Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

We may have to play Peppers at LB because Kindred comes back and he was really good.

Peppers looked pretty good too when he was playing SS and will have an entire offseason to acclimate himself, like Kindred did the year before.

Maybe Kindred is the one moving?

Maybe more big nickel with both of those guys in the field and a FS?

In my opinion the best possible line-up we can roll with next year if we concentrated on offense primarily is  

DE-Ogbah

UT-Ogunjobi

NT-Shelton

DE-Garrett 

WLB-Kirksey

MLB-Shobert

SLB-Collins

SS/LB-Peppers 

1CB - Rookie/Vet

2CB - Rookie/Vet

NCB- BBC

FS - McCourty 

combo of Trumaine Johnson and Carlton Davis should kill it for us. 

Surprised by some of the big time names that decided to stay in school for another year. The underclassman deadline actually put a huge dent in the prospect I have actually had time to watch this year. Also, OMG Clemson is going to be unreal on defense. Clelin Ferrell was a Top 10 guy IMO and #2 pass rusher behind Bradley Chubb. He is going back along with would have been 1st rounders Bryant and Wilkerson to team with young star Dexter Lawrence. One of the best defenses in the nation if no the best is now returning all but 1 starter I believe. 

16 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Surprised by some of the big time names that decided to stay in school for another year. The underclassman deadline actually put a huge dent in the prospect I have actually had time to watch this year. Also, OMG Clemson is going to be unreal on defense. Clelin Ferrell was a Top 10 guy IMO and #2 pass rusher behind Bradley Chubb. He is going back along with would have been 1st rounders Bryant and Wilkerson to team with young star Dexter Lawrence. One of the best defenses in the nation if no the best is now returning all but 1 starter I believe. 

Yeah, I was shocked he’s returning, the kid can play.

On 1/15/2018 at 10:03 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

We may have to play Peppers at LB because Kindred comes back and he was really good.

So the browns drafted a 4th string safety in the 1st rd? I wouldn’t want him playing over Collins Kirk or Joe. I trust this three to shed blocks and take proper angles to the ball carriers 

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

So the browns drafted a 4th string safety in the 1st rd? I wouldn’t want him playing over Collins Kirk or Joe. I trust this three to shed blocks and take proper angles to the ball carriers 

I hear what you are saying, my point was Kindred is coming back, and Peppers is not taking his spot and Peppers has to be around the ball. And to be honest, outside of Collins, both of those spots could be upgraded (Not saying Peppers is an upgrade) IMO.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

So the browns drafted a 4th string safety in the 1st rd? 

Could've had Watson or Hooker, but trading back from potential blue-chippers for low 1st round picks and more future picks is always right according to the eggheads.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I hear what you are saying, my point was Kindred is coming back, and Peppers is not taking his spot and Peppers has to be around the ball. And to be honest, outside of Collins, both of those spots could be upgraded (Not saying Peppers is an upgrade) IMO.

I think it be dumb to upgrade the LB unit. Yeah they struggled in coverage but when they are covering 15yards down field,  it’s damn hard to do. That’s when you should be switching with Safeties but that’s even harder to do when the safety is 30yards down field already 

54 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Could've had Watson or Hooker, but trading back from potential blue-chippers for low 1st round picks and more future picks is always right according to the eggheads.

Didn’t we get a low first rounder PLUS a top 5 pick?

Top 5 sounds like a blue-chipper to me....

The only LB I want is Josey Jowell. Dudes going to be a beast. Reminds me of Shobert. Would love to add him to our unit. I actually really like our LB unit. I wouldn’t change anything. Shobert,Kirksey,Collins,Burgess are all legit LBs peppers could play LB on third down. With Collins going to DE. Ogbah to UT. Ogunjobi to NT and Garrett on the outside wide. 

Archived