QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

15 hours ago, NickButera said:

I think realistically Wilson and Penix are my top two options. 

Jaylen Williams if we're able to make a trade up, but Penix squeaks by McCarthy as my preferred option at 13 or lower. Penix just screams to me that he's the next CJ Stroud type QB

Pennix is like 25, I Would think he is ready to start as a rookie. DC did it 

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Pennix is like 25, I Would think he is ready to start as a rookie. DC did it 

If it's Pennix he would have to go on the second round so that we could get a right tackle in the first round so that he would be protected

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

If it's Pennix he would have to go on the second round so that we could get a right tackle in the first round so that he would be protected

you don't think Munford is any good? Every time he started he was lights out. Both sides of the line, he's actually a rare steal 

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

you don't think Munford is any good? Every time he started he was lights out. Both sides of the line, he's actually a rare steal 

He didn't win against Jermaine Elumenor and when he did perform well it was on the left side. 

11 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He didn't win against Jermaine Elumenor and when he did perform well it was on the left side. 

he was good win on the right side. I think JE a good starting right tackle. Can't have a all pro at ever spot, I think fans want perfection. We need guards

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

he was good win on the right side. I think JE a good starting right tackle. Can't have a all pro at ever spot, I think fans want perfection. We need guards

The thing though is that when you have a really good oline it hides a lot of things. When you don't have a very good oline it exposes a lot of things. I think about this: Michael Penix had the best Oline in college football. But when he plays Michigan he plays against the best defense and he looks completely different. Which means that we don't actually know what he would look like without a line. Thats why i think if you get him you have to protect him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The thing though is that when you have a really good oline it hides a lot of things. When you don't have a very good oline it exposes a lot of things. I think about this: Michael Penix had the best Oline in college football. But when he plays Michigan he plays against the best defense and he looks completely different. Which means that we don't actually know what he would look like without a line. Thats why i think if you get him you have to protect him.

if you think it's going be an all pro RT, then I can get behind it. But if we draft a good starting RT, then it's a waster. Munford is good, so what is the gap between the prospect and him. Munford would have been draft late round 1 or 2 if he didn't play guard his last year in college. He played terrible at guard which is the reason why he dropped in the draft. He's back at his natural spot 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/thayer-munford-jr/32004d55-4e37-9894-7fee-7f1a4b803ab9

23 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

if you think it's going be an all pro RT, then I can get behind it. But if we draft a good starting RT, then it's a waster. Munford is good, so what is the gap between the prospect and him. Munford would have been draft late round 1 or 2 if he didn't play guard his last year in college. He played terrible at guard which is the reason why he dropped in the draft. He's back at his natural spot 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/thayer-munford-jr/32004d55-4e37-9894-7fee-7f1a4b803ab9

My thing is we just can't afford a bad offensive line anymore. bottom line. We need to invest in a proper right tackle and some guards(assuming parham plays C). Regardless in total we need three Lineman

On 2/3/2024 at 8:50 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Dude isn't even 24 yet and we're already saying he's 25 lol. 

I think Penix could also do well in the Packers type system because my comp for him is like a Jordan love type anyway.

Edited by Jeremy408

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing is we just can't afford a bad offensive line anymore. bottom line. We need to invest in a proper right tackle and some guards(assuming parham plays C). Regardless in total we need three Lineman

Munford is good. He's a rare sleeper we picked. His role should expand and not get buried. 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Munford is good. He's a rare sleeper we picked. His role should expand and not get buried. 

He didnt win the RT job last year and we expect him to win this year? And we're going to gamble this year(with who could be either a rookie or AOC at qb) to find out?

On 2/3/2024 at 11:16 AM, Humble_Beast said:

We're still pretending this farce?

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

This I’m very impressed by him especially mid to late season he was lights out he should start next year 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He didnt win the RT job last year and we expect him to win this year? And we're going to gamble this year(with who could be either a rookie or AOC at qb) to find out?

JE is good. One of the better RT in the league, we should bring him back. We have a talented tackle group, we need IOL

Edited by Humble_Beast