GDT: Folesylvania Eagles (11-2) @ New York Geno Smith's (2-11)

Blahstoise

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I have not lost all faith in this defense, but things look pretty grim from where I'm at. We don't have elite talent, which is why we are all fawning over Schwartz prior to this road stretch where our D looked great for the past 6-7 games, so whether they'll just be an average defense or a very good one really comes down to how prepared they are, how well they execute, and the plays called, and that mostly comes down to Schwartz and the rest of the defensive staff IMO

The easy answer from the first 7 and last 7 is simple. Jordan Hicks! 

He's the difference maker in the Middle "We Don't have". Basically our version of Sean Lee. When on the field he covers up mistakes, tackles everything, and straight up makes plays. When he's not, their exposed!

To compound that they Forced Darby back into a Starting role where TBH, he wasn't needed. Not with the way Douglas, Robinson and Mills we're playing. That too is another adjustment. A 2nd Starter being replaced!

Penalties penalties, penalties!!! It's gotten absurd the last two months of the season. To the point it should of costed the Eagles 2 more losses but didn't. You can't keep extending drives on key 3rd downs. That will kill you, gas your defense. 

Finally Schwartz. He looks lost. Makes absolutely no adjustments in game. Is the Defensive version of Chip Kelly. Yes I said it. This is My Defense, everyone should plug and play, Go make it work!! Yes we're telegraphing to Offenses exactly what we're doing, but go get it done!

Hope to God they figure it out the next two weeks because all of the above, won't win us a game in the Playoffs!

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

It's one thing to struggle but to give up over 500 yards to the 31st ranked offense and to make Tavarres King look like OBJ is inexcusable 

Some reporters suggested it was a lack of effort from the defense yesterday. That is inexcusable in a game with so much on the line. 

Also, as I mentioned in the Dougie P thread, Schwartz failed to make adjustments. The middle of the field was constantly wide open for slants and deep ins. No press man at all, when we know Eli is taking 3 or less steps on every single drop. Biting on the double move instead of staying disciplined. Bad day overall. 

3 minutes ago, 808 said:

Some reporters suggested it was a lack of effort from the defense yesterday. That is inexcusable in a game with so much on the line. 

Also, as I mentioned in the Dougie P thread, Schwartz failed to make adjustments. The middle of the field was constantly wide open for slants and deep ins. No press man at all, when we know Eli is taking 3 or less steps on every single drop. Biting on the double move instead of staying disciplined. Bad day overall. 

Nothing to do now but to put the game behind us and hope it gets better against the Raiders. 

39 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It's one thing to struggle but to give up over 500 yards to the 31st ranked offense and to make Tavarres King look like OBJ is inexcusable 

That's what we do, though, we make random Giants look like Hall of Famers. That's tradition at this point.

9 minutes ago, Phire said:

That's what we do, though, we make random Giants look like Hall of Famers. That's tradition at this point.

So my wife got a random text during the Eagles/Giants game from a number that she didn't recognize asking if this was still her number.

She says "Yes"

The next text is "Eagles suck"

It was from her coworker from 10 years ago who is a huge Giants fan that we used to trash talk text back and forth during Eagles/Giants games. We haven't talked to this guy in years.....

This is why I hate the Giants. haha 

But this is also why I hated this game so much, even though they won I have to listen to all my Giants fans friends trash the Eagles because their team sucks so bad that there is no way they should have made it take close. 

Now that I think about it, I'm really not that shocked that our defense is starting to show some vulnerabilities. It's not like we never fathomed our secondary would look bad. In the offseason we literally agreed with PFF calling our d-backs the worst in the league. I thought everyone basically understood that certain guys on our defense was playing above themselves. Honestly, their play for most of the year is more shocking than them looking bad again. 

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm guessing He's Still trying to find pics that don't involve the Mamba, California or the # 808 in it. Can't afford any more Injured Players. Give him time!! ?

Got a Qb named Nick and a game on christmas this one is easy mode. Just make it st. nick themed. 

Archived