QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

17 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

A much easier division, definitely, but I just feel the Chargers are more prone to success at this moment while ATL is going to take some time. I don't feel as if we got the full potential of the Charger either. I think they vastly underperformed. 

ATL has the pieces long term.  LAC is about to have to deal with some cap casualties and players getting older.  I believe LAC's WRs are in their 30s now.  ATL has some young pieces at TE and RB (most important pieces for QB growth).

If I were Harbaugh, I would think the ATL position is better, especially if he does want JJ at QB which I think is the case.  Can't draft JJ when you already have Sherbert.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

A much easier division, definitely, but I just feel the Chargers are more prone to success at this moment while ATL is going to take some time. I don't feel as if we got the full potential of the Charger either. I think they vastly underperformed. 

Atlanta looked better with a bum HC and no QB than LA did with a bum HC and supposed top 5 caliber HC though....

LA's cap situation is also absolutely abysmal and would require a total rebuild in a division they're lagging behind in. 

Atlanta isn't, amd they were a game away from possibly winning their division. 

Falcons >>>>>>>> Chargers, Herbert be damned. It's not even close, imo. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

ATL has the pieces long term.  LAC is about to have to deal with some cap casualties and players getting older.  I believe LAC's WRs are in their 30s now.  ATL has some young pieces at TE and RB (most important pieces for QB growth).

If I were Harbaugh, I would think the ATL position is better, especially if he does want JJ at QB which I think is the case.  Can't draft JJ when you already have Sherbert.

From a future perspective, you're absolutely correct and that isn't something I had considered. Wanting JJ as his QB definitely makes sense in ATL as well.

• Like 1

I'm not seeing all the pieces ATL has. They have no blue chip front 7 pieces. 

Defense played well because they played stiffs all year in a weaker conference. 

Bijan and London are nice, and Pitts maybe could be, and they have AJ Terrell. Who is a FA next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, massraider said:

Bijan and London are nice, and Pitts maybe could be, and they have AJ Terrell. Who is a FA next year.

Jessie Bates was arguably the best S in the NFL last year. The also have one of the best right sides to an OL in the league. On top of Bijan probably becoming the best RB in the league in a couple of seasons, Pitts being criminally misused and London having potential too makes for a lot of good pieces to build around.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Jessie Bates was arguably the best S in the NFL last year. The also have one of the best right sides to an OL in the league. On top of Bijan probably becoming the best RB in the league in a couple of seasons, Pitts being criminally misused and London having potential too makes for a lot of good pieces to build around.

I think London is gonna be star, and Bijan will be great. But Pitts has been one of the most inefficient players in the NFL if you look at his advanced analytics. Remember there was no combine that year, all his athletic numbers are extremely exaggerated. 

1 hour ago, massraider said:

Harbaugh knows how to develop the front seven on defense, and the defense in general.  His record with defenses is top tier.  #2 defense with the 49ers his first year (16th ranked defense the year before).  #1 defense in college this season with Michigan.

Wherever Harbaugh decides to go, he's turning that team around overnight.  Dude is the epitome of a proven winner.

2023 College Football Defense Rankings: Team Pass and Rush Stats | FOX Sports

San Francisco 49ers 2011 Scores, Stats, Schedule, Standings | StatMuse

39 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Harbaugh knows how to develop the front seven on defense, and the defense in general.  His record with defenses is top tier.  #2 defense with the 49ers his first year (16th ranked defense the year before).  #1 defense in college this season with Michigan.

Maybe. Belichick got more from his defense than most coaches could. it's possible.

Still no stud defenders in that front 7.  Good defenses have stud defenders.

4 minutes ago, massraider said:

Maybe. Belichick got more from his defense than most coaches could. it's possible.

Harbaugh will create them out of thin air (draft them/sign them in FA).

52 minutes ago, massraider said:

Out early in the season, but I’d consider Grady Jarrett as elite 

12 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Out early in the season, but I’d consider Grady Jarrett as elite 

Fair enough. Age 31 season as well.

A good QB is going to probably get this team to 9 or 10 wins, assuming the conference stays weak. 

• Like 1

Williams, Maye, Daniels, McCarthy, Penix or Nix I don't care. I'll take any of the 6. My preference is JJ because I don't want to give up much to get our guy. Maye is my favorite because Williams personality is off putting. Daniels makes me think of Randall Cunningham but he's older and slender build is concerning. JJ would be a game manager that develops over time. He's young and I think if not thrown to the wolves has tremendous upside because of age. Penix I'd start day one as I would Williams but the other 4 need a bit more time but Nix is older so I'm not giving him time, he needs to play. 

So all 6 have flaws but all 6 could become top QB's if they get the right environment and develop. I'd trade up to the top 3/4 and take WR Harrison if the Jets would give us their 1st for Adams and our 2nd. We'd take a hit on Adams contract but make up for it with Harrison's and still get one of the six QB's at 10. Looking forward to see who our coaches and who we draft. If it's AP and we draft JJ then he's still young enough if it doesn't work out the next two seasons under AP. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G said:

.JJ would be a game manager that develops over time. 

That's kinda all he's ever been and what he is now. Yeah, he shows flashes of being good at times and able to carry a team but he also looks dreadful at times. Plus, do we know how good he really is? Note the stats I posted earlier once Stalions was out of the picture. JJ was mediocre, at best after he didn't know what the defense was doing. Can we really gauge how good he is or isn't bc everything he's done in college was with assistance of knowing what the defense was doing minus those games I listed. Basically the college version of Spygate. Why risk a high round pick for that? 

Do you feel that's a reasonable thing to consider?