MNF: Baltimore Ravens @ San Francisco 49ers

Manny/Patrick

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Speaking of Mahomes, I'm guessing his overall "when trailing the 4th" has taken a massive hit this year. I remember he was like 3-6 in a limited sample size at the start of the season, or a bit after. 

I'm not sure what the updated numbers were, but he had this absurd stat where he was like 13-9 when trailing by multiple scores in a game. This was after his game against the 9ers last year, I believe.

So you get a lead on Kyle and Kyle’s brain just explodes. Guy is bad bad.. But I think that stat is skewed into many Losses for coaches and players. Still though.. 

When his team is trailing by 3+ points entering the 4th, he is an abysmal 1-31 and it gets worse. If the team is trailing by 8+ points, the record is 0-37. 

Only Panthers have longer streak at 45 straight

Kinda weird seeing Shanny teams struggle against 3/4 AFC North teams. He needs to get back to his teams being physical.

They’re very entertaining and fun to watch with all of their exotic looks. However, it feels like they’ve lost the toughness element of what they used to be.

6 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

So you get a lead on Kyle and Kyle’s brain just explodes. Guy is bad bad.. But I think that stat is skewed into many Losses for coaches and players. Still though.. 

When his team is trailing by 3+ points entering the 4th, he is an abysmal 1-31 and it gets worse. If the team is trailing by 8+ points, the record is 0-37. 

Is it possible Kyle is slightly overrated? 

I think he’s top 10ish but people talk about him like Johnny Manziel could be MVP in his system and it just doesn’t make sense. 

the guy is good, but he’s a human like everyone else. 

12 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

14 of those 277 losses (51%) were games started by Hoyer, Beathard, and Mullens (denoted as "Scrubs" for this exercise).

2017: 6 losses (Scrubs: 6)

2018: 7 losses (Jimmy: 2 Scrubs: 5)

2019: 1 loss (Jimmy: 1)

2020: 5 losses (Jimmy: 2; Scrubs: 3)

2021: 3 losses (Jimmy: 3)

2022: 3 losses (Jimmy: 2; Purdy: 1)

2023: 2 loss (Purdy: 2)

Kyle Shanahan is definitely not without flaws...but I'm a little hesitant to completely eat his lunch on this stat, especially considering that half of those losses happened with practice-squad-level QBs.

Any team, even a good team trailing by even just 3 points heading into the 4th quarter, given a big sample size, the winning percentage is going to be absurdly low to the point of not squabbling about it. Down max 1 possession at -8 is basically impossible enough to impress. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure what the updated numbers were, but he had this absurd stat where he was like 13-9 when trailing by multiple scores in a game. This was after his game against the 9ers last year, I believe.

He was 15-11 in his career as of the start of the month when trailing by 10+. So should be 15-14 now, I believe.

Still kind of absurd. Just not as absurd. Next best was like a .455 win ratio. So he can still stomach like 3 losses and maintain 1st place. This year has definitely ruined a lot of his fun stats, though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

That is Legit,  hilarious!

Edited by Nabbs4u

35 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Wouldn't it be better to just mow down opponents and win the game from the start??? I think Montana has 1 playoff win trailing in the 4th in the playoffs, which came when he was 33 already. Prior to that he was 0/4. One game he got knocked out, the other benched. 

that would be ideal but not always the way it works out. Playoffs can be strange, slow starts, TO's and then just good teams/defence.  It seems like the days of dominant teams controlling games from start to finish in clinical fashion are rare and near extinct especially with these new QB contracts  taking effect on most teams. 

maybe they don't make em the way they used to, cued up for a nice stat line :