNTvZqQ.png

YjWUBZj.png

YzYFLO4.png

2EofDh9.jpg

eY2iej7.png

i3GcqZu.jpg

lLh8sia.png

Great GDT!

To win this game and once the play offs start, our games will have to be like last night.

Scores in the the 30's. Hope the defense can get a couple stops and maybe a turnover here or there.

Offense has to carry us the rest of this year!

I fully expect to lose this game by 14+. This defense really needs to find itself because with out Haden and Shazier it’s a pretty sad looking unit overall. So as long as we come out and play football and don’t catch anymore injuries along the way I won’t be too upset. I’ll consider it a much needed bonus if this defense shows some life. So with that said, I really hope we take care of business and pull out a W somehow. 

44 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

I fully expect to lose this game by 14+. This defense really needs to find itself because with out Haden and Shazier it’s a pretty sad looking unit overall. So as long as we come out and play football and don’t catch anymore injuries along the way I won’t be too upset. I’ll consider it a much needed bonus if this defense shows some life. So with that said, I really hope we take care of business and pull out a W somehow. 

Is this the game that the elite O wins for us? I doubt it, but wait and see.

This will be unpopular...

I hope we play zero snaps of man to man defense this weekend. Zero. Zip. None.

I hope we are vanilla as possible. I hope we rush 3-4 and just try to limit big plays and keep windows tight and everything in front of us. This is part 1 of a 2 game set against the Patriots and they have some tremendous coaches. Watching film is one thing, but live action film against your own players is another. I don't want anything that Bill and his staff can hid in a cave and pick apart how we plan on defending them. 

This game ultimately does not matter. Would love nothing more than not to have to travel to Foxboro, but the second game is the must win - not the first. 

3 hours ago, August4th said:

just hope we can make it a game..

This. The inability to even make it a contest is perhaps the most frustrating thing. They haven't even been close.

It's not even just the defense. Offense typically stalls completely settling for FG"s while racking up yards. Which isn't unique to NE, but there's only been one real exception to that in the last decade.

Need Haden back.

What's really been interesting to me late is how the offense has done a reverse of last year. Started season run heavy, and then switched to pass happy. For years, I complained about this team not being willing to come out and just throw it all over Baltimore. They played into their hands. Well, last night they did that for most of the game and it worked.

Also, interesting that you have to think about this in terms of two match-ups. Tomlin has already said it so I figure I can, too. What you do here impacts what you have to do later in the year because NE will adjust for a potential playoff match-up. Win or lose.

Archived