MNF: Baltimore Ravens @ San Francisco 49ers

Manny/Patrick

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I'm terrible at picking these Niner games.

Ravens are clearly the best team....I know Smith has been amazing and Hamilton is breaking out. What else is going right for this team? Looking at their roster, I don't feel like they should be here so I'm clearly missing something (and admittedly haven't watched many games)

Lamar Jackson is 57-19 as a starter. In 2021 and 2022 the Ravens were 8-3 and the 1 seed in the AFC when he got injured. If he stays healthy, the Ravens are really really hard to beat. The guy just wins football games 

On defense Roquan Smith, Justin Madubuike and Kyle Hamilton are having all pro seasons. Clowney is playing really well (lol @ Browns and Titans fans). Brandon Stephens and Humphrey are playing well outside of a game or two from Humphrey. Patrick Queen has played like a pro bowler since Roquan got here. Mike Macdonald is probably the best DC in the league.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RabidPanther89 said:

All those talking heads talking all that **** when Cam was right all along 

No he wasn’t. Cam is an embarrassment.

calling out “game managers” like a) that’s a bad thing, b) like that’s all they do (it’s not) and c) like he could even manage a quarter now. 

cam is a clown.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

calling out “game managers” like a) that’s a bad thing, b) like that’s all they do (it’s not) and c) like he could even manage a quarter now. 

cam is a clown.

tell me you didn't watch Cam's video without telling me you didn't watch Cam's video.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

cam is a clown.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

tell me you didn't watch Cam's video without telling me you didn't watch Cam's video.

Exactly. Dude legit said it wasn’t a bad thing, he named Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees as being elite game managers.

He even said he himself wasn’t a good game manager outside of maybe a season or two.

Like all these terrible takes from people who didn’t watch the video but just hate Cam as a person and thus feel the need to attack his opinion through him. SMH.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Exactly. Dude legit said it wasn’t a bad thing, he named Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees as being elite game managers.

He even said he himself wasn’t a good game manager outside of maybe a season or two.

Like all these terrible takes from people who didn’t watch the video but just hate Cam as a person and thus feel the need to attack his opinion through him. SMH.

Those are also terrible takes. Cam; "It's not a bad thing, I'm just a better QB than than Tom Brady was"

You don't have to hate someone as a person to accurately judge their words.

Perhaps Cam doesn't actually know what a "game manager" is, and that would lend him some credit.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

The problem is that if you're using "game manager" as a pejorative, which is often the case, then you're not watching Brock Purdy play to call him that. Game manager typically suggests that they take no risks, don't put the game on their arm, are only asked not to lose the game, etc. It's also almost always associated with slightly more physically limited and non athletic QBs as well which is weird. 

That's just not Purdy at all. Purdy is a chaos merchant system QB. He's a higher functioning Ryan Fitzpatrick right now. I never would have called Fitzy a game manager either (at least not in the contemptuous way). 

All QBs "manage the game" so if you're calling him that from that perspective, IE outside of the insulting connotation, you're not really saying anything at all. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Those are also terrible takes. Cam; "It's not a bad thing, I'm just a better QB than than Tom Brady was"

You don't have to hate someone as a person to accurately judge their words.

Perhaps Cam doesn't actually know what a "game manager" is, and that would lend him some credit.

Sounds like cam is trying to say people who don’t use their feet  are game managers.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

If it's not meant to be a bad thing, then why did Cam tweet the emoji last night? Purdy's performance was just bad, not necessarily characteristic of a game manager.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:
29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

NGL - I was going off of responses from Social Media on this and had the same reaction as others, and thought Cam was putting those QBs down.

Ill have to listen to the whole interview now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Call it pure homerism, but Baltimore fans know deep in there hearts what’s coming….

02Joe_Flacco.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=da18b1bb

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We joke, but I am actually 100% terrified of this happening.

I would go into full mental breakdown, but yet happy for Flacco. Let's throw this in the trashcan though.

• Like 2