Kyle Pitts vs Brock Bowers as prospects

Dalan162

Better prospect : Kyle Pitts or Brock Bowers?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Better prospect coming out of college, Kyle Pitts or Brock Bowers ?

• Kyle Pitts
    • Brock Bowers

I’m arguying with a friend that Kyle Pitts was more hyped and a bigger prospect entering the draft than Brock Bowers. 

The debate is not whose skillset would translate better in the pros or who will end better at the end of their respective careers. Just who was the most highly touted prospect between the two ?

Edited by Dalan162

14 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

If both were in the same class I'd lean towards Bowers cuz he can block and actually run routes.  

That's kind of where I am.  Bowers gives you the prototype tight end, and a blue chip version of it.  Pitts was the whole "he'll break the mold" pure receiving TE prospect.  Both would go early, but in the same class, I would trust 9 of 10 GMs to take something they're familiar with over something new and different.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That's kind of where I am.  Bowers gives you the prototype tight end, and a blue chip version of it.  Pitts was the whole "he'll break the mold" pure receiving TE prospect.  Both would go early, but in the same class, I would trust 9 of 10 GMs to take something they're familiar with over something new and different.

Id I had to give a comp for Pitts id lean towards Evan engram. 

He's a guy who would be better doing those short catches and create after the catch

I think Pitts was more hyped.  Could be from the time missed this year and then being on loaded squads, but Pitts was hyped more for as kind of a one man show, and then fitting more with the size prototype.  He was the HWS and coordination mold shattering anomaly.  Pitts and Winslow II are the most hyped TE prospects of my time following the draft.  Bowers would be in that next group with Vernon Davis.  Jeremy Shockey was pretty hyped, in name, but didn't seem to be viewed quite like those other 4.    

Edited by OkeyDoke21