Week 15 - Rams at Seahawks

RamRod

Normally, I wouldn't post the gameday thread until Tuesday or Wednesday but I'm ready to put this Eagles game behind us and start looking forward to the Seahawks game. The NFC West crown is all on the line here so let's go to their place and take it away from them. Russell Wilson has been playing at a really high level so we'll need to exploit their porous offensive line and get some pressure on him. I think we'll be fine defending their run but without Kayvon Webster covering Baldwin, Richardson, Lockett, etc could be a tougher challenge. Trumaine is in the concussion protocol so hopefully he'll be ready, if not we're in trouble. Seeing Troy Hill and/or Kevin Peterson on the field makes me nervous. 

Offensively I feel good. Sounds like we'll be getting Robert Woods back for this game. I just hope McVay can get Gurley more involved. There's no reason he shouldn't be getting more carries. He had 136 yards on only 16 touches against the Eagles. He's one of the best backs in the league. McVay likes to get way too pass happy and it backfired here. 

Our game day threads don't really get going until the actual day of games so let's hear some predictions or some of your guy's keys to the game or just overall thoughts.

@jrry32 @El ramster @NVRamsFan @RamPackFan @BStanRamFan @Flounch @stl4life07 @BEASToftheEAST4 @Car_Ramrod @JonStark @LARams91 @I <3 Faulk @StLunatic88 @holt_bruce81 @Non-Issue @DistantRam @bertuzzi

And sorry if I missed anybody.

And, @showtime you're welcome too, that is if you don't mind coming into the lion's (well Rams) den.

For all the progress we’ve made this year, and it has been truly astonishing how far we’ve come from Fisherball,  it still has to be borne in mind that we are a young, inexperienced squad with a young, inexperienced head coach.

McVay arguably cost us the game yesterday but he will- hopefully- learn from it and continue to use Gurley to set up the passing game. 

Seattle will be no pushovers at home but we are currently the better team and this is our chance to really ram home (pun completely intended) that we are a team to be taken seriously once again. 

I wouldn’t be surprised were we to lose- Seattle are still a very good team- but I would be extremely disappointed. 

This is a must win game. If we win this, we can feel comfortable about locking up the division and a playoff birth. It troubles me that we've lost to Minn, Philly, and Seattle so getting one against Seattle to split the series will be extremely telling to me. We play better on the road anyway considering even when we're home it's an away atmosphere. This plays a huge role in seeding too. If we win, i would imagine we get the #3 seed and have to play GB/ATL/Caroline in the 6th. If we lose and end up with a wild card, we would have to most likely go to SEA or NOLA.

We'll wait to hear the news on Sheldon Richardson and Michael Bennett.  If either one of them are suspended (or both) those are obviously huge losses and a stupid self inflicted wound.  The Rams should win this game because they have the better all-around team.  The thing about the Seahawks is they have a lot of heart and Russell Wilson can never be counted out, so they have a shot to win this one.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

If the Rams win this game and the season series is tied 1-1 and both teams finish with the same record to end the season, who has the tie breaker?

I think SOS or wins within the conference? I'm not positive, but all 4 of our losses were against NFC teams so that wouldn't be good.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

If the Rams win this game and the season series is tied 1-1 and both teams finish with the same record to end the season, who has the tie breaker?

It then goes division record; record in common games; record in conference games. 

Love getting the game thread up early. Get that bad taste out of our mouths (and living outside of Philly, I NEED to move on). This is a statement game for Mcvay. Yes, he has been amazing and we have far exceeded expectations so far, but he made a huge mistake on Sunday and this is a must win in every sense of the word. Let's get it boys!

This game isn’t a must win. Must win means the Rams are desperate and HAS to win. It’s a big game but not a must win. The Rams actually could lose and still win the division just because I think the Rams will beat Tennessee and SF. I think the Seahawks lose to Dallas with Zeke coming back. Thus the Rams still win the division by one game. The core group of the Rams have beaten the Seahawks before so it’s not a psychological thing. As I can recall the Rams swept the Seahawks a few years ago and the Seahawks still won the division. So even if the Seahawks sweep the Rams, the Rams still can/will win the division.

With all that being said, again I love how the Rams respond after a loss. They beat the Niners on a short week travel on the road after losing to the Redskins. They beat the Jaguars on the road after losing to Seattle. They beat the Saints after losing to the Vikings. All those situations were not ideal for the Rams but they responded and won. I think they do the same to a reeling Seahawks team. 

Gotta be honest with the state of officiating and with the NFL being completely dishonest in it's discipline. With the fact the union is just as much to blame for all this for agreeing to all of it during the last CBA negotiation. With how much it costs to be a fan of this game and how they treat us fans. I'm really losing my interest in this league. I've loved this game for a long time, being a Rams fan for 38 years now. And I've never been so disgusted with anything in my life as the current state of the NFL. The fact that none of those scumbag Seahawks are going to get suspended for the crap they pulled at the end of the game yesterday just might push me away from this game. I really want to get excited for this game but I just can't bring myself to that level at the moment.

Archived