MNF: Baltimore Ravens @ San Francisco 49ers

Manny/Patrick

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I might be wrong on this and Im sure somebody will tell me Im an idiot, but I think that's because the Ravens defense plays slower laterally and that is exactly what McVay/Stefanski dial up in that style of offense. Stretch plays in the run game, misdirection and play action crossers. The Ravens Defense is very good 1 on 1 and when they play downhill, but I think the key to cracking their defense is to get them moving side to side and not play them head up.

They are the largest DB group in the league which usually comes a price of lateral agility and turning hips

I think the Ravens have been uncharacteristically poor at setting the edge at times this year. Roquan and Queen can definitely move sideline to sideline well. 

Missing AA is going to hurt. By far the best run defender on the line. Sounds like he's dealing with possible plantar fasciitis again, which if that's the case....niners will need to get used to not having him in the lineup. 

So the path of victory is clear as day for the Ravens. Just control the clock with the run game and they should be able to run the ball very well with Armstead out, and then just play solid defense in the early going to get a lead. After that, the Ravens should be able to play their game and control the clock. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So the path of victory is clear as day for the Ravens. Just control the clock with the run game and they should be able to run the ball very well with Armstead out, and then just play solid defense in the early going to get a lead. After that, the Ravens should be able to play their game and control the clock. 

Yeah, their goal in this one is to give the niners no more than 7 real, total possessions 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, their goal in this one is to give the niners no more than 7 real, total possessions 

Ravens run game can be shut down with scheme. The Ravens are not an "imposing their will" kind of an rushing offense. If the 49ers want to make Lamar beat them by throwing, they should be able to do it. Ravens RBs are below average.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Ravens get a lead early on and just dictate the terms of the game damn near every week. The Niners defense is reeling a bit right now with injuries and others like Greenlaw playing not close to 100% so I can definitely see this being pretty much the same type of game the Ravens play every week. The Niners will score of course but they could be playing from behind all game long and may just run out of time. 

29 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Ravens run game can be shut down with scheme. The Ravens are not an "imposing their will" kind of an rushing offense. If the 49ers want to make Lamar beat them by throwing, they should be able to do it. Ravens RBs are below average.

You are going to be surprised how bad this defense's tackling can be and the holes in the interior. Edwards is capable of doing damage for sure.

This needs to be a big game from Chase Young. Needs to be disruptive and good in the run game.