QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

You're the genius who tried to say you need a running QB to win. This goes against the facts. Running QBs almost never win. Look at the history of the league for an example. 

Accurate pocket passers will always win over a guy who relies onnhis legs instead of his arm and the facts of history say so.

Where did I say that? Modern game, QBs have to be mobile and able to make plays outside the pocket Mahomes, Allen, Jackson all have what in common?

Quick.... without naming Tom Brady, who in the modern game is a statue and winning? 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Where did I say that? Modern game, QBs have to be mobile and able to make plays outside the pocket Mahomes, Allen, Jackson all have what in common?

Quick.... without naming Tom Brady, who in the modern game is a statue and winning? 

Jimmy g lol 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Jimmy g lol 

Even Jimmy can scoot when he has to. He can move the chains with his legs. Closest thing I've seen to AOC is Mac Jones. Talking pure drop back passer, no ability to extend and make plays consistently out of structure. No threat to move the chains with their legs whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Even Jimmy can scoot when he has to. He can move the chains with his legs. Closest thing I've seen to AOC is Mac Jones. Talking pure drop back passer, no ability to extend and make plays consistently out of structure. No threat to move the chains with their legs whatsoever. 

Lol jimmy is the fastest slowest guy I’ve ever seen. Reminds me of Marvin the marsian lil legs moving like crazy but going nowhere. Jones I can see. Aoc not running makes it so easy on the defense. I call those qbs frozen goods.

• Like 1

Going back 10 years the only QBs I can think of that have won as statues other than Brady are Peyton and Flacco. You might be able to throw in Eli as well. But with both Eli and Flacco they had plus arm strength. Peyton was probably the smartest QB of all time. There isn’t anything that AOC is a plus in other than maybe accuracy. Could he turn out great? Sure but I wouldn’t hitch my wagon on it especially with this class of QBs. 

4 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Going back 10 years the only QBs I can think of that have won as statues other than Brady are Peyton and Flacco. You might be able to throw in Eli as well. But with both Eli and Flacco they had plus arm strength. Peyton was probably the smartest QB of all time. There isn’t anything that AOC is a plus in other than maybe accuracy. Could he turn out great? Sure but I wouldn’t hitch my wagon on it especially with this class of QBs. 

Nah. Going backwards: Mahomes, Stafford, Brady, Mahomes, Brady, Foles, Brady, Manning, Brady, Wilson, Flacco. Manning. Bolded being QB's who is considered 90-100% passer and 0-10% mobility. It's pretty split 50/50 though if you go back farther and include Rodgers, Big Ben and maybe Bree's as QB's renown for their mobility and playmaking.  

Bottom line, is if you can do what you do behind center at an elite level, it won't matter if you're mobile or not. 

• Like 1

I am fine with giving AOC a chance. Not the same thing as handing him the starting job. No way he showed enough to be the guaranteed #1 position going into camp. 

I'll give him a chance. A chance to beat out Cousins, or Fields, or McCarthy, or Daniels or whoever

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, massraider said:

I am fine with giving AOC a chance. Not the same thing as handing him the starting job. No way he showed enough to be the guaranteed #1 position going into camp. 

I'll give him a chance. A chance to beat out Cousins, or Fields, or McCarthy, or Daniels or whoever

Agreed. That's AP's guy, let him cook with his guy at QB

Instead of giving possibly a second or two thirds for Fields, how about a cheap Jake Browning? He did a phenomenal job filling in for Burrow. I was honestly really impressed. 

Draft JJ, and have all three guys compete for the starting job. Confident AOC will end up as the #3. AOC as the third QB would be a really good QB room. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Nah. Going backwards: Mahomes, Stafford, Brady, Mahomes, Brady, Foles, Brady, Manning, Brady, Wilson, Flacco. Manning. Bolded being QB's who is considered 90-100% passer and 0-10% mobility. It's pretty split 50/50 though if you go back farther and include Rodgers, Big Ben and maybe Bree's as QB's renown for their mobility and playmaking.  

Bottom line, is if you can do what you do behind center at an elite level, it won't matter if you're mobile or not. 

I think all of those guys have A+ traits though whether it’s mobility, size, intelligence or arm strength. Except maybe Foles but he did drop 5 TDs on the Raiders. I think that’s what separates AOC from them and at his best he can probably be Foles but that’s like prime timeline stuff. We don’t live in that timeline, we live in the one where Taylor Swift gets to touch a Lambardi. I think it says a lot that the coaching staff almost tried to hide him. 

What is his signature game? I think if you’re going to pass on the QBs in this draft you need to point to a game where he had a good, gritty or promising performance. 

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m questioning arm strength so I hope all go to the combine. Stroud arm strength surprised me in last year combine

It sucks during the season when you do not have a good QB but it sure makes the offseason a lot more interesting.

I would love for AOC to be the guy, but dude might be the least athletic QB in the league. I don’t need Josh Allen or Lamar give me a Jimmy or a willing DC type athlete that can evade the rush and pick up a couple first downs a game. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

what do you think about rattler?

Kid has all the tools to be excellent but he can't seem to put it all together. He'd be my top pick for a day 3 flier. Biggest issue is he's going to need to sit for a couple years and get developed and we simply can't provide that luxury at this time. He's kinda short for a guy who can't run well also.

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Goff