QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

I can see us missing out on Rookie QBs, we are very much last place to pick in terms of QB needy teams. 

with us also needing a OC and an offensive identity going forward, how about Bryan Leftwich as OC and then signing Russell Wilson to a team friendly deal. He’s already getting paid millions by Denver and giving him the chance to get revenge against Payton might be something that gets him over here highly motivated.  Wilson can’t throw over the middle of the field and he hasn’t got the legs to be a rushing threat anymore but he’s still got a fantastic arm and deep ball.  So I think that could be a very good partnership. Allows us to draft a rookie WR in the draft like Rome Oduze or AD Mitchell who are both Big, Fast alpha WRs who will thrive in that scheme too.  Combine that with a good defense and a physical running game. I think we’ll get two good years from Wilson and play off football. 

If Penix falls to the second round you take him to sit behind Wilson who is my Comp. Learn from and clean up his throwing motion to hopefully get him more consistent with his accuracy. If he’s not available, Jordan Travis who will need a year to recover from his injury. Spencer Rattler has got star potential if AP can get his head right with his elite arm talent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I can see us missing out on Rookie QBs, we are very much last place to pick in terms of QB needy teams. 

with us also needing a OC and an offensive identity going forward, how about Bryan Leftwich as OC and then signing Russell Wilson to a team friendly deal. He’s already getting paid millions by Denver and giving him the chance to get revenge against Payton might be something that gets him over here highly motivated.  Wilson can’t throw over the middle of the field and he hasn’t got the legs to be a rushing threat anymore but he’s still got a fantastic arm and deep ball.  So I think that could be a very good partnership. Allows us to draft a rookie WR in the draft like Rome Oduze or AD Mitchell who are both Big, Fast alpha WRs who will thrive in that scheme too.  Combine that with a good defense and a physical running game. I think we’ll get two good years from Wilson and play off football. 

If Penix falls to the second round you take him to sit behind Wilson who is my Comp. Learn from and clean up his throwing motion to hopefully get him more consistent with his accuracy. If he’s not available, Jordan Travis who will need a year to recover from his injury. Spencer Rattler has got star potential if AP can get his head right with his elite arm talent.

Think you answered your own question. Russ's mobility and improvising is what made him great early in his career. Now he's undersize and can't win from the pocket. Not worth the time. 

Byron Leftwhich, you'd have to ask Tom Brady on that one. If he can vouch for him as play caller, sure. But I think he was more product of Brady than actually good. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Hurts is a below average thrower of the ball and teams have caught on that the run game is mainly inside zone, which of course isn’t great for explosive runs but gives them a RPO with Hurts legs.  But teams aren’t biting on the Play actions stopping there explosive passes downfield. So they’ve ended up with an inability to create explosive plays with either pass or run plays. Any negative plays and the offence is struggling, even with the Tush push.

with the norm being mobile QBs, defences are adjusting and having legs isn’t the only important thing. They have to be able to play within the structure of the offence and provide explosive plays within the structure. 

Hurts is an amazing player and his “high’s” were remarkable, but it seems the league has completely caught up to him. He’s not a good passer. 

Lamar doesn’t get enough credit for how good of a passer he is. For all the Lamar, Vick, Hurts, Kaepernick type archetypes, Lamar is by far the best passer, and can sling it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Good post. Wilson/AOC/Rattler would be a solid QB room

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Hurts is an amazing player and his “high’s” were remarkable, but it seems the league has completely caught up to him. He’s not a good passer. 

Lamar doesn’t get enough credit for how good of a passer he is. For all the Lamar, Vick, Hurts, Kaepernick type archetypes, Lamar is by far the best passer, and can sling it. 

The league has adjusted to Hurts and Lawerence some what. Now it is up to them in the offseason to out adjust the NFL. Hurts has been more productive than TL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wonder if Arch transfers now. Or does he stay and wait it out until 2025

I hope he finds somewhere he can start. I’m ready to see another Manning dropping back to pass.

20 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

He’s in a better offense Imo 

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Who….?

Lamar he could throw at Louisville and people wanted him to change positions. Got in the league and they tried to rg3 him. The offense he’s in now is better for him to play qb Imo and he’s healthy for the playoffs finally. I took a lot of flack here defending lamar over the years. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lamar he could throw at Louisville and people wanted him to change positions. Got in the league and they tried to rg3 him. The offense he’s in now is better for him to play qb Imo and he’s healthy for the playoffs finally. I took a lot of flack here defending lamar over the years. 

Ok, but you’re not saying Lamar has a better cast than Hurts right? Hurts has a Top 6 WR in Brown, Top 12 WR in Devonta, Top 7 TE in Goedert, Top 5 OL, Top 15 RB in Swift. 

11 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wonder if Arch transfers now. Or does he stay and wait it out until 2025

He's staying. It's why their primary backup QB, Maalik Murphy entered the portal this year. He's starting at Duke now I think. He knew Manning was staying to take over after Ewers left. I forget when but about a month or so back there were articles about what their plans were for 2024.  

19 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Ok, but you’re not saying Lamar has a better cast than Hurts right? Hurts has a Top 6 WR in Brown, Top 12 WR in Devonta, Top 7 TE in Goedert, Top 5 OL, Top 15 RB in Swift. 

Philly cast more proven than balt but balt has more depth interested to see how they incorporate cook