GDT: Folesylvania Eagles (11-2) @ New York Geno Smith's (2-11)

Blahstoise

26 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

I'm trying to be optimistic, but I just don't know if Nick Foles is even a suitable game manager.  He looked like a scared deer in the pocket against the Rams and he still doesn't seem to be smart enough to throw the ball away and live for another down. He's the kind of QB that will take a sack that takes you out of field goal range or worse, throw it to anyone on the field, including your OT when in the clutches of death.  I'm trying to convince myself that Doug will run a balanced offense to help mitigate that, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Foles throw it 40 times against the Giants.

Me neither. This will be Doug Pedersons defining moment to me as a HC. Does he adapt his play calling to "Fit" his Offense. His QB? His personnel now that Wentz isn't playing at a MVP Level.

If he doesn't take a page out of the Dallas playbook and treat Foles like Dak Prescott 2016, he's an idiot! A Moron! There is no excuse given our Dominate OL, Dominate Rush attack, 3 headed monster and opportunistic Defense to ever ask Nick Foles to throw it 40+ times moving forward. Make him a game manager, pound the Rock, utilize play action and keep your defense off the field with T.O.P. Keep opposing Offenses off the field.

If he asks Foles to be Wentz, throw constantly abandon the Run, he's nothing more to me then Andy 2.0 and we're never going anywhere in the future regardless.

Wentz IMO has covered up his horrific play calling all season long by Converting the most 3rd and Long in the NFL. Constantly changing plays at the LOS. Creating something out of nothing. Being Perfect inside the RZ Outside of last week's Fumble vs Seattle. These are tangibles that Nick will have a hard time duplicating if put in the same scenarios.

Impose your will as a Team by Pounding Teams into submission, play complimentary Defense/ST and ask your QB to Manage the game, not carry the team on his back!

I want Nick to punch the Giants in the mouth. Not literally, but with five touchdowns.
We have a lot to play for still fellas. Let's keep this going. We have almost a month to prepare Nick for the playoff game. These are great exhibition games to tune him up.

I know it's rough boys, we're all feeling for Carson right now, the guy was the heart and soul of the team. However, we need to rally around Nicky Benjamins. The whole team is going too. We're still in a great position to lock up the #1 seed. As Phire said hopefully these next few games will act as a tune up for Foles. We just need him to take care of the football and keep opposing defenses honest.

Such a crushing blow losing Wentz. But I'm not giving up yet. This team has overcame so much, there's no point being negative and throwing in the towel now. Lets get it this Sunday.

45 minutes ago, Phire said:

I want Nick to punch the Giants in the mouth. Not literally, but with five touchdowns.
We have a lot to play for still fellas. Let's keep this going. We have almost a month to prepare Nick for the playoff game. These are great exhibition games to tune him up.

1st round bye on the line = Nicky Franchise 

Archived