QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Maye is jj at a different school Imo 

put maye on mich and I think they produce the same 

maye is just the prototype on paper but not so impressive in the games

herbert I just remember his last year not having targets putting the team on his back running in bowl games.

I agree. Different school and a little younger, hence less developed. You're buying low on McCarthy who could easily be seen as the #1 overall pick had he went back to school. 

Maye, very similar final season to Herbert in terms of talent around him and having to put it on his back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I agree. Different school and a little younger, hence less developed. You're buying low on McCarthy who could easily be seen as the #1 overall pick had he went back to school. 

Maye, very similar final season to Herbert in terms of talent around him and having to put it on his back.

Your boy is a bust. deal with it.... Crazy how you wanted DC gone but hyping a game manager 🫠

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I'm just gonna stay the fact that nobody wants to hear: Kingsberry is going to bring the air raid off Offense. That's what Aiden O'Connell played in at Purdue.

Maybe AOC could improve and we draft a stud DT. I would bring a vet like Jameis or Darnold AOC tho. AOC had a better rookie year then Bryce Young with a trash OC. Naturally QBs are better year 2. Our defense would be nasty if we added Newton and Jaylon Johnson via free agency

24 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Maybe AOC could improve and we draft a stud DT. I would bring a vet like Jameis or Darnold AOC tho. AOC had a better rookie year then Bryce Young with a trash OC. Naturally QBs are better year 2. Our defense would be nasty if we added Newton and Jaylon Johnson via free agency

I think a Justin fields could improve in an air raid offense because of how simple it is.

• Like 1

I could understand rolling with AOC. If we move on from Jimmy G we have a cheap QB room for the next 3 years. Build up the rest of the team during those 3 years and if AOC doesn’t work out then we do what we can to get our franchise QB. Having AOC on a rookie contract will help the Raiders sign big name FAs and focus on other important positions in the draft. It isn’t the worst idea. I still think the worst idea is trading 4-5 picks and Crosby for Caleb. I would cry like a hefty woman if that were to happen.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I appreciate it but you should know that I really liked Zach Wilson, Deshone Kizer, Malik Willis, Kellen Mond and other notable busts when they were coming out. This list is subject to change as the draft gets closer and more cutups appear on YouTube, but this is my view as of now of the players I have watched:

1. Caleb Williams

2. Jayden Daniels

3. Drake Maye/Michael Penix

4. Bo Nix

5. Spencer Rattler

6. JJ McCarthy

I would consider myself as someone who likes Nix and doesn't like McCarthy. I obviously disagree that they are basically the same prospect. Generally, they have some similarities (athleticism, arm strength, blonde), but their differences are not subtle. Traits-wise, Nix is shorter and thicker, quicker as an athlete, and has a much shorter and compact release.

On tape, Nix has made a lot more NFL-caliber throws than McCarthy has. Nix has put pretty much every NFL throw on tape just this season alone. He's got deep outs, back-shoulders, deep fades, quick slants, skinny posts, etc. He couldn't put up the numbers he has by only throwing screens. Also, McCarthy's "easy" throws have more to do with scheming of the offense and the threat of the run than him throwing a bunch of screens like Nix does.

I'm also curious as to what my bias would be. I didn't go to Oregon, Auburn, or Michigan.

Qbs are so difficult to predict 

I too liked mond

baker is my fav qb to come out in a while 

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Your boy is a bust. deal with it.... Crazy how you wanted DC gone but hyping a game manager 🫠

Imagine being so emotionally simple you are calling a 20 year old a bust who's never taken a snap in a game. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Imagine being so emotionally simple you are calling a 20 year old a bust who's never taken a snap in a game. 

This....I definitely shook my head and laughed a little. Hasn't even taken an NFL physical yet. But about 5 posts later is propping Winston and Darnold.....2 busts....EA21 definitely loves to catch flack apparently. 👍🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

This....I definitely shook my head and laughed a little. Hasn't even taken an NFL physical yet. But about 5 posts later is propping Winston and Darnold.....2 busts....EA21 definitely loves to catch flack apparently. 👍🤣

He's openly said he doesn't watch college football, just youtube highlights. That's all I need to know. 

I will confess to not being a huge scouting/watching guy. But I do know football and definitely try not to overthink it. I do watch games every Saturday but that's always a mix. For example, I saw one game from gonzo last year, and he made that Woodson light pick, started paying more attention plus his tools and I liked what I saw. Stroud convinced me by playing his absolute best when it ABSOLUTELY  MATTERED MOST. Against a great D. Sometimes it's things like starting 52 straight games in the SEC (Whitworth)....and sometimes I'm just wrong....lmao! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Humble I like you bro.. but you get emotionally attached to players from Fresno State. Or from the Central Valley. You can’t separate your bias and emotions. Carr is a game manager and always has been. Even his 2016 stat-line was a game manager stat-line. Carr can’t throw 30 TDs if his life depended on it. JJ McCarthy is going to be a stud in the NFL. Calling him a game manager when you supported Carr is a Franchise QB is like the most backwards thing ever. 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Humble I like you bro.. but you get emotionally attached to players from Fresno State. Or from the Central Valley. You can’t separate your bias and emotions. Carr is a game manager and always has been. Even his 2016 stat-line was a game manager stat-line. Carr can’t throw 30 TDs if his life depended on it. JJ McCarthy is going to be a stud in the NFL. Calling him a game manager when you supported Carr is a Franchise QB is like the most backwards thing ever. 

I pounded the table for moving on from Carr before most but he did throw 32 TDs in 2015.