QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh not my first choice and not saying I agree with the move but I’ll understand if it happens 

Probably feel the same. And equally, not my first choice to trade up for or QB to take at the cost it would take - but it would give me some confidence if Telesco went all in on him, given his naturally conservative disposition.

And like I’ve said all off season - what if the QB you choose if you do select one early does reach his potential and he is a franchise QB. I have massive doubts with Daniels  - but you just don’t know and I feel quite ready for a gamble one way or another…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Tom Brady said he’s opening to returning to the NFL . Named 49ers, Patriots and Raiders

Now that Josh McDaniels has left 🧐

Thats not a ringing endorsement!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Now that Josh McDaniels has left 🧐

Thats not a ringing endorsement!

Bro.  Really though.  Retired.  Now he is open to returning and named the Raiders as an option.  He literally could've signed with us this past season and chose to retire instead.  

That is hilarious.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Brady

AOC

Minshew

Who do you want starting next season?

Brady.  

It goes Brady (HUUUUGE DROPOFF), then AOC and Minshew slap-fighting like sissy girls to be the backup.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Brady.  

It goes Brady (HUUUUGE DROPOFF), then AOC and Minshew slap-fighting like sissy girls to be the backup.

We are most certainly need to draft the best OL if we sign Brady

5 hours ago, reddevil said:

Probably feel the same. And equally, not my first choice to trade up for or QB to take at the cost it would take - but it would give me some confidence if Telesco went all in on him, given his naturally conservative disposition.

And like I’ve said all off season - what if the QB you choose if you do select one early does reach his potential and he is a franchise QB. I have massive doubts with Daniels  - but you just don’t know and I feel quite ready for a gamble one way or another…

Plus over the years we’ve fumbled so many firsts might as well try getting a qb. If he turns out like stroud eureka. I’ve poked holes in all these rookie qbs everyone of them has flaws. Daniels imo has the upper hand in the chemistry department over the other qb prospects. 

• Like 3

On 3/29/2024 at 11:48 AM, Jerry said:

Is Penix back in the conversation at 13?  His numbers are really good.  Maybe trade down for more picks and get him in the 20-32 range.

I really hope not. That would be another classic case of overdrafting based on the position he plays. 

• Like 1

My preferences this year per round:

13 - RT/RG (Fuaga, Fashanu, Latham, Fautanu)

44 (trade up if necessary) - QB (Nix, Penix)

77 - CB (Carson, Melton, Tampa, Abrams-Draine, Eli Jones, Sainristil, DJ James, Lassiter)

112/145 - RB/WR (Benson, Lloyd, Wright, Tracy, Corum, Davis, Polk, McMillan, McCaffrey, Rice, Wilson, Johnson)

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, RaidersForever said:

No thanks -- don't mind him as a partial owner/advisor to Mark, but he's done as a QB.

I think Brady can still play at a high (by NFL standards at least) level. 

My concern with Brady would be what happens when we're not getting high level Brady level of play. We're not that close on offense yet by any stretch of the imagination. 

Getsy is a huge ?. 

We may or may not have a starting caliber RB. 

We have Adams and Meyers but after that our WR depth is abysmal aside from Tucker's potential. 

Our OL is still sort of a work in progress. 

Mayer may or may not be a stud TE. 

10 years ago, Brady probably takes that group to a Superbowl. Now? He might make them look good, but they're not going to prop Brady up much. 

And....to whose detriment? Brady ain't playing multiple more years. If he's making scrubs look good, you risk keeping scrubs and being stuck with a rebuild again, likely with surprise holes. 

Let Brady go play somewhere he can definitely compete right now. That ship, for the Raiders, has sailed as far as I'm concerned. I'm more invested in where we'll be in 25/26 than right now, myself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

My preferences this year per round:

13 - RT/RG (Fuaga, Fashanu, Latham, Fautanu)

44 (trade up if necessary) - QB (Nix, Penix)

77 - CB (Carson, Melton, Tampa, Abrams-Draine, Eli Jones, Sainristil, DJ James, Lassiter)

112/145 - RB/WR (Benson, Lloyd, Wright, Tracy, Corum, Davis, Polk, McMillan, McCaffrey, Rice, Wilson, Johnson)

I do this exact position sequence a lot with mock drafts. 

I like the depth at CB and how the skill positions line up later too.

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think Brady can still play at a high (by NFL standards at least) level. 

My concern with Brady would be what happens when we're not getting high level Brady level of play. We're not that close on offense yet by any stretch of the imagination. 

Getsy is a huge ?. 

We may or may not have a starting caliber RB. 

We have Adams and Meyers but after that our WR depth is abysmal aside from Tucker's potential. 

Our OL is still sort of a work in progress. 

Mayer may or may not be a stud TE. 

10 years ago, Brady probably takes that group to a Superbowl. Now? He might make them look good, but they're not going to prop Brady up much. 

And....to whose detriment? Brady ain't playing multiple more years. If he's making scrubs look good, you risk keeping scrubs and being stuck with a rebuild again, likely with surprise holes. 

Let Brady go play somewhere he can definitely compete right now. That ship, for the Raiders, has sailed as far as I'm concerned. I'm more invested in where we'll be in 25/26 than right now, myself. 

I mean we know Adams and Meyers aren't scrubs. Mayer looked like he's on the rise as QB play got a little better and Tucker made plays down the stretch. If they looked good with Brady I would say it's more of having a solid QB than just Brady elevating them.

As of rn my preferences this year per round (in order)

13 - CB/RT: Mitchell, Alt, Fuaga, , Fautanu, Arnold

44 - QB/OL/Def: Penix, Barton, Kingsley, Morgan, Fiske, Wilson

77 - DB/: LB: Sainristil, Melton, Colson, Trotter N

Jr, Jacobs  

112/145 - Skill/OL:  (Stover, Lloyd, Wright, Rice, Polk, McMillan, Corley, Javon Foster, Zak Zinter, Javion Cohen

• Like 3