Week 15: Bengals (5-8) at VIKINGS (10-3)

swede700

Vikes_Bolts . . . I don't know if you're trying to be funny, or if you're truly that pessimistic.  In any event, going 0-4 in the last quarter of the season, is that really realistic?  After 12 games, I'd give the Vikes an A . . . and I'm hopeful to see them host to see the SuperBowl.  I'd say going 2-2, while losing at Carolina and Green Bay are realistic.  I don't see them losing to a banged up Bengals team, much less a Bears team that's positioned for a top-5 draft pick.

The dreams of the Vikes winning the Super Bowl are not new and raw for me.  I saw three others a while back on a 13" black and white TV.  

So, before I go all Gran Tarino on ya . . . help me understand where you're coming from?  All I can hope is you truly are a real Vikes fan.  

I just realized this this last week. The Vikings have the most passing touchdowns in a season since 2009 and the first time going over 20 touchdowns passing since then. Nothing really to brag about...

2009 - 34

2010 - 14

2011 - 20

2012- 18

2013 - 18

2014 - 17

2015 - 14 

2016 - 20

30 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s nice finally having an offense that uses the quarterback as the focal point of the offense, instead of just a supporting piece. 

It's also nice actually having a QB who is rising to the occasion. Ponder, Jackson, etc probably would have flopped under Shurmur too.

Coach Mike Zimmer said Wednesday he hopes to have his entire starting line back for Sunday’s game at U.S. Bank Stadium. If he does, it would be the first time since a 20-17 victory at Chicago on Oct. 9. That includes right tackle Mike Remmers, who has missed five straight games because of a concussion, and later a back issue, and rookie center Pat Elflein, who last week missed his first game as an NFL player because of a shoulder injury.

Zimmer: “I feel pretty good, I think we’re going to get all of them back this week.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/13/vikings-might-be-getting-the-offensive-line-back-together/

40 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Jackson, maybe, but Ponder would have had a chance under an OC like Shurmur 

Agreed.  Jackson was far too inaccurate of a passer (even within 10 yds) to have ever had success under Shurmur.  Ponder would have at least had a chance, but he probably wouldn't have cared enough.  

Archived