Hunter Henry

I know many people expect Henry to start getting more looks but do you see him outpacing Gates in yards and TDs this year? Is he going to be the next big star at the TE position? Lots of people compared him to Jason Witten in the draft and I've been real interested in seeing his progression. Having Rivers is also going to help his development a lot. What are your expectations for the young man? 

20 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I know many people expect Henry to start getting more looks but do you see him outpacing Gates in yards and TDs this year? Is he going to be the next big star at the TE position? Lots of people compared him to Jason Witten in the draft and I've been real interested in seeing his progression. Having Rivers is also going to help his development a lot. What are your expectations for the young man? 

Really liked his production last year and think there's big things in store for him.  TEs usually don't produce a lot as a rookie, but his production was there and it bodes well for his ability to make more production.

I think he’ll definitely wind up with more receptions and yard, but TD’s are iffy. Gates is so crafty when it comes to getting open around the 1st down marker, or the end zone, that he’ll be still be he go to guy there. It will be hard to dethrone Gates in those areas.

i think Whitten is a pretty good comparison. He has a lot of work to do in order to get there, but he has a very similar skill set. Both are very good blockers, werer never going to blow you away at the combine, but know how to use every bit of ability they have to get open, and have excellent hands. I’ll be thrilled if Henry can be even 75% of Whitten for his career. 

1 hour ago, MrDrew said:

I think he’ll definitely wind up with more receptions and yard, but TD’s are iffy. Gates is so crafty when it comes to getting open around the 1st down marker, or the end zone, that he’ll be still be he go to guy there. It will be hard to dethrone Gates in those areas.

i think Whitten is a pretty good comparison. He has a lot of work to do in order to get there, but he has a very similar skill set. Both are very good blockers, werer never going to blow you away at the combine, but know how to use every bit of ability they have to get open, and have excellent hands. I’ll be thrilled if Henry can be even 75% of Whitten for his career. 

Gates is such a monster in the red zone. Hopefully he can rub off on Hunter Henry in that regard. It will be interesting watching Gates take a secondary role this year. Hopefully Henry can click with Rivers. He had a great start last year. 

High Praise for Henry based on the Witten comps but he is a super talented guy that can do it all at the position so I think he deserves some of it. 

I think he will out pace Gates in all categories. He had 8 TDs as a rookie I think he's already somewhat established as a nice end zone threat. 

Aside from him fumbling away the game against Indy he had a great year and didn't really make any mistakes. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, biletnikoff said:

he better do something. I have him in a few fantasy things

Some solid run blocking doesn't get you any fantasy points?

I'd imagine a 0 target, 0 catch game isn't likely to happen again. The game plan needs to change but this should change regardless. 

Archived