Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

31 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Not sure hypothetical is the right word here. They arent researching nor developing those instruments/techniques. They are early access users - before things hit mainstream. 

Do we know GB training/ medical staff ( or any NFL team staff) are actually early access users?  It is also possible they are old school " do it this way because we've always done it this way"

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Do we know GB training/ medical staff ( or any NFL team staff) are actually early access users?  It is also possible they are old school " do it this way because we've always done it this way"

Nope!

I think thats the most aggressive a professional sport team would be in the way of cutting edge (the closest they would get to R&D), and of course means they could be trying lots of voodoo BS  .

You would know better than me, but usually a foot injury would lead to calf issues more likely  than hammy issues? The knee, hip, and back put the hammy in really vulnerable situation

Edited by HokieHigh

29 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Nope!

I think thats the most aggressive a professional sport team would be in the way of cutting edge (the closest they would get to R&D), and of course means they could be trying lots of voodoo BS  .

Fact is we don't know.  GB training staff could be old achool and behind the times, could be trying cutting edge stuff that sucks, could be trying random/weird stuff that doea nothing.

29 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

You would know better than me, but usually a foot injury would lead to calf issues more likely  than hammy issues? The knee, hip, and back put the hammy in really vulnerable situation

Foot can lead to calf or upper leg issues.  All depends on how each individual's body/ brain compensates.  There is no formula process. 

Edited by squire12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Fact is we don't know.  GB training staff could be old achool and behind the times, could be trying cutting edge stuff that sucks, could be trying random/weird stuff that doea nothing.

Foot can lead to calf or upper leg issues.  All depends on how each individual's body/ brain compensates.  There is no formula process. 

What we do know is that no exercise or health products are on the market with the packers on the patent, and no manuscripts are in print from the staff with packers as the participant. 

Edited by HokieHigh

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

What we do know is that no exercise or health products are on the market with the packers on the patent, and no manuscripts are in print from the staff with packers as the participant. 

Do we know that?  Have you searched the research literature sites to make sure no GB staff member have been a lead or secondary / participating author in any research?

Because i am pretty sure there are grants from the NFL out to different researchers on a variety of topics that would likely involve close collaboration with other professionals team staff on data collection and analysis.

Just now, squire12 said:

Do we know that?  Have you searched the research literature sites to make sure no GB staff member have been a lead or secondary / participating author in any research?

Because i am pretty sure there are grants from the NFL out to different researchers on a variety of topics that would likely involve close collaboration with other professionals team staff on data collection and analysis.

Nfl does fund studies but those are not team specific geared towards obtaining a competitive edge. Most are concussion technology related. 

I am sure there are members of every organization that have done some research, maybe even do research now. But they arent running studies on players. 

Pubmed has zero experimental articles with the packer players as the study population. 

Just now, HokieHigh said:

Nfl does fund studies but those are not team specific geared towards obtaining a competitive edge. Most are concussion technology related. 

I am sure there are members of every organization that have done some research, maybe even do research now. But they arent running studies on players. 

Pubmed has zero experimental articles with the packer players as the study population. 

Also worthwhile to mention - those research dollars go to outside researchers. Not members of specific nfl organizations.

There are many other areas of study

I wouldn't be so sure about that 

Good thing there are other databases for research articles.  

#####

Lets just say there are studies looking at hamstring injuries ( among other areas of interest) that the NFL  funds to different institutions/ researchers.  

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

There are many other areas of study

I wouldn't be so sure about that 

Good thing there are other databases for research articles.  

#####

Lets just say there are studies looking at hamstring injuries ( among other areas of interest) that the NFL  funds to different institutions/ researchers.  

None of that is an investment by the packers into R&D. 

I do not think the database will influence whether or not you find studies that are based on packers players. 

16 hours ago, squire12 said:

Stokes didn’t have a hamstring injury in 2022.  It was a foot injury

Even worse .. with a hamstring problem year long combined with a previous foot problem, he's got 2 lower body issues.  Wouldn't doubt it a bit to see 4 secondary picks/free agency in 2024.  GB can not continue to have the same play of that group in 2024 as they had this year. That being said, getting Barry out of there would upgrade the unit in itself.

18 hours ago, pf9 said:

If the Packers don't fire MLF in response to another losing season, they will be setting themselves up for even worse play under him in 2024.

All opinions are valid. The tricky part is choosing which ones to pay attention to. I think I'll discount this view, at least through 2024. After that, who knows.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1