QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

Doesn't look like we will be able to get Williams or Maye without trading away our souls. I'd be happy with Daniels or Penix but even they might not make it to us (maybe we can trade up where needed to get one of them). I'd prefer not to sign a FA QB again. Worst case scenario we re-load with AOC at the helm...but not my first (or second) choice.

31 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

Doesn't look like we will be able to get Williams or Maye without trading away our souls. I'd be happy with Daniels or Penix but even they might not make it to us (maybe we can trade up where needed to get one of them). I'd prefer not to sign a FA QB again. Worst case scenario we re-load with AOC at the helm...but not my first (or second) choice.

I feel like Daniels or Penix could be had around the 9th/10th pick.  So if we like one of them enough we may consider doing a slight trade up.  I wonder what the capital would need to be to make it happen.  It's a stingy business when it comes to rookie QBs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Did I just read McCarthy would be considered a top overall pick if he went back? 

Oh boy....

Your Ohio St. bias has not place in the conversation.

He'll be a top 15 pick this year. Not a stretch to say another year development he could be in play for the #1 pick. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Your Ohio St. bias has not place in the conversation.

He'll be a top 15 pick this year. Not a stretch to say another year development he could be in play for the #1 pick. 

There's no bias here lol. I've just watched him play, guy with a JJ profile pick talking about bias 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

There's no bias here lol. I've just watched him play, guy with a JJ profile pick talking about bias 

I have a JJ profile pick, because I've watched him play and been a fan early on. Nothing bias about it. He's a good player who is going to make a lot of stat sheet scouts look foolish for doubting him.

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I have a JJ profile pick, because I've watched him play and been a fan early on. Nothing bias about it. He's a good player who is going to make a lot of stat sheet scouts look foolish for doubting him.

So you draft "good players" top overall? Interesting......

Here's something to look at.... JJ McCarthy w/o Connor Stalions being involved w/ Michigan football:

7 games

4 TDs, 1 INT

170 YPG

It's almost like it's easier to play the position when you know what's happening.....

Dude is Taylor Heineki w/ a better arm. Have fun

29 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

With Harbaugh interviewing with the Falcons and them picking #8, I could see them drafting JJ there and us not even having to worry about him.

I don't know why he'd take that job assuming the Chargers actually want him as a coach. The situation in LA is just so much better other than being in LA

• Like 1

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't know why he'd take that job assuming the Chargers actually want him as a coach. The situation in LA is just so much better other than being in LA

LA has the QB superiority for sure but Atlanta has a lot of nice pieces. The untapped potential of weapons on O is incredible and they had a very respectable D. Truly they could do so well next year with NFL level of coaching and a new QB.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Here's something to look at.... JJ McCarthy w/o Connor Stalions being involved w/ Michigan football:

7 games

4 TDs, 1 INT

170 YPG

It's almost like it's easier to play the position when you know what's happening.....

Dude is Taylor Heineki w/ a better arm. Have fun

No Ohio St. bias at all right?  

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

LA has the QB superiority for sure but Atlanta has a lot of nice pieces. The untapped potential of weapons on O is incredible and they had a very respectable D. Truly they could do so well next year with NFL level of coaching and a new QB.

And they are in the NFC. Get the QB right, you could have them competing right away in that conference. 

Why come monkey with Mahomes twice a year when you can play Baker, Carr and Young. 

31 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

A much easier division, definitely, but I just feel the Chargers are more prone to success at this moment while ATL is going to take some time. I don't feel as if we got the full potential of the Charger either. I think they vastly underperformed.