QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

17 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I can really see New England taking JJ at number three. It’s their kind of player.

The Raiders can trade up for Daniels.

How is he their kind of player. They literally have never had a QB like him before. 

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How is he their kind of player. They literally have never had a QB like him before. 

Big school, national champion, pocket passer, coached by a legend. Didn’t they draft Mac Jones the same year he led Alabama to the national title?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I can really see New England taking JJ at number three. It’s their kind of player.

The Raiders can trade up for Daniels.

Daniels arm doesn’t bother you? Definitely the worst arm of the Top 5 Prospects. I go back and forth with the guy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Daniels arm doesn’t bother you? Definitely the worst arm of the Top 5 Prospects. I go back and forth with the guy. 

I think you’re over exaggerating Daniels arm. He had some pretty beautiful deep balls this year. I worry far more about his going through progressions and not having the level of talent he had at LSU with both of those receivers. 

11 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I'm being swayed solely from the fact that if we retain a league top defensive unit, we don't need an all pro QB, we just need a QB that can make plays.  He can handle that, but if you need him to throw 300 yards and command an elite offense in order to win, I don't think he's going to be that guy 11-12 games a season.  It's the only way I see Daniels succeeding in the league. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I think you’re over exaggerating Daniels arm. He had some pretty beautiful deep balls this year. I worry far more about his going through progressions and not having the level of talent he had at LSU with both of those receivers. 

He doesn’t have a rocket but it’s adequate and he has touch

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I'm being swayed solely from the fact that if we retain a league top defensive unit, we don't need an all pro QB, we just need a QB that can make plays.  He can handle that, but if you need him to throw 300 yards and command an elite offense in order to win, I don't think he's going to be that guy 11-12 games a season.  It's the only way I see Daniels succeeding in the league. 

Being super mobile takes a lot of pressure of a QB though as we've seen with guys like Hurts and Lamar.

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Very fair points. Jayden is miles better than what we have, and he definitely has a lot of potential still. 

Daniels throws a very catchable deep ball and is a threat on the run. But, he’s terrible at making throws on the move and extending plays to create throws. He’s very binary, it’s either throw on schedule or run.  Which scares me because if he loses confidence with himself as a thrower and he keeps running, he’ll get destroyed with that frame! 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Being super mobile takes a lot of pressure of a QB though as we've seen with guys like Hurts and Lamar.

Hurts is a below average thrower of the ball and teams have caught on that the run game is mainly inside zone, which of course isn’t great for explosive runs but gives them a RPO with Hurts legs.  But teams aren’t biting on the Play actions stopping there explosive passes downfield. So they’ve ended up with an inability to create explosive plays with either pass or run plays. Any negative plays and the offence is struggling, even with the Tush push.

with the norm being mobile QBs, defences are adjusting and having legs isn’t the only important thing. They have to be able to play within the structure of the offence and provide explosive plays within the structure.