QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

Charlie Campbell, who is usually pretty accurate with our pick and pretty accurate overall, has it like this:

1. Caleb - Bears

2. Maye - Commanders

3. Daniels - Patriots

12. JJ - Denver

13. Nix - LV

Hope it doesn’t happen like this. I’d love to leapfrog Denver for JJ. Nix… meh. 

I don’t think any of the top three teams are trading out of the Top 3. I think the Bears have already made up their mind on Fields, they want to give Eberflus one year without being attached to Fields. Although you’ll see tons of beat writers, Chicago and non-Chicago, hyping up Fields saying the Bears love him. These are 100% paid write-ups by Chicago’s FO. There is zero transparency these days. Chicago will be trying to hype Fields trade value up like crazy so they can get a second round pick, or something like two thirds and a fourth. 

• Like 1

I suppose the general consensus is JJ/Nix would be a reach at 13? A lot of mocks, it’s hit or miss as to them being 1st round picks. Some in the 12-16 range, some not in Rd1 at all. I don’t see us giving up the farm to move into the top 3, and I don’t see it worth it for those teams to trade out when it’s their biggest need as well, especially Chicago who already passed on one potential superstar QB (Stroud) last year. Would be a bad look 2 years in a row for them when Fields hasn’t been consistent.

Unless AP + Champ/Dodds convince Mark that one of the top 3 QBs is the missing piece after free agency and put in a offer too good to pass up, I’d be looking at addressing CB, DT or OT and trading up late first if JJ or Nix are still on the board. I think both are worth a shot and won’t be Rd2 picks after combine and pro days play out. Late 20’s for our #44 and #77 pick should be fair value. So we end with a Wiggins/McKinstry CB or Newton DT or Latham/Fuaga OT, plus a QB at better value and a cheap contract with 5th year option. Still have 6 other picks from 4th-7th round to add depth at OG, LB, C, RB, WR.

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

It's going to be Jayden Daniels. I don't know how but it's going to be him. he hung out with the Raiders in the locker room on the last game of the season and I just heard Devante Adams saying that he would be great if they drafted him. Most importantly, you wouldn't have to get them at one. theyre going to figure out a way to get that guy

Let's stop overanalyzing Daniels hanging out in the locker room. He was recruited in part by Pierce to ASU. He was there celebrating the last game with him. 

I doubt the new GM is going to go full scale crazy just to get a guy because of his relationship to AP at the detriment of the franchise. And I'm sure they'll do a full review of him as well for his fit in the NFL.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

So what are the knocks on Nix? 77% completions, 45 TDs and 3 INTs. Stats look ridiculous. Only knocks I can see is he’s kind of small and has dinosaur arms.

Age if that's a problem for you. An Oregon's offensive scheme. Honestly, if he was 21 and hadn't been in college football 6 years I think he'd garner more attention from fans. 

Personally, I think he's going to be a great QB. He's smart pre-snap. Quick decision maker with his reads. Can layer throws all 3 levels. Has a big arm, athletic and moves well in the pocket. 

• Like 1

This is super unpopular. But. 

With Jacobs and our run game, Adams. A top 3 defense, I think Russel Wilson could lead us down a deep playoff run. I don't think his diva-ness would even be an issue seeing as how AP has complete control of the culture here. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Let's stop overanalyzing Daniels hanging out in the locker room. He was recruited in part by Pierce to ASU. He was there celebrating the last game with him. 

I doubt the new GM is going to go full scale crazy just to get a guy because of his relationship to AP at the detriment of the franchise. And I'm sure they'll do a full review of him as well for his fit in the NFL.

It's not gonna just be that. He's gonna test well too. 

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

This is super unpopular. But. 

With Jacobs and our run game, Adams. A top 3 defense, I think Russel Wilson could lead us down a deep playoff run. I don't think his diva-ness would even be an issue seeing as how AP has complete control of the culture here. 

I said this 2 weeks ago. Under these circumstances then you could draft a McCarthy type and let him sit 

9 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

I suppose the general consensus is JJ/Nix would be a reach at 13? A lot of mocks, it’s hit or miss as to them being 1st round picks. Some in the 12-16 range, some not in Rd1 at all. I don’t see us giving up the farm to move into the top 3, and I don’t see it worth it for those teams to trade out when it’s their biggest need as well, especially Chicago who already passed on one potential superstar QB (Stroud) last year. Would be a bad look 2 years in a row for them when Fields hasn’t been consistent.

Unless AP + Champ/Dodds convince Mark that one of the top 3 QBs is the missing piece after free agency and put in a offer too good to pass up, I’d be looking at addressing CB, DT or OT and trading up late first if JJ or Nix are still on the board. I think both are worth a shot and won’t be Rd2 picks after combine and pro days play out. Late 20’s for our #44 and #77 pick should be fair value. So we end with a Wiggins/McKinstry CB or Newton DT or Latham/Fuaga OT, plus a QB at better value and a cheap contract with 5th year option. Still have 6 other picks from 4th-7th round to add depth at OG, LB, C, RB, WR.

If current mock drafts have 20 out of 32 picks correct, that's amazing.

Combine, workouts, and interviews haven't happened yet. 

Consensus now doesn't mean much

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Age if that's a problem for you. An Oregon's offensive scheme. Honestly, if he was 21 and hadn't been in college football 6 years I think he'd garner more attention from fans. 

Personally, I think he's going to be a great QB. He's smart pre-snap. Quick decision maker with his reads. Can layer throws all 3 levels. Has a big arm, athletic and moves well in the pocket. 

Been waiting for your eval on him I’ve reopened his file. How would you compare his arm strength? What’s his biggest weakness?