Packers suspend CB Jaire Alexander 1 game (conduct detrimental)

Forge

27 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Lots of folks talking about how he almost screwed up the verbiage of the coin flip decision.

But that wasn't the real reason he was suspended for a game.

The real reason he was suspended is that he was not elected a captain.  He wasn't even supposed to be out there.  He went out there on his own accord.

That's why he was suspended.  Not because he couldn't say the word "defer".

Has Matt LeFleur lost control of the locker room? 🤔 

44 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Has Matt LeFleur lost control of the locker room? 🤔 

My opinion?  No.  He has not lost the offense at all.  

Defense?  Yes.  Douglas spoke out and was traded, though the front office claims it was because they got an offer they couldn't refuse.  But he spoke out and was gone.  ILB Campbell spoke out...now he's injured and not playing.  JA is an odd dude for sure, but now we have this situation.

And it all comes from MLF's decision to bring Barry back in the off-season and for not firing him during this season.  

MLF should count himself as being very fortunate that #12 helped him win a lot of games while MLF was learning how to shave.  Because those wins have given him a lot of leash.  And using a lot of it up right now.  His saving grace is that his very young offense is looking good.

26 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

My opinion?  No.  He has not lost the offense at all.  

Defense?  Yes.  Douglas spoke out and was traded, though the front office claims it was because they got an offer they couldn't refuse.  But he spoke out and was gone.  ILB Campbell spoke out...now he's injured and not playing.  JA is an odd dude for sure, but now we have this situation.

And it all comes from MLF's decision to bring Barry back in the off-season and for not firing him during this season.  

MLF should count himself as being very fortunate that #12 helped him win a lot of games while MLF was learning how to shave.  Because those wins have given him a lot of leash.  And using a lot of it up right now.  His saving grace is that his very young offense is looking good.

Lafleur is going to get atleast another 2 years before they even consider getting rid of him.

22 hours ago, General Tso said:

Can the Packers even trade this guy? His cap hit is kind of OOF.

Yes.  The Packers are pretty clear cap-wise for the next year or two until their young guys are eligible for extension sans Jordan Love.  Right now, Green Bay is a projected $7.7M in cap space, but they have David Bakhtiari ($21.5M saved), Preston Smith ($2.5M), and De'Vondre Campbell ($2.8M) as potential cap casualties.  Aaron Jones ($17.2M) and Kenny Clark ($27.5M) are both likely not going to play at those cap hits.  Trading Jaire only adds an additional $3.1M cap hit.

18 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Trade him for a 4th we’ll take him. Guys been eating turd for the last 3 years wasting his prime... My mans wants to compete. 

It's probably going to be closer to what Jalen Ramsey fetched with a 20% haircut for his recent injuries.  He's not just a throw-in.  He's legitimately a top 5 CB in the NFL.  And his contract is a relative bargain for his production with the cap hits.  And that's with no GTD money remaining.  3 years, $53M comes out to an AAV of 17.7M, which would be the 8th highest paid CB.

2024: $16M
2025: $17.5M
2026: $19.5M

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It's probably going to be closer to what Jalen Ramsey fetched with a 20% haircut for his recent injuries.  He's not just a throw-in.  He's legitimately a top 5 CB in the NFL.  And his contract is a relative bargain for his production with the cap hits.  And that's with no GTD money remaining.  3 years, $53M comes out to an AAV of 17.7M, which would be the 8th highest paid CB.

2024: $16M
2025: $17.5M
2026: $19.5M

I hope you are talking about the Ramsey trade to the Rams and not the Dolphins. Trading him for a third round pick when we have absolutely no reliable depth behind him is just insane.

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I hope you are talking about the Ramsey trade to the Rams and not the Dolphins. Trading him for a third round pick when we have absolutely no reliable depth behind him is just insane.

I figured that went without saying.  There's no reason for the Packers to be actively looking to trade him.  If someone wants to come blow the doors off with a trade offer, and the Packers are tired of his antics I'd consider moving him.

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

Lafleur is going to get atleast another 2 years before they even consider getting rid of him.

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

The Packers fans that want to trade him over this when he was all pro last year blow my mind.

As I said, the HC, MLF, should be thankful that #12 helped get him all of those wins that has awarded him a pretty long leash.

Second point, he was second team All Pro, just so we are clear as to what he is.

Final point....just my opinion, but I'm all for getting rid of Joe Barry and then seeing how Jaire reacts and acts moving forward before I'm trading him.  He is an excellent corner and very competitive.  Playing him in this soft scheme does him no favors.  

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I figured that went without saying.  There's no reason for the Packers to be actively looking to trade him.  If someone wants to come blow the doors off with a trade offer, and the Packers are tired of his antics I'd consider moving him.

I can get behind trading him for two firsts. I just don't think other teams would want him at that price. Anything less then that isn't worth it in my opinion.

Edited by StatKing