Week 17 TNF GDT: New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns

wackywabbit

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

the Browns that Marty had were solid teams, too bad they never had a chance back then in the SB.  Instead elway went and had really bad losses, no contests actually. 

I liked Marty but man he got way too conservative in big games. Went prevent defense way too often. He was a huge reason why they got into the playoffs but a big reason we lost when we got there.

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I liked Marty but man he got way too conservative in big games. Went prevent defense way too often. He was a huge reason why they got into the playoffs but a big reason we lost when we got there.

never a fan of prevent, especially if the team has good cover CB's 

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

the Browns that Marty had were solid teams, too bad they never had a chance back then in the SB.  Instead elway went and had really bad losses, no contests actually. 

I'd say even more than solid. Especially from '86-'87 when they had some great talent. I think they could have won it all in '87 against the Redskins, one of the weaker SB champs. '86 would have been tough with the Giants. Just hideous luck + game management by Marty against those Broncos teams. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

6 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I'd say even more than solid. Especially from '86-'87 when they had some great talent. I think they could have won it all in '87 against the Redskins, one of the weaker SB champs. '86 would have been tough with the Giants. Just hideous luck + game management by Marty against those Broncos teams. 

2 x 1000 yard rushers and top tier defence  was a good way to win back then.  They would have matched up well with Washington, they beat them in the regular season the year after IIRC , played the 86 Bears right to the end in a close game   too. 

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm just proud the Rams could help the Browns figure out that Flacco is their man and get on this hot streak.

I hate the Rams. They absolutely gave teams the playbook for beating the Browns defense. Motions, jets, shifts, quick hitting traps, bunch….

They did everything you should do against a man coverage team that has a nasty pass rush that flies up the field.

Literally was the best coaching job I’ve seen in a long time. Mcvay is special. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I hate the Rams. They absolutely gave teams the playbook for beating the Browns defense. Motions, jets, shifts, quick hitting traps, bunch….

They did everything you should do against a man coverage team that has a nasty pass rush that flies up the field.

Literally was the best coaching job I’ve seen in a long time. Mcvay is special. 

This is why the team in the playoffs the Browns match up with the worst is easily the Miami Dolphins. So many motions and so much space vs man coverage, albeit Tua has a mediocre arm and needs time to be successful.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The average time to thow tonight for Siemian was 1.9 seconds

That's been the jets all season long(and last season too). The offensive line/pass blocking schemes have been horrendous. It's why every QB we e put back there has looked terrible and gotten injured.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drew39k said:

That's been the jets all season long(and last season too). The offensive line/pass blocking schemes have been horrendous. It's why every QB we e put back there has looked terrible and gotten injured.

I saw multiple occasions where the OT and TE were supposed to double team Garrett. Instead, neither player got a hand on him. It was mind-numbing. Clearly not something they work on.