QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Agreed though overall that RT could be upgraded. I think one of Munford or Elu could play guard fairly decently even next year. Van Roten can't start again.

Right when you actually look at it, it's more than just what happens on the stat sheet it actually affects the ability for a place to develop downfield. I was very surprised at how many plays were actually called to stretch the field vertically but because the defense was getting in so fast we had to go to the check down. Or the fact that there were less people running routes because there were so many people that had to stand to chip in

• Like 1

The Fields ship has sailed. I was excited about the thought under a new OC, but with Getsy as our guy there is no chance we bring in Justin. They sucked together, why in the world would we want to double down on that failure?

Hondo alludes that higher staff was limiting Getsy as a play caller and forcing him to do certain things/avoid certain things. I doubt him him getting 100% control will change the Getsy/Fields relationship THAT much to where they experience success together. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The Fields ship has sailed. I was excited about the thought under a new OC, but with Getsy as our guy there is no chance we bring in Justin. They sucked together, why in the world would we want to double down on that failure?

Hondo alludes that higher staff was limiting Getsy as a play caller and forcing him to do certain things/avoid certain things. I doubt him him getting 100% control will change the Getsy/Fields relationship THAT much to where they experience success together. 

I don’t get this. Not saying it’s not real, because the Bears seem dysfunctional enough that nothing should really be surprising - but why?

Just now, Nightmare said:

I don’t get this. Not saying it’s not real, because the Bears seem dysfunctional enough that nothing should really be surprising - but why?

I am not entirely sure. It could be GM/Ownership wanted to have FIelds molded into more of a pocket passer vs. always taking off and using his feet? Better long-term growth + avoiding injury?

Just speculating. 

47 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I actually think Getsy increases the chances of getting Fields 

11 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Why do you think this? 

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/bears-analysis/super-bright-future-luke-getsy-believes-in-justin-fields-partnership-bears-process/530035/#:~:text=We have a great relationship,future is super-bright."

"We’re all in that mindset. We have a great relationship, we work really well together. He inspires me daily with his mentality, his focus, his faith, all that stuff. We have a really good relationship, and I think Justin’s future is super-bright."

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/bears-analysis/super-bright-future-luke-getsy-believes-in-justin-fields-partnership-bears-process/530035/#:~:text=We have a great relationship,future is super-bright."

"We’re all in that mindset. We have a great relationship, we work really well together. He inspires me daily with his mentality, his focus, his faith, all that stuff. We have a really good relationship, and I think Justin’s future is super-bright."

Media jargon, just like when Davante Adams and Maxx Crosby were telling us how much they loved having Josh McDaniels as a HC.

• Like 3

I find it hard to believe that Jayden Daniels will be the pick by the Pats. Think the Pats are the team to trade up with. Honestly a team that should trade down and get more picks. Have to imagine 3 would be the ideal trade partner. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hondo's sole function in life seems to be telling everyone that each and every move made by the Raiders is obviously the best move ever made with zero actual analysis. 

Hondo: "The Raiders sign Henry Ruggs to a 15 year, $800 billion dollar deal. I'm told his services were going to be in high demand when he is released from prison. At least 30 other teams.showed interest, with 28 of them sending scouts to look through the fence at the prison yard on Tuesdays where Ruggs would run. Raiders got a massive discount, I'm told, by signing him before everyone else.". 

Edited by ronjon1990

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why sign a high priced free agent and draft another mid round development guy? 

Didn't you like Spencer Rattler?

In theory Russell would cost much if he gets cut because the broncos will be paying most of it lol(Only reason why I would like the move)

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Why sign a high priced free agent and draft another mid round development guy? 

If Wilson gets released by the Broncos he could cost us as low as the vet minimum. Because they’re on the hook for $35m+ for him next year regardless of where he plays.

• Like 1