2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

1 hour ago, John232 said:

I feel like Chark and Hamilton, your two crushes, have a really good chance to drop to us in round 3. I think DJ Moore and EQ Brown blowing up at the combine will push those two into the third. I'd be cool with either, really turned into a big Chark Fan. There's some reading in between the lines about how a player looks on the field when people are saying Chark is 6'5 but he measured in at 6'2. Plays bigger than his already big-ish frame. 

I also full expect us to grab a receiver in the third and I think both of those guys fit the bill for us. Especially Chark. Speed makes Shanny drool, add in size and good ball skills...I could see it. 

I like Chark a bunch, but honestly, not sure I'd consider him a draft crush of mine, really. Just felt like he was being drastically overlooked, and as it happens, many now agree. I like Hamilton, but also not a crush. I'm a slightly bigger fan of Anthony Miller from Memphis, but either would be a welcomed 49er. I somewhat like of a lot of these rd 1-4 WR draftees.  

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

What are your thoughts on Oregon State running back Ryan Nall? Built like Steven Jackson was, and seems to have fairly decent speed and elusive ability for his size. Seems like the 49ers have who they want for all spots at that position though.

I don't think Williams can't be displaced, though. I could see a situation where we draft someone we like even more than him and we put him on the PS at the risk of losing. Or we get another UDFA like Breida (anyone this year from Georgia Southern, to complete the trio?), and Williams and UDFA would have to battle it out. I don't think we're set. I just doubt we'll be looking to draft someone early, though.

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

What are your thoughts on Oregon State running back Ryan Nall? Built like Steven Jackson was, and seems to have fairly decent speed and elusive ability for his size. Seems like the 49ers have who they want for all spots at that position though.

I know Shanny likes fast RBs that can be targetrs out of the backfield. But it's hard to believe we're going to alternating two guys both of whom are under 200.  Maybe Williams can be that third back that's a little bigger, but he barely over 200.  I'd really like to see us add a big back.  There are a few out there that are also fast and look like they can be targets out of the backfield. I really like Penny and Freeman would be OK if we could get him low enough. Chubb might make a nice pick at the right spot in the draft.

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

But it's hard to believe we're going to alternating two guys both of whom are under 200. 

I wouldn't find it hard to believe at all. I don't think Kyle get hung up on size too much. Would he prefer to have a bigger back that fits his system? Sure. But if we don't find that guy, I have no doubt he will go into the year with two small backs. And for what it's worth, McKinnon is 205lbs. ;)

So looks like we're working out Josh Sweat this week. With all the pass rushers Lynch is putting through the round I really get the feeling that we're going to take one with our first two picks, even if they aren't BPA. Hopefully, that means Sweat in the second and not Key or Landry at 9.

I'm really warming up to the idea of trading back and taking Wynn, then picking Sweat and BPA with a second round pick we'd get in the trade.

16 minutes ago, John232 said:

still not worth the #9 pick to me lol. Though I do love Lombardi's breakdowns. They are always a good watch. I would disagree with Voch regarding the disengagement. I think he's going to have issues with that at the next level. I don't think he's as strong  either, but that's completely subjective really based on when you watch. He's a fine prospect...people act like I think he's a fifth rounder or something. I simply don't think he's a top 10 prospect in this draft. I've said I have no issues with him if we trade down.  I haven't done a full on prospect ranking as of yet, but my guesstimate would be that I probably have him in that 25-35 range for me?  

1 minute ago, Forge said:

still not worth the #9 pick to me lol. Though I do love Lombardi's breakdowns. They are always a good watch. I would disagree with Voch regarding the disengagement. I think he's going to have issues with that at the next level. I don't think he's as strong  either, but that's completely subjective really based on when you watch. He's a fine prospect...people act like I think he's a fifth rounder or something. I simply don't think he's a top 10 prospect in this draft. I've said I have no issues with him if we trade down.  I haven't done a full on prospect ranking as of yet, but my guesstimate would be that I probably have him in that 25-35 range for me?  

I'm just going to @ you regarding anything with Landry. 

3 hours ago, big9erfan said:

I know Shanny likes fast RBs that can be targetrs out of the backfield. But it's hard to believe we're going to alternating two guys both of whom are under 200.  Maybe Williams can be that third back that's a little bigger, but he barely over 200.  I'd really like to see us add a big back.  There are a few out there that are also fast and look like they can be targets out of the backfield. I really like Penny and Freeman would be OK if we could get him low enough. Chubb might make a nice pick at the right spot in the draft.

I think you may be underestimating Juice's important to the offense, and how many touches he'll get as a receiver. The team gave him a big contract for a reason, and he looked good once Jimmy took over last season.

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

SF was 22nd in the League on rush attempts per game.. at 25.5.

They'll be fine with a RBBC approach...

plus.. Jimmy's just getting warmed up for what will be his 40 pass attempts per game. 

giphy.gif

Our attempts per game will go way up when our team consistently gets 20 points leads in the second half!

Archived