Week 15: Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks

showtime

un9dxpl.jpg

As many people thought coming into this season, this was going to be a huge game.  Obviously the winner of this game will have a huge barring on who wins the NFC West.  Yesterday, the Seahawks offense was really sloppy vs the Jaguars, but that was against the best defense in pro football.  The Rams defense isn't anywhere near as good as Jacksonville's defense, but the Rams have always given the Seahawks issues. 

I fully expect the Rams to run the ball.  Yesterday vs the Eagles, from what I saw of the game, Todd Gurley played really well.  The stats show Gurley played well.  However, the Rams didn't run the ball very much at all and I think that was one of the main reasons they ended up losing that game.  I don't expect that same thing to happen again.  Jared Goff played well yesterday and I believe Robert Woods may be available, so with a balanced attack the Rams will be extremely difficult to stop.

There is a massive question mark on some of the Seahawks defensive players who may potentially be suspended.  Michael Bennett and Sheldon Richardson being two of the more crucial names.  The Seahawks are already short handed on the defensive side of the ball, so losing Bennett and/or Richardson would be terrible.  On the Rams side of things, Kayvon Webster is out and that is a big loss for their secondary.

I expect this game to be semi-low scoring and sort of a slug fest.  If I'm being completely honest, the Rams are the better overall team on paper, so they should win this game.  The Seahawks have a lot of pride and the heart of a champion, so I wouldn't be surprised if they win this game at home.

@animaltested @brazilianguy @Zman724 @jrry32 @El ramster @RamRod @NVRamsFan @The LBC @holt_bruce81 @DistantRam @StLunatic88 @RandomCampBody @Meeker @imani @Tatupu_64 @Sacks98

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I actually think this will be a high scoring game. With the injuries, I think both defenses are vulnerable.

Good point.  Both teams know each other so well and will be so prepared.  Both teams have the capability to score a lot, especially the Rams, so I see this one being in the teens/low 20's for the most part.

As I wrote in our forum, you can never write off the Seahawks at home, no matter how many injuries or what the circumstances may be. 

Id like to think that we are currently the better side but Wilson is firmly in the running for MVP honours (or should be- he’s been phenomenal this year) and is a hard man to pin down. 

Much depends on how much McVay and co have learnt from our first encounter and from the subsequent defeats in big games versus Minnesota and Philadelphia. If he can get it right, I think we might just eke out the win. 

I just hope that the game is won by the better team on the day and not decided by the zebras. 

25 minutes ago, RamRod said:

I'm definitely picturing a high scoring game. Seahawks seem banged up. Rams will be without Kayvon Webster and possibly even Trumaine Johnson if he can't make it through the concussion protocol.

Actually, just saw Tru Johnson isn't in concussion protocol. Sorry to get your hopes up.

49 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Dodged a huge bullet on Bennett and Sheldon not being suspended. 

With Bobby and KJ out, things are looking bleak. Seattle needs to probably put up 31+ to have a chance at winning. Russell needs to be magical. 

Wagner and Wright are both officially out?  Last I saw, they were listed a game time decisions.

10 hours ago, showtime said:

I haven't seen any official word on Bobby Wagner or K.J. Wright so far.  I guess they'll be game time decisions.

K.J. is listed as doubtful, which means he's likely out. Wagner is a game-time decision and listed as questionable.

Archived