QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wilson has looked washed the last two seasons and is a bad locker room guy. 

I’d offer Kirk 2 years 75/80M

I think the whole Russell Wilson thing is overblown. Just don't give them as much power as a broncos which I don't think anything would do with the money that he will be paid which is some thing closer to the vet minimum. 

I like to 75 million because it would allow us to get Oline(remember it's not like he can move). But I wouldn't do 40.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I think the whole Russell Wilson thing is overblown. Just don't give them as much power as a broncos which I don't think anything would do with the money that he will be paid which is some thing closer to the vet minimum. 

I like to 75 million because it would allow us to get Oline(remember it's not like he can move). But I wouldn't do 40.

He had issues in Seattle and most of his former teammates seem to dislike him, then he had issues in Denver with Hackett, and issues in Denver with Payton. I mean it has been such a bad fit in Denver that they're prepared to eat the biggest dead cap hit ($85m) in NFL history just to move on from him. 

He will definitely cost significantly less but he hasn't been a high volume passer over the last three years, looks to be on the decline, and will be 36 next year. 

Assuming Kirk is healthy he can still play at a very high level and is a significantly better player than Russ at this stage of their careers. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He had issues in Seattle and most of his former teammates seem to dislike him, then he had issues in Denver with Hackett, and issues in Denver with Payton. I mean it has been such a bad fit in Denver that they're prepared to eat the biggest dead cap hit ($85m) in NFL history just to move on from him. 

He will definitely cost significantly less but he hasn't been a high volume passer over the last three years, looks to be on the decline, and will be 36 next year. 

Assuming Kirk is healthy he can still play at a very high level and is a significantly better player than Russ at this stage of their careers. 

I think there's a lot of mystery in terms of what happened in Denver. Especially as a pertains to kind of the whole Sean Payton thing. 

Also, I don't know about the whole being on decline he threw for 26 touchdowns and only nine interceptions with only 15 games every reason to believe that he could have thrown for 30 touchdowns when it was all sitting down if he played a full season. sure as heck looks like he can still play here 

If he was on our team last year we would've been in the playoffs. With that being said. He's a year younger than cousins and wil be substantially cheaper. 

Let me know what you think of this interview seems to be humbled.

16 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think there's a lot of mystery in terms of what happened in Denver. Especially as a pertains to kind of the whole Sean Payton thing. 

Also, I don't know about the whole being on decline he threw for 26 touchdowns and only nine interceptions with only 15 games every reason to believe that he could have thrown for 30 touchdowns when it was all sitting down if he played a full season. sure as heck looks like he can still play here 

If he was on our team last year we would've been in the playoffs. With that being said. He's a year younger than cousins and wil be substantially cheaper. 

Let me know what you think of this interview seems to be humbled.

It clearly wasn't a good fit in Seattle at the end that's why they decided to trade him and now the Broncos are so ready to be done with him that they'll sacrifice $85M in cap space over the next two years to do it. Two all time great coaches basically said they'd rather roll with an unknown at QB than him. 

His yards per game has went from 263 / 222 / 234 / 204 

His YPA has gone from 7.8 / 7.3 / 6.9

The 26 TD last season look good on paper but the Broncos didn't trust him and resorted to having one of the lowest volume passing attacks in the league because of it. He has only thrown for 300+ yards three times over the last two years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I agree about McCarthy. But for me it's either trade up in the top 3 or draft penix or rattler at someone point on day 2 and sign Russell once he gets cut. That would be the best bet in my book.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It clearly wasn't a good fit in Seattle at the end that's why they decided to trade him and now the Broncos are so ready to be done with him that they'll sacrifice $85M in cap space over the next two years to do it. Two all time great coaches basically said they'd rather roll with an unknown at QB than him. 

His yards per game has went from 263 / 222 / 234 / 204 

His YPA has gone from 7.8 / 7.3 / 6.9

The 26 TD last season look good on paper but the Broncos didn't trust him and resorted to having one of the lowest volume passing attacks in the league because of it. He has only thrown for 300+ yards three times over the last two years. 

I understand that, but he's also not being brought here to be the franchise quarterback. He's here so that if we get a quarterback in the second round, he actually has a chance to develop, while we have an opportunity to win right away.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I understand that, but he's also not being brought here to be the franchise quarterback. He's here so that if we get a quarterback in the second round, he actually has a chance to develop, while we have an opportunity to win right away.

What about his performance in Denver the last two years gives you confidence he's going to be able to help us win now? They were 11-19 over the last two years with Russ under center. 

And what QB are you getting in the second round to develop outside of maybe Penix who's an older prospect and should be ready to start from day one.

Rattler had a horrendous showing at the combine.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Wilson has looked washed the last two seasons and is a bad locker room guy. 

I’d offer Kirk 2 years 75/80M

Nah, he just had a bad 2022. His 2023 stats were on parr with his career averages. 3000+ yards near 30 tds (26) and near 10 INTs (8). That's about what he's averages his entire career.  He's an easy guy to hate on, but he's actually not a bad QB by any definition of the term. 

The only knock he gets is assumed drama because of innuendo reporting. Not saying there's not truth to some of the reports, but the guy gets a bad wrap for a lot of things, but nothing other than smoke is ever reported about him. 

13 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Nah, he just had a bad 2022. His 2023 stats were on parr with his career averages. 3000+ yards near 30 tds (26) and near 10 INTs (8). That's about what he's averages his entire career.  He's an easy guy to hate on, but he's actually not a bad QB by any definition of the term. 

The only knock he gets is assumed drama because of innuendo reporting. Not saying there's not truth to some of the reports, but the guy gets a bad wrap for a lot of things, but nothing other than smoke is ever reported about him. 

If you're looking at prime Russell Wilson (2015-2020) he averaged 251, 263, 249, 215, 257, 263 yards per game / 7.8 YPA / 33 TD per year.

Over the last three years he has averaged 224, 234, 204 ypg / 7.2 ypa (including 6.9 last year) / 22 TD per year. 

The TD were on par with most of his career but his passing numbers were down and Payton clearly did not trust him to air it out. He averaged 180 yards per game in the 7 games that they won with him starting. It's not like the Broncos were lacking weapons and Payton is regarded as one of the best offensive minds in NFL history. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

What about his performance in Denver the last two years gives you confidence he's going to be able to help us win now? They were 11-19 over the last two years with Russ under center. 

And what QB are you getting in the second round to develop outside of maybe Penix who's an older prospect and should be ready to start from day one.

Rattler had a horrendous showing at the combine.

1. Our team is better than the broncos that would be why lol

2. The penix age thing is stupid when you consider Jayden Daniels is the same age

3. Rattler threw the ball well which backed up what he did at the senior bowl. He's not very fast(doesn't mean he's not mobile so it holds no barring). But it is good that he didn't test well which means he can be had in 3rd instead of the 2nd. Allowing us to build the team. If we get Russell he doesn't even have to play his rookie year. If he's not that great just draft someone the following year 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

1. Our team is better than the broncos that would be why lol

2. The penix age thing is stupid when you consider Jayden Daniels is the same age

3. Rattler threw the ball well which backed up what he did at the senior bowl. He's not very fast(doesn't mean he's not mobile so it holds no barring). But it is good that he didn't test well which means he can be had in 3rd instead of the 2nd. Allowing us to build the team. If we get Russell he doesn't even have to play his rookie year. If he's not that great just draft someone the following year 

I don’t think there’s a significant gap between us and the Broncos. And even if you think there is, Payton as a play caller and offensive coach vs Getsy makes a significant difference. 

My point was if you’re drafting Penix then you’re drafting him to step in and start from day one. Especially in the second round where you only have him on a cost controlled contract for 4 years not sure I’d burn a year and pray Wilson can regain form after 3 pretty meh seasons. 

Rattler isn’t going to be taken high in the draft. He’s small, a below average athlete, has character concerns, and didn’t put up big numbers.

• Like 1

The only thing remotely enticing about Russ is that you might be able to get him for a bargain. Believe me, I gave it some consideration before the season ended, but thought better of it. We should look at QBs who have better days ahead. Not those who are over the hill.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

The only thing remotely enticing about Russ is that you might be able to get him for a bargain. Believe me, I gave it some consideration before the season ended, but thought better of it. We should look at QBs who have better days ahead. Not those who are over the hill.

AP just said that we're not looking for a bandaid at the position. And like I said above, the fact that the Broncos are ready and willing to eat $85M in dead cap just to move on from him says a lot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don’t think there’s a significant gap between us and the Broncos. And even if you think there is, Payton as a play caller and offensive coach vs Getsy makes a significant difference. 

My point was if you’re drafting Penix then you’re drafting him to step in and start from day one. Especially in the second round where you only have him on a cost controlled contract for 4 years not sure I’d burn a year and pray Wilson can regain form after 3 pretty meh seasons. 

Rattler isn’t going to be taken high in the draft. He’s small, a below average athlete, has character concerns, and didn’t put up big numbers.

It's pretty significant. They haven't beat us in 4 years. Regardless, of who our or their quarterback or head coach has been.