QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

On 1/26/2024 at 12:05 PM, ronjon1990 said:

We could dive in and really break it all down, but I don't care that much. 

Fwiw, I don't think O'Connell could beat Browning in a straight up QB competition though. 

It is questionable tho.

22 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Man, my brain can’t quantify mixing matching in tiers both rookies, FAs and dudes we’d have to trade for. 

Not going to nitpick your list. However, one minor question, would you really be okay with bringing Mariota back? After his prev stint here, I know I’d be super unhappy. 

The answer is Fields for the right price, he's like Lamar in a way that he is steadily growing as a passer just not as fast a rate as Lamar, but he's been on an awful team with mediocre weapons and poor coaching. With a change of scenery he could be hitting 65-67% of his passes this year and somebody is going to get a late bloomer who finally puts it all together.

• Like 2

I think the best case scenario (that's realistic) for us:

Bears swap with the Commanders

1. Commanders - Caleb

2. Bears - MHJ

3. Patriots - Maye

I don't think Arizona / Chargers will go QB, Giants are probably a no, and so is Tennessee. 

So you could realistically move up somewhere between 4-7 and land Jayden Daniels. 

Get the QBOTF without having to give up 3 1sts. 

8 hours ago, raidr4life said:

It is questionable tho.

Isn't every possible option? 

We could sign Kirk and get Colts Matt Ryan. We could draft any QB in the draft amd get a total dud. As it currently stands, Aidan O'Connell is thr only QB we have that can be called a sure thing. 

Just watched a lot of games of Nix, yeah, he just ain’t it. BP (Oregon homer) and others can decline he’s a Carr clone all they want, but he’s the same QB. Same QB. Leaves tons of reads on field, can’t throw with anticipation, bicep warrior like Carr/Levis (sounds dumb, but these bicep QBs never work out), great arm, plays extremely conservative and doesn’t look deep enough (don’t wanna hear about system bs, this is definitely his tendency, same ish at Auburn). 

I think he could be a better version of Derek Carr. But he’s Derek Carr. 

Give me JJ McCarthy over Nix all day. I’ll even take Penix over Nix. 

People just look at his 45-3 and think it’s impressive. The way this guy played at Auburn is the way he’ll play in the NFL. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

On 1/27/2024 at 10:28 AM, Jeremy408 said:

yeah, but the Bengals aren't thinking that they need a new right side their line. Which was the point I was making.

I was not trying to say you were wrong.  I just think there is some low hanging fruit.

• Like 1

What do we do with Jimmy G ?

Keep him in case we don’t get a QB in the draft ? If we don’t get a QB in the draft would we roll with AOC and Jimmy G next year ?

If we did pick up a vet QB like Fields then we cut Jimmy G post June 1st ? Keep AOC as backup? 

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I just assumed with all the restructuring we did that we're stuck with him next season.

So we would have Jimmy G AOC and a draft pick? I think Jimmy G costs $27m next year?

Edited by Dessie

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

What do we do with Jimmy G ?

Keep him in case we don’t get a QB in the draft ? If we don’t get a QB in the draft would we roll with AOC and Jimmy G next year ?

If we did pick up a vet QB like Fields then we cut Jimmy G post June 1st ? Keep AOC as backup? 

I would cut him.  Details don't matter.  I would cut him today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

I would cut him.  Details don't matter.  I would cut him today.

Leaves us with no leverage/options in the draft though if we cut him before the draft. Although keeping him probably doesn’t give us any either tbh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Leaves us with no leverage/options in the draft though if we cut him before the draft. Although keeping him probably doesn’t give us any either tbh. 

We're definitely going into this draft looking desperate for a QB.  Jimmy G's benching, 7 TDs, and 9 INTs have his worth currently listed on Spotrac as a single roll of two-ply toilet paper.

• Like 2