Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

Aaaah yes.  I remember when Watson took a knee and limped off the field.  I remember reading that it wasn't serious and he'll be back soon as there was no brace on his leg after the game or anything like that.

And here we are...however many weeks later with him still not practicing.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

I doubt Musgrave plays however. I've nothing to base that on...but it just doesnt feel like its gonna happen.

I don't know why he'd be practicing if he didn't have a shot to play 4 days from now but who knows with this conservative medical staff (not saying thats a bad thing here).

Edited by Arthur Penske

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't know why he'd be practicing if he didn't have a shot to play 4 days from now but who knows with this conservative medical staff (not saying thats a bad thing here).

Doing walk / jog throughs is far different than getting tackled/pounded.
But again..I've no clue. If he's up to it....I'm game. He's a player IMO and we're far better when he's in the mix - especially - when Watson's not.

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

if these were contact and padded practices it would be different.  running around, pass patterns, etc is far different than blocking, getting tackled, falling to the ground, etc for an internal organ injury.

I would be surprised if Musgrave plays

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

if these were contact and padded practices it would be different.  running around, pass patterns, etc is far different than blocking, getting tackled, falling to the ground, etc for an internal organ injury.

I hope he plays.  But, yes, I'd be surprised.

With how Kraft is playing, there is no reason or need to put Musgrave out there unless he is 100% recovered.

But I'd like to see it just because it seems like they play the position differently and selfishly I'd like to see how they can be used together now that Kraft has emerged as a real player.

51 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Aaaah yes.  I remember when Watson took a knee and limped off the field.  I remember reading that it wasn't serious and he'll be back soon as there was no brace on his leg after the game or anything like that.

And here we are...however many weeks later with him still not practicing.

He has a hamstring problem, why would he need a brace?

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Now that Alexander has been suspended by the Packers, it will be interesting on how they adjust.   

Young team, can't have clowns setting the example.

I wonder if Rasul was the leader we thought he was?  On the surface he seemed like a guy that really cared, but perhaps he wasn't the kind of leader that the Packers organization wanted.  Maybe there was something they weren't enamored with in regards to Sul, and decided to move on when they got an offer "they couldn't refuse".   His play on the field was largely good, and that move is looking more questionable by the day.  I think he could have really helped down the stretch.

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

And maybe you get him out there, running around and see what the pain response is like 4, 8. 12 hours later too.  Like I said before, I haven't had a laceration, but I have had a really big stone, I imagine the pain is pretty similar.  There were quite a few times where want to and able to were very much at odds with each other.  

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wonder if Rasul was the leader we thought he was?  On the surface he seemed like a guy that really cared, but perhaps he wasn't the kind of leader that the Packers organization wanted.  Maybe there was something they weren't enamored with in regards to Sul, and decided to move on when they got an offer "they couldn't refuse".   His play on the field was largely good, and that move is looking more questionable by the day.  I think he could have really helped down the stretch.

Until we see the return on the pick, we won't really know if it was good or not.  IIRC, at the time of the trade, we were looking at a top 5 pick and Love not playing very well.  Getting an extra asset for an older player was a good idea.  I think I will take their word for it on the offer.  The Bills really needed help at CB and looked like they were going to be making a strong playoff push.  And I have yet to see anything substantive that Rasul had any issues.  

On a probably coincidental note, the Bills lost 3 of the first 4 games with Rasul, while the Packers won 4 of 5 right after the trade.

17 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

He has a hamstring problem, why would he need a brace?

Because the media made a big deal about how he didn't have a brace or anything else on his leg or knee after that game.  I believe that means crutches as well.

It was talked about how non-serious it was.  And here we are, weeks later and he isn't practicing yet.

26 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I have no proof, but I think Alexander's issue has something to do with Barry.  MLF said he wasnt concerned about his relationship with Alexander and hoped he'd be a big part of the team going forward.  JMO.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Because the media made a big deal about how he didn't have a brace or anything else on his leg or knee after that game.  I believe that means crutches as well.

It was talked about how non-serious it was.  And here we are, weeks later and he isn't practicing yet.

Oh i dont pay the media with my attention and often mute announcers so i missed that.

He grabbed his hamstring so i figured everyone knew the deal.

58 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I have no proof, but I think Alexander's issue has something to do with Barry.  MLF said he wasnt concerned about his relationship with Alexander and hoped he'd be a big part of the team going forward.  JMO.

He hasnt said anything about barry being a big part of the team going forward 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Oh i dont pay the media with my attention and often mute announcers so i missed that.

He grabbed his hamstring so i figured everyone knew the deal.

I had hope when it happened that it was just a cramp. Figured he'd have an ice bag around the hammy after the game and when he didn't I did have some hope it was very minor.  Nope .. he'd been out forever again.