Jump to content

This is where I am at with Poles, Fields and Eberflus.


dll2000

Recommended Posts

Exactly problem when Flus was hired.  

Your OC either stinks and needs to be fired or he is good and gets HC job.  

If Fields balled out this year Getsy would have a HC job this season.

It was always lose lose.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Exactly problem when Flus was hired.  

Your OC either stinks and needs to be fired or he is good and gets HC job.  

If Fields balled out this year Getsy would have a HC job this season.

It was always lose lose.  

This just isnt reality, but keep trying to spin this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This just isnt reality, but keep trying to spin this.

Last year after Justin started to run there was lots of chatter about how much it would suck to lose Getsy when he got a HC job.   If Fields had undergone an Allen like leap it's not out of line to think the same kind of talk would occur.  

Thing I cannot figure out about Getsy is how wild the swing is from scripted plays to the rest of the game.  Make NFL games one possession each team and the dude's in the HOF. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Last year after Justin started to run there was lots of chatter about how much it would suck to lose Getsy when he got a HC job.

Who said this? The Blockhead Bears fans? Because it was no one with any real swing in league circles. 

Alot of stuff gets said by unrealistic Fans when theres a hot streak (Remember Byron Leftwitch being the next big thing?) So using that as some sort of "proof" of anything is more ridiculous than the original comment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

They’re really gonna run it back with Flus aren’t they? Probably give him a rookie QB too. Despite being able to land any HC we want because we have the best job opening. 

Its this kind of stuff that keeps pulling me back to the reality of the majority of the Bears fan base

 

There is a job out there that has a proven ROY, Prow-Bowl, 5000 passer and you say this kind of stuff with a straight face

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its this kind of stuff that keeps pulling me back to the reality of the majority of the Bears fan base

 

There is a job out there that has a proven ROY, Prow-Bowl, 5000 passer and you say this kind of stuff with a straight face

That’s the only other job in the conversation and putting it ahead of the Bears is fine by me because of Herbert. They also have a bunch of money tied up in aging players and lack young talent. They’re going to need to go through a roster rebuild at some point. I’d bet that’s where Harbaugh ends up. The point stands that we are a very attractive destination for a HC. I don’t see how thats worth arguing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

That’s the only other job in the conversation and putting it ahead of the Bears is fine by me because of Herbert. They also have a bunch of money tied up in aging players and lack young talent. They’re going to need to go through a roster rebuild at some point. I’d bet that’s where Harbaugh ends up. The point stands that we are a very attractive destination for a HC. I don’t see how thats worth arguing. 

You want to say we would be an attractive spot? Fine, but you also have to own that you better win right now or you are done too. You cont turn around and say you'll have time to figure out the QB spot, because we arent giving that to the current regime in your scenario.

You can win without a Top 10 QB, you just have to be good at building a roster. But the fact that one of these openings have that spot figured out, and locked up going forward, puts them way ahead of us. Does our draft capital and Cap space help close that? Sure, but those are both hypothetical, Justin Herbert is a real tangible asset.

So if we are comparing to Carolina? Then yes were way out ahead of them, but not to the Chargers

Edited by StLunatic88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You want to say we would be an attractive spot? Fine, but you also have to own that you better win right now or you are done too. You cont turn around and say you'll have time to figure out the QB spot, because we arent giving that to the current regime in your scenario.

You can win without a Top 10 QB, you just have to be good at building a roster. But the fact that one of these openings have that spot figured out, and locked up going forward, puts them way ahead of us. Does our draft capital and Cap space help close that? Sure, but those are both hypothetical, Justin Herbert is a real tangible asset.

So if we are comparing to Carolina? Then yes were way out ahead of them, but not to the Chargers

Ok sure Chargers>>>Bears

My original post wasn’t meant to spark that debate. Simply stating we have a lot to offer but we’re gonna stick with Flus. John Fox era all over again. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

This just isnt reality, but keep trying to spin this.

I say if Bears were a good, not even great, offensive team in 2023 Getsy is a hot candidate for HC this year.

What is good.  As good as GB and Love say.  Which isn't even great.  He would receive so much good press and so much adulation from Bears fans it would be sick.

You say that is not reality.  I say it is.   There is no way to prove it because it didn't happen.   To spin it as a ridiculous notion is not realistic.

People who turn around offenses or improve young QBs are often hot HC candidates.  LaFluer was such a guy as just one example.  

If you want to say lack of success wasn't Fields fault and/or Getsy's fault because of roster or injuries to roster that is a different conversation.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You want to say we would be an attractive spot? Fine, but you also have to own that you better win right now or you are done too. You cont turn around and say you'll have time to figure out the QB spot, because we arent giving that to the current regime in your scenario.

You can win without a Top 10 QB, you just have to be good at building a roster. But the fact that one of these openings have that spot figured out, and locked up going forward, puts them way ahead of us. Does our draft capital and Cap space help close that? Sure, but those are both hypothetical, Justin Herbert is a real tangible asset.

So if we are comparing to Carolina? Then yes were way out ahead of them, but not to the Chargers

So you and I have agreed prior that this was at least a 3 year turnaround with Poles having to completely gut the roster. So lets say you're in Warren's shoes. Where would you draw the line?

Because after 2 years there's no real answers being given for Fields. Is he a guy who is a 13-20 QB or just the most exciting back up in league history? (exaggeration but making a point). If anything there seems to be more concerns about Fields now than last year because there was a blueprint that worked with significantly less talent in 2022, but the Bears added a true #1 and several pieces on the OL to go from 19.2ppg to 21.2ppg.

So what recourse would you want for them to "figure out the QB spot?" Would you let Poles draft a guy with 1.1 if he wants to? Or are you

Two offseasons in you've admitted they are a bottom 10 roster. Still Poles has gutted it and has added numerous young talents that need time to develop. I'd say Dexter is well ahead of where I expected him to be, Stevenson has played well, etc.

Are you already set on giving Eberflus 4 years? Or would 2024 be his make-or-break year? Would Poles get to hire a second HC if you feel the team underperforms its talent level this season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...