QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

After Kingsubry, I'm 100% in if we choose to try to sign Wilson. He'd actually be a good fit in the air raid. He's no long term answer, but we can win with that setup. 

He’s also dirt cheap for these next two years.

Part of me wants absolutely nothing to do with Russ, but if he allows us to strengthen other parts of the roster in FA then there’s an appeal in that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Part of me wants absolutely nothing to do with Russ, but if he allows us to strengthen other parts of the roster in FA then there’s an appeal in that.

Part of me wants to sign him to the vet minimum to stick it to Denver to force them to pay him a ton of money. I mean, I don't even care how he played, that would be worth it. 😂

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Part of me wants to sign him to the vet minimum to stick it to Denver to force them to pay him a ton of money. I mean, I don't even care how he played, that would be worth it. 😂

This.  I have no idea why we wouldn't try to attempt this.  They have to foot the bill and he can get payback against them.  Why wouldn't we want to sign a stop gap QB for dirt cheap while we develop our QBotF?  This is smart business.  I don't care if he's Carlton in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, we need to sign 'em if Denver does cut him.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Burpies on Freemont and a shuttle from his executive suite at the MGM would definitely endear him to our locker room. 

No thanks, I'll pass. 

Sean Payton barely made him look passable as an NFL QB, and much as I hate to admit it, Kliff Kingsbury is no Sean Payton. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jerry said:

This.  I have no idea why we wouldn't try to attempt this.  They have to foot the bill and he can get payback against them.  Why wouldn't we want to sign a stop gap QB for dirt cheap while we develop our QBotF?  This is smart business.  I don't care if he's Carlton in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, we need to sign 'em if Denver does cut him.

I’m crying laughing 

I can’t see how we would honestly be able to move up into the top 3. I just can’t see it happening. Has there ever been a situation where all of the top 3 teams picking needed a QB? And in a draft where there is a consensus top 3 and a clear drop off after that! It’s bananas. And will surely make up pretty close to impossible for us.

On 1/31/2024 at 11:02 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, that's where I have him at as well but wouldn't be surprised to see him move up. The competition he played against must be factored in. He's one I'm going to keep an eye on.

He’s also 20 years old, that’s 3 to 4 years younger than the other QBs.

• Like 1

I think realistically Wilson and Penix are my top two options. 

Jaylen Williams if we're able to make a trade up, but Penix squeaks by McCarthy as my preferred option at 13 or lower. Penix just screams to me that he's the next CJ Stroud type QB

5 hours ago, NickButera said:

I think realistically Wilson and Penix are my top two options. 

Jaylen Williams if we're able to make a trade up, but Penix squeaks by McCarthy as my preferred option at 13 or lower. Penix just screams to me that he's the next CJ Stroud type QB

I would take penix over mcarthy. but will he run is the question