NFL should remove seeding priority from division winners

pf9

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Kinda like in 2013 where the Seahawks were 13-3 and the 49ers were 12-4 but the 49ers were a wild card team without homefield advantage despite having the second best record in the entire conference? But dont worry.... The 8-7 Packers that year got home field because they won their terrible division. smh smh

(not that it mattered because the Packers lost but still, my point remains they should have never had it in the first place)

Aaron Rodgers went 0-4 against the 49ers in the playoffs. Having grown up a 49ers fan, I suspect he ordered the Packers to throw these games.

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just don’t see any reason for division winners to be guaranteed to host other than “because that’s how it’s always been done”

That's because you say this as a fan of a team who hasn't won thier Division but what, 1 or 2 times in the past 35 years?

I'd complain too. Win your Division. 🥃

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ah so not gonna address the points I made at all, cool.  Great post tbh.  

It's a yearly complaint by fans of teams who can't or don't win thier Divisions. You as a Browns fan would ABSOLUTELY  not be saying a word right now if records were swapped, and the Ravens were going on the road for a playoff game instead. Don't pretend,  you'd be ecstatic!!!

That's why there's no need to acknowledge the rest of your post because it's a mute point. A complaint from a fan of a team unable to win thier Division. 

You don't want a away game, win your Division. 

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's a yearly complaint by fans of teams who can't or don't win thier Divisions. You as a Browns fan would ABSOLUTELY  not be saying a word right now if records were swapped, and the Ravens were going on the road for a playoff game instead. Don't pretend,  you'd be ecstatic!!!

or, and hear me out, some people can have an unbiased opinion from time to time.  I’d feel the same way if it negatively impacted the browns.  The best regular season teams deserve home games in the post season imo, Browns or otherwise.

That's why there's no need to acknowledge the rest of your post because it's a mute point. A complaint from a fan of a team unable to win thier Division.

oh cool, I’m debating with a guy who uses the phrase “mute point”. 

🤡 

You don't want an away game, win your Division. 

Or it’s a mute point huh? 

The Browns went 4-0 against the AFC South, which sucks.

Having to go on the road with a better record and head to head wins because of “your division” is stupid.

The same holds true for the NFC South hosting a playoff game instead of Dallas. It’s a dumpster division, and I despise the Cowboys.

The divisions are also arbitrary. The Ravens should be in the East, the Dolphins in the South, and the Colts in the North.

The same people blowing the “win your division” horn are the same ones who ignore the completely arbitrary division alignment discrepancies due to historical tradition.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The divisions are also arbitrary. The Ravens should be in the East, the Dolphins in the South, and the Colts in the North.

The same people blowing the “win your division” horn are the same ones who ignore the completely arbitrary division alignment discrepancies due to historical tradition.

Realignment is completely different argument then winning the division. Apples and Oranges.

I've never understood why Dallas was in the NFCE of all Divisions, but the NFL makes way to much money off that rivalry every year to relocate say Dallas to the NFCS moving say Carolina to the East.

Just admit you hate being in a Division that for the first time in a long time has 3-4 good teams or at minimum 2 Dominate teams at a time? That wasn't always the case.  Steelers yes, Ravens yes, Bengals recently,  Browns, well Browns till this year.

For most of the past 2 decades 2000's - 2010's the NFCE was the same way with Eagles, Cowboys, Giants. Beating the hell out of each other, 2 of the 3, sometime all 3 getting in. Redskins popping in every once and awhile .It is what it is.

I do find it funny though that because the Browns were able to go 4-0 vs the AFCS instead of playing a tougher schedule vs say the AFCE, which obviously helped getting that 11-5 record, they should come to us, that Division sucks, It's only fair?

I get it. It's been a very very long time since there's been a Home playoff game in Cleveland. That's more telling of the Browns Organization over the past 40 years, then the injustice of a Division Winner getting home games. Sorry!

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The Browns went 4-0 against the AFC South, which sucks.

Having to go on the road with a better record and head to head wins because of “your division” is stupid.

The same holds true for the NFC South hosting a playoff game instead of Dallas. It’s a dumpster division, and I despise the Cowboys.

I mean the Browns have won 7 games by 4 points or less. Credit to them for finishing those games. However I don’t see how that makes them deserving of getting a home game

8 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I mean the Browns have won 7 games by 4 points or less. Credit to them for finishing those games. However I don’t see how that makes them deserving of getting a home game

I think its better to look at scoring margins and to be fair, there are only 5 teams in the entire NFL with a scoring margin above 4.5pts.

KC, DET, CLE, LAR and PHI all have a scoring margin between 1.7-4.5 points. 

IND and JAX have scoring margins of -1.3 and -0.8

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just admit you hate being in a Division that for the first time in a long time has 3-4 good teams or at minimum 2 Dominate teams at a time? That wasn't always the case.  Steelers yes, Ravens yes, Bengals recently,  Browns, well Browns till this year.

The AFC North has been a super hard division going back to Carson Palmer getting broken in half and the Steelers winning a Super Bowl a few years after the Ravens. What are you even talking about? They won 4 rings in under 15 years between those 2 teams with Cincinnati winning the division multiple times. At least be correct if you’re going to be condescending atop your thrown of righteousness lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

do find it funny though that because the Browns were able to go 4-0 vs the AFCS instead of playing a tougher schedule vs say the AFCE, which obviously helped getting that 11-5 record, they should come to us, that Division sucks, It's only fair?

I get it. It's been a very very long time since there's been a Home playoff game in Cleveland. That's more telling of the Browns Organization over the past 40 years, then the injustice of a Division Winner getting home games. Sorry!

The Cleveland Browns are 8-5 after their decisive victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Browns have the most wins against teams currently over .500 with six wins.

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-won-most-games-against-123011877.html#:~:text=The Browns have the most,Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals.

As of December 14.

And they’re the only team in the NFL to beat the best two teams in the league in SF and Baltimore while going 2-2 vs a brutal NFC West and so far are 3-2 vs the best division in football.

Youre entitled to your opinion on division winners but cherry picking SOS here you’re flat out wrong about. Hilarious how wrong you are.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

My dude, you are opening up Pandora's Box for pf9's next annual topic... division realignment.  Let's not timewarp to mid to late January

• Like 3