QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

27 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Actually, I would argue that the other side of this statement is true. QBs who run are far more likely to suffer both catastrophic injuries and have far less lengthy careers. Stats prove this.

You still have to be able to extend plays 

10 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

O'Connell isn't disabled, bro. He can move within the pocket and has already showed this. 

He has less mobility and play extending ability than Derek Carr. All a defender has to do is flash in front of him and the plays over. 

The game is evolving. You dont need a running QB but a QB who can move and extend plays. Burrow, Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Herbert, Watson, Stroud, Richardson, Lawrence etc all can

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

He has less mobility and play extending ability than Derek Carr. All a defender has to do is flash in front of him and the plays over. 

The game is evolving. You dont need a running QB but a QB who can move and extend plays. Burrow, Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Herbert, Watson, Stroud, Richardson, Lawrence etc all can

Every QB you just named never won a thing except Mahomes. 

Edited by PhillyRaider

On 1/19/2024 at 4:40 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

What pick are you ok with getting this type of player though? JJ has a lot of same tendencies and bad habits though. I've always said I hated athletes that play QB and while I think that describes him, it doesn't describe him 100% of the time. I think it's a huge mistake to take him in the 1st and believe he's a late 2nd, early 3rd, at best.

What we do with our picks will be interesting. I don't want any QB in the first that isn't already projected to go off the board before we pick. Plus we have no idea how the new regime will prioritize positions. Going to be interesting

If you said I could get a more athletic Carr that could play off script and process new information when plays break down I would draft that player at 13 without question.  That would be a top 10 QB.  I am not saying that is who he is because I have not started watching college game to give an opinion.  Th at was just the comparision that was made by someone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyRaider said:

I must have missed something, bro. I thought that O'Connell already beat Mahomes in KC and the Chargers and the Broncos. We might have our guy already in O'Connell. Why aren't you willing to give the kid a chance? 

The chances any of these QBs available in this draft are going to be as good as O'Connell will be next season is close to zero. Also, to your other point, if I were you I'd be ready to get disappointed if you want another QB other than O'Connell. 

Rumor is during the interview process, AP advocated for O'Connell being his starter. So that would mean that O'Connell is his guy.

The fact that you're still making this point blows my mind.  I know you're just back to troll us for a day or two and dissapear again, but I just can't help but respond to your post.  You do realize AOC didn't complete a pass the last three quarters of the game right?  I know you keep blaming an All Pro WR in Davante Adams and literally everyone else on the offense for this happening, but you can't be serious that you really believe he is the answer at QB.  

The wins against LAC and Denver aren't anything to really brag about either.  They came against back up QBs and the LAC whose HC had completely lost the locker room.  Anyone watching that game knows LAC wasn't even trying.  There KR/PR fumbled twice.  Nothing about that team looked like they had their heart in the game.

As for Denver again it was against a backup QB who hadn't played all season.  At that point I wouldn't be surprised if Sean Payton was coaching with the intent to improve draft position.  Looking onto the future knowing this season had already been a lost cause and the playoffs were no longer possible.

But anyway, keep trolling bro.  Nice to see you back to provide some more nonsense.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If you said I could get a more athletic Carr that could play off script and process new information when plays break down I would draft that player at 13 without question.  That would be a top 10 QB.  I am not saying that is who he is because I have not started watching college game to give an opinion.  Th at was just the comparision that was made by someone else.

Nix is more like carr imo a younger carr that took risks and wasn’t afraid to run

1 hour ago, PhillyRaider said:

You're the genius who tried to say you need a running QB to win. This goes against the facts. Running QBs almost never win. Look at the history of the league for an example. 

Accurate pocket passers will always win over a guy who relies onnhis legs instead of his arm and the facts of history say so.

Pocket qbs get injured too Just look at jimmy 

33 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Pocket qbs get injured too Just look at jimmy 

Good ol' paper mâché Jimmy G.

Man fell on his knees and hands and injured his back.  Dude is 75 years old on the inside.

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You started watching more of him? I thought you said you would be looking more into him.

Yea watched him vs usc on sat wanted to see how he handled going vs another hot qb

i don’t love him but I don’t not like him.

he has a nice zip on his throws very efficient 

Gotta watch more I wanna see the Oregon vs Oregon st game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea watched him vs usc on sat wanted to see how he handled going vs another hot qb

i don’t love him but I don’t not like him.

he has a nice zip on his throws very efficient 

Gotta watch more I wanna see the Oregon vs Oregon st game 

I feel his offense helped him succeed quite a lot and not sure how that will translate. He is definitely very accurate and a scrappy little player that has good athleticism. Will be interested in what you have to say after you watch more. Not a 1st round guy, IMO, but would be a solid day two pickup

Since Williams and Maye are likely out of reach, I wouldn't be opposed to trading up to try and get Jayden Daniels since AP worked with him at ASU? It's hard to predict where he'd end up though... Are we thinking the first three teams all take QBs?

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I feel his offense helped him succeed quite a lot and not sure how that will translate. He is definitely very accurate and a scrappy little player that has good athleticism. Will be interested in what you have to say after you watch more. Not a 1st round guy, IMO, but would be a solid day two pickup

Yea and usc defense was weak this year. I’ve seen him vs wash both times. tryna find a game where he has to carry the team I like those games.

tried watching Tenn vs bama lol that Tenn qb looked rough af 

tried watching Unc vs duke only to find the duke qb was injured 

wanna rewatch Unc vs so car

what do you think about rattler?