QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

27 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Chase Daniel is likely helping some front office friends in Chicago with this post tbh… or was paid a hefty sum by Chicago’s FO. 

This is why I tell people, open your eyes. Everyone is bought and paid for. I’ve been saying for years Brett Kollman is paid $$$ by agents of prospects. I remember watching his Teven Jenkins video and being like “this dude is trash…, who cares if he’s mean/aggressive” lmao. 

Trust yourself and yourself only. 

Teven Jenkins is good, actually.

17 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Teven Jenkins is good, actually.

Because they moved him to guard, he never had the arm length to play Tackle. Kollman was trying to sell him as a Top 15 pick and Tackle. 

Also he’s a good guard, not great. 

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think going from #13 to #1 would probably be something like #13/#45/2025 1st/2025 2nd/2026 1st

I think it’ll be more because other teams closer to 1st would make that trade too. I can see the Bears wanting a proven player too! 

2 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I think it’ll be more because other teams closer to 1st would make that trade too. I can see the Bears wanting a proven player too! 

It's pretty rare to see a team give up 2-3 FRPs to trade up.

• Like 1

If we trade 5 picks for the #1 pick we got fleeced. I would bet we are most likely going to suck for years. Like the Panthers. We are better off taking whoever falls to us and continuing to build the roster with the rest of our picks and some free agents.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If we trade 5 picks for the #1 pick we got fleeced. I would bet we are most likely going to suck for years. Like the Panthers. We are better off taking whoever falls to us and continuing to build the roster with the rest of our picks and some free agents.

Yeah exactly. There is no guarantee that trading that many picks for a QB turns your franchise into a Super Bowl winner.
I think a more calculated risk is the better approach.

• Like 2

https://www.raidersbeat.com/raiders-insider-hints-at-what-players-think-of-aidan-oconnell-off-the-record/

“I know this. Off the record, I’ve not heard one player say, ‘We’ve got to get another quarterback,'” Carpenter said on the Las Vegas Raiders Insider podcast. 

“I’ve talked to a lot [of players]. [They] think he could be special. He’s got a cannon of an arm. I think you get him with somebody who can develop him, you give him an OTA, mini-camp, training camp, with a new scheme. I still go get [another] quarterback and let them compete, but I think this kid has a lot of upside and I am in no way willing to say he’s the next Kenny Stabler, but I’m in no way willing to throw him away… I think he has a lot of potential.”

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/raiders-insider-hints-at-what-players-think-of-aidan-oconnell-off-the-record/

“I know this. Off the record, I’ve not heard one player say, ‘We’ve got to get another quarterback,'” Carpenter said on the Las Vegas Raiders Insider podcast. 

“I’ve talked to a lot [of players]. [They] think he could be special. He’s got a cannon of an arm. I think you get him with somebody who can develop him, you give him an OTA, mini-camp, training camp, with a new scheme. I still go get [another] quarterback and let them compete, but I think this kid has a lot of upside and I am in no way willing to say he’s the next Kenny Stabler, but I’m in no way willing to throw him away… I think he has a lot of potential.”

It's true AOC got screwed by JMD by practically being ignored in training camp/practice until Jimmy G got hurt. A full offseason and the chance to actually get developed might do him a world of good -- but make no mistake, he's got a LOT to work on before being a capable starter in the NFL.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Yeah exactly. There is no guarantee that trading that many picks for a QB turns your franchise into a Super Bowl winner.
I think a more calculated risk is the better approach.

100%. 

If we were a few years into a good HC tenure and our roster was one if those true "QB away" rosters, I'd go for it. 

We aren't. We're starting a new HC regime and our roster still needs a lot of work to be competitive week in, week out. 

OL, RB, WR depth, IDL, LB, and CB are all still relatively pressing needs (FA signings pending). 

Our roster isn't the 49ers that could weather a whiff like Lance. That's when you take those risks, not when you're trying to build an annual competitor. 

• Like 1