QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

JE is good. One of the better RT in the league, we should bring him back. 

Maybe but he's also getting old. If he regresses were also screwed and he can be upgraded from. Think about this. If we get Penix(who's had four injuries in college and had the best offensive) line in college football last year, we have to protect him. if he starts taking hits we're gonna be in trouble. If it's AOC or Kirk cousins they're not going to be mobile in the pocket. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Maybe but he's also getting old. If he regresses were also screwed and he can be upgraded from. Think about this. If we get Penix(who's had four injuries in college and had the best offensive) line in college football last year, we have to protect him. if he starts taking hits we're gonna be in trouble. If it's AOC or Kirk cousins they're not going to be mobile in the pocket. 

That's why he will still have Munford who could be a good starter. JE is 29 and OL usually age later then any other position. I hope we bring back JE on a 2 year

Edited by Humble_Beast

17 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

That's why he will still have Munford who could be a good starter. JE is 29 and OL usually age later then any other position. I hope we bring back JE on a 2 year

The problem is we're pretending like the Oline was good last year and that just retaining the people last year is an easy fix. That's counterintuitive

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

The problem is we're pretending like the Oline was good last year and that just retaining the people last year is an easy fix. That's counterintuitive

Our IOL was the issue, We ALSO had two bad QBs who couldn't process the game

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Our IOL was the issue, We ALSO had two bad QBs who couldn't process the game

Absolutely. That's why I mentioned that we need three new starters on the oline this off-season however that plays out. Includes but is not limited to right tackle. Another guy that could be really good in the first round fries is that powers Johnson guy from Oregon

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Absolutely. That's why I mentioned that we need three new starters on the oline this off-season however that plays out. Includes but is not limited to right tackle. Another guy that could be really good in the first round fries is that powers Johnson guy from Oregon

Powers Johnson is a beast, but I think he's going be a first round. Parham is alright at guard, but I think he can be unlocked at center. I hope we get 2 new  mauling guards. 

44 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Powers Johnson is a beast, but I think he's going be a first round. Parham is alright at guard, but I think he can be unlocked at center. I hope we get 2 new  mauling guards. 

In theory, guards are the easiest thing to get in the draft. Because some field tackles can play guard. You just have to actually draft them which it appears the Raiders just don't do for some reason

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

In theory, guards are the easiest thing to get in the draft. Because some field tackles can play guard. You just have to actually draft them which it appears the Raiders just don't do for some reason

I made a new quick mock and had us drafting 2 guards. I think we could find two good prospects for IOL in rounds 3-5 and then sign a free agent or two. Would he solid as we have no depth either. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I made a new quick mock and had us drafting 2 guards. I think we could find two good prospects for IOL in rounds 3-5 and then sign a free agent or two. Would he solid as we have no depth either. 

We need a RT too. Watch this and you'll see my perspective

Just curious; how many here actually want us to trade up to #1-2?

It seems to odd hire Telesco - a guy who if nothing else usually hits in the 1st round - and take away his strength by sending multiple picks away. 

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

Just curious; how many here actually want us to trade up to #1-2?

It seems to odd hire Telesco - a guy who if nothing else usually hits in the 1st round - and take away his strength by sending multiple picks away. 

Right. I think it comes from the fact that we've had to deal with Late Al Davis/Gruden/Mcdaniels the GM. So it's trained us to not want like first round picks because the chances of them being bust are very high on our team. But if there's one thing I like about to Telesco it's the fact that he actually knows how to draft(which to me as what I care about most anyway)

6 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

29 isn't old at all for a right tackle. They play well into their 30s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

We need a RT too. Watch this and you'll see my perspective

Agreed though overall that RT could be upgraded. I think one of Munford or Elu could play guard fairly decently even next year. Van Roten can't start again.

• Like 1