Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Lol, Watson just doesn't heal man. That's another 4 games missed for him. 

Love him when he's healthy, but his unavailability will put us back in the WR game during the draft.  Just can't count on the guy be there on a weekly basis, and they seriously miss what he brings to the field when he's not out there.  Look for the Packers to take a size/speed wideout in the early to middle rounds.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He needs a pivot to his training regimen if he wants to make serious NFL money. 

Yea next year might be a make or break year for him. Can't wait until year 4 to prove you can stay on the field more than a few weeks at a time.

Another Packer player out for at least 4 games yet no IR designation. That means either another "miscalculation" by the staff, which is concerning given the same thing happened with Ja, or that Watson isn't healing as fast as the staff anticipated for his injury...also concerning. 

Edited by packfanfb

Another Packer player out for at least 4 games yet no IR designation. That means either another "miscalculation" by the staff, which is concerning given the same thing happened with Ja, or that Watson isn't healing as fast as the staff anticipated for his injury...also concerning. 

Does it really matter??

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Does it really matter??

Just one more concern on top of the scrap heap I guess. 

My conspiracy theory...despite this being a de facto playoff game, I think you'll see GB hold all their injured guys out because deep down I don't think Gutey wants to win these last two games. He wants the draft position more than a playoff game this year. I think he figured the latter was never really in the cards in year 1 for Love. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

My conspiracy theory...despite this being a de facto playoff game, I think you'll see GB hold all their injured guys out because deep down I don't think Gutey wants to win these last two games. He wants the draft position more than a playoff game this year. I think he figured the latter was never really in the cards in year 1 for Love. 

As thoughtful of a conspiracy as the fake moon landing 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I hope not .. there's a lot of benefits of getting this team into the playoffs.  Most notably it gets them off the hook for having to be on Hard Knocks next year.  The Packers don't want that, and they will be the odds on favorite if they don't make the playoffs.

• Like 1

My conspiracy theory...despite this being a de facto playoff game, I think you'll see GB hold all their injured guys out because deep down I don't think Gutey wants to win these last two games. He wants the draft position more than a playoff game this year.

This is correct....and I've expressed it multiple times on here....because I am Gute :)

LOL

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hope not .. there's a lot of benefits of getting this team into the playoffs.  Most notably it gets them off the hook for having to be on Hard Knocks next year.  The Packers don't want that, and they will be the odds on favorite if they don't make the playoffs.

Benefits both ways: making playoffs obviously good for morale/experience. Not making playoffs and losing out good for draft position and getting a 4th place schedule (which we'd get if Bears beat ATL). 

Bottom line is that we don't want to go 1-1. All or nothing at this point. 

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What is Watson at 80% speed though?

No secret that Watson is my guy.  But at 80% he would be EQ (another one of my guys), and maybe that just isn't good enough and they want to get a couple more live looks at Melton and Heath before the offseason.