QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

17 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Tightest spiral in history is Warren Moon. In fact, he might be the most pure passer of the football in NFL history. It’s a shame he wasted his prime years in the CFL. 

Ah, my all time favourite non Raider QB 😃 loved watching him play!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NickButera said:

This is super unpopular. But. 

With Jacobs and our run game, Adams. A top 3 defense, I think Russel Wilson could lead us down a deep playoff run. I don't think his diva-ness would even be an issue seeing as how AP has complete control of the culture here. 

I’m not sure how well he’d be as he’s lost his athleticism which is a big part of his game. Plus aren’t the raiders on the hook for jimmy’s contract this season? If they are I can’t see scenario where him or AOC aren’t the starters with rookie in the wings. 

I’m looking forward to the senior bowl this year. Penix and Nix are on the same squad, I think both can really improve their stocks during week that might launch them into the first. It wouldn’t surprise me if 5 guys were taken in the first this year. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I’m looking forward to the senior bowl this year. Penix and Nix are on the same squad, I think both can really improve their stocks during week that might launch them into the first. It wouldn’t surprise me if 5 guys were taken in the first this year. 

Definitely one to watch for us.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

And that would be a mistake. Mayfield is having a nice year, but he's not a franchise quarterback.

I said this in  another post I want to draft a young QB but I want a vet for a couple of years so the young guy can develop just like Love.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I said this in  another post I want to draft a young QB but I want a vet for a couple of years so the young guy can develop just like Love.

O'Connell is good enough to start as a bridge quarterback. No need to spend $25+ million per year for that. And, I would also argue that he has more upside than Mayfield.

12 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I agree, however I think the Raiders aren’t in the position to do that unless they trade for a guy like Cousins who can win now. The reason why Love and even Mahomes could sit is because they had a guy ahead of them they could sit back and learn from. If they start Jimmy or AOC and the Raiders go through a rough patch there will be calls for the rookie to start. 

• Like 1

I'm really wondering what fields will cost. I wouldn't do a 1st obviously, but depending on how the QB class shakes out, I could be convinced to trade a 2nd for him.

Obviously I'm a much bigger believer in him than some, but I think he would thrive on this team. And it would allow us to get a really top player at 13.

That being said, I'd understand going qb in RD1, but I don't want to reach.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm really wondering what fields will cost. I wouldn't do a 1st obviously, but depending on how the QB class shakes out, I could be convinced to trade a 2nd for him.

Obviously I'm a much bigger believer in him than some, but I think he would thrive on this team. And it would allow us to get a really top player at 13.

That being said, I'd understand going qb in RD1, but I don't want to reach.

People are going to bash you for being high on Fields because he’s not refined as a passer. What matters most is that dude just makes plays. He has the physical tools and is capable of rushing for over 1k yards. Inject that skillset to our team this season and we’d be in the playoffs no doubt. He’s absolutely worth gambling on.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

People are going to bash you for being high on Fields because he’s not refined as a passer. What matters most is that dude just makes plays. He has the physical tools and is capable of rushing for over 1k yards. Inject that skillset to our team this season and we’d be in the playoffs no doubt. He’s absolutely worth gambling on.

Fields or Penix at #13 are my top options for us at QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

He's not just "not refined", he's not a passer at all. He doesn't seem to process coverages well, doesn't time his throws well, doesn't go through progressions well, and turns the ball over, a lot. Adams would never see the ball. 

Even if you include his rushing TDs he can't get more than 20-25 tds a year. He barely throws 200 yards a game. I mean, I don't mean to be hating, I just literally don't see him do 1 thing decently that a QB should do. He doesn't even make plays, He makes 1 play, runs. That's about it.  I'm ok with a QB who makes plays, but the only play he's able to make is run.