QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Baker Mayfield, no way Tampa franchise tag him. 

The Raiders can draft a DT-RT in rounds 1 and 2 and solidify both lines.

Mayfield is going back to Tampa on a Geno Smith deal. I can almost guarantee it.

• Like 2

Injuries and Age is a big worry, but I feel he is the most Pro-Ready QB outside of Maye. And I think in the right scheme, he can be a Top 10 QB in the NFL. I don’t think he’ll ever be a superstar, but I do think he can be great. 

4 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Do not want another retread, journeyman QB (unless it’s Justin Fields). We need to draft a young QB and build around him. 

Agree, I do not want a vet, and that includes Fields. I just have a feeling if Fields has an ok year, you get locked into having to pay him top dollar, when he’s not that good.

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Have you not watched football since the mid 2000's?

Tightest spiral in history is Warren Moon. In fact, he might be the most pure passer of the football in NFL history. It’s a shame he wasted his prime years in the CFL. 

• Like 2

It's going to be Jayden Daniels. I don't know how but it's going to be him. he hung out with the Raiders in the locker room on the last game of the season and I just heard Devante Adams saying that he would be great if they drafted him. Most importantly, you wouldn't have to get them at one. theyre going to figure out a way to get that guy

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I am fine with a QB starting at a Carr type of level.  My problem with Carr was he had issues that he was unable to fix or overcome.  I like a more athletic Carr if he is willing to use his athletisism and mentally function when plays breakdown.  Every QB prospect has issues that they will need to overcome and whether they do it or not is what is going to be the difference between a good pick and a bust.  When you go back and watch Carr play his best ball, which was in the 5-10 range, he was willing to take off and keep the defense guessing.  His worst was when he tried to stay in the pocket and the pressure got to him.  Half of his issues were self inflected.  The other half was his inability to process information once the play started.  He was good presnap but when he was wrong it was like he did not have a plan B.  This was not any coaches fault because he was this way since 2017.

What pick are you ok with getting this type of player though? JJ has a lot of same tendencies and bad habits though. I've always said I hated athletes that play QB and while I think that describes him, it doesn't describe him 100% of the time. I think it's a huge mistake to take him in the 1st and believe he's a late 2nd, early 3rd, at best.

What we do with our picks will be interesting. I don't want any QB in the first that isn't already projected to go off the board before we pick. Plus we have no idea how the new regime will prioritize positions. Going to be interesting

42 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It's going to be Jayden Daniels. I don't know how but it's going to be him. he hung out with the Raiders in the locker room on the last game of the season and I just heard Devante Adams saying that he would be great if they drafted him. Most importantly, you wouldn't have to get them at one. theyre going to figure out a way to get that guy

How? Daniels is likely going third. All three teams in the Top 3 DESPERATELY need a QB. Bill is not on the Pats anymore. Mayo will not skip Daniels imo.