Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

How do people feel about Darnold's throwing motion? Like, it's weird (has a weird hitch or something in between the draw back and the release) but I don't know if it's bad weird or just not normal. Half the time I feel like he's... pushing it? Like, it seems like less of a circular motion and more of a horizontal one, does that make sense?

24 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I want:

1a - Best QB

1b - Best player at WR/CB/FS/OT

Repeat 1b for 2a. Add RB/C/DE/OLB to the rest of the picks. Done.

I like this...but I would take OT out of the equation for 1B.  I get that we are going to have to groom one to replace Joe, and I even get the fact that there will be some studs in this years draft.  We have to get some help in the other areas you mentioned first.

48 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

How do people feel about Darnold's throwing motion? Like, it's weird (has a weird hitch or something in between the draw back and the release) but I don't know if it's bad weird or just not normal. Half the time I feel like he's... pushing it? Like, it seems like less of a circular motion and more of a horizontal one, does that make sense?

He certainly doesn't look like the prototypical passer. I am no scout by any means but after many years of being a football fan you can see what types of 'throwers' make it in the NFL the most. I still like his frame and that fact the he just finds a way.

Again I am no scout and I haven't watched all the QBs because, well, I am not a scout I only have so much access and time, but going back to what I said above and knowing what types seem to translate the most I still like Kurt Benkert. One of my first post on this site mentioned a Darnald at #1 overall and Kurt Benkert in the 3rd and I would still like that draft a lot.

55 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I see what you’re talking about, but it doesn’t effect his release or arm strength so I’m not worried. Btw just saw a video about him that says he decreased  his release time by 17% in the offseason. Couple that with his overall improvement through this season, makes me like him more. 

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

It looks like Cody Kesslers release. There is no 'snap' on his follow thru or any wrist action. Its sort of funky but it gives the impression of him floating/pushing everything.

8 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

We already hit 100 on the other one. Well done. Let's get to work on #2

#5bydraftday

pssh, what kind of a mod are you? This guy doesnt even know that threads are able to go past 100 now because of the new site. The TAST What are you thinking thread is up to 470pages lol

Archived