QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think its get Russell Wilson & draft Rattler 

Honestly it would be kind of be wise to bring in a vet QB who has now played in the AFC west, has an axe to grind against his old team, and I believe have beaten the other teams in the west except us of course 😊.

Yeah just looked it up he swept the Chargers and split with KC.

Edited by raidr4life

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

If Wilson gets released by the Broncos he could cost us as low as the vet minimum. Because they’re on the hook for $35m+ for him next year regardless of where he plays.

Wilson is going to get paid and he is meh now

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Honestly it would be kind of be wise to bring in a vet QB who has now played in the AFC west, has an axe to grind against his old team, and I believe have beaten the other teams in the west except us of course 😊.

Yeah just looked it up he swept the Chargers and split with KC.

You hired AP almost entirely because he’s a great locker room guy and changed the culture. And the first move is to bring in a QB who has largely been reported to be a terrible locker room guy / leader? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You hired AP almost entirely because he’s a great locker room guy and changed the culture. And the first move is to bring in a QB who has largely been reported to be a terrible locker room guy / leader? 

So it was his fault the front office did this creating the division?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-some-broncos-coaches-had-issues-with-russell-wilsons-office-in-team-facility

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

He’s already getting paid though. So he can take the vet minimum next year and still make a top tier QB salary.

but he could be paid twice...
no need to give me a bonus boss, you already give me a salary. 

yes he could take the vet min, but if some team offers more, why wouldnt he. 

I want nothing to do with him though. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Dude was an abrasive diva long before Denver gave him a corporate office.

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

He’s already getting paid though. So he can take the vet minimum next year and still make a top tier QB salary.

He can

And until he does, nothing will convince me he will.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I can't imagine there will be a very long line of teams waiting to sign Wilson, honestly.

So yeah, maybe he'll get an offer above the minimum from somebody, but I can't imagine many teams are going to be fighting each other to break the bank for Russ after these last couple of seasons.

(And yes, I know that's a strong argument as to why we shouldn't sign the guy.)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nightmare said:

14 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

He can't double dip (be paid twice) due to the way his current contract is formed, so I read. There were some articles stating that his current contact, while much is still guaranteed, is offset by whatever he gets in his new contract. So if for example, he's owed 40 mil next year and a new team gives him 20, Denver only owes him 20. If the new team pays him 5, Denver owes him 35.  His money is fixed. 

Some team isn't going to offer him more than he his currently owed (40 mil for next year if he's a post June 1 cut, and 80 mil if they come out and just cut him).... A team would have to practically make him one of the highest paid QBs in the league for him to actually come out in this situation with more $. It's a scenario thats too outlandish to actually happen.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/03/russell-wilson-broncos-contract-ultimatum-benching#:~:text=On the cash side%2C Wilson,release—some of that number.

His money is set in stone, he really gets to choose where he wants to play next year already knowing what he'll make. And if he really wants to stick it to Denver he just takes the vet min for two years and then take a mediocre sized salary afterwards

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Russ is going get paid by Broncos… he could take a fair deal to win again. If he leads another team to the super bowl , he’s prolly a hall of famer 

You must have missed the last 2 seasons if you think Russ is leading anyone to a Super Bowl. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Yeah if i was him i'd still want to be paid by the team i am playing for. That the Broncos are paying me is a nice bonus.

• Like 1