2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Didn't look good at the end of the half taking two huge sacks and so far as you said has been check down king.

Still very, very early but not seeing very much improvement in his game. This is one of his tougher opponents he plays as well so showing well here is important.

Definitely. Pretty ugly thus far. He's gotta show up more in big games. He had a nice one against boise last year, but was otherwise mediocre. I get the talent disparity, and can forgive some of it, but not all. He just doesn't look great

Just now, Forge said:

Definitely. Pretty ugly thus far. He's gotta show up more in big games. He had a nice one against boise last year, but was otherwise mediocre. I get the talent disparity, and can forgive some of it, but not all. He just doesn't look great

He'll have a chance to really improve the game narrative for himself if he comes out and leads a come back or makes this a good game, starts taking more chances with the ball with efficiency as well. Not the turnover, bad decision, poor completion play he's had when more is asked out of him but a poised performance. That could go a long way for him if he's able to turn it around in the second half. 

Just now, Forge said:

Definitely. He's a guy I'm watching. 

More importantly at the WR spot - Simmie Cobbs, Jr. looked amazing on Thursday night. I'm big on his bandwagon (not just based on this game). He's one of the guys that might sneak into the first, but for now would be a guy I'd take in the 2nd. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

More importantly at the WR spot - Simmie Cobbs, Jr. looked amazing on Thursday night. I'm big on his bandwagon (not just based on this game). He's one of the guys that might sneak into the first, but for now would be a guy I'd take in the 2nd. 

Yeah, he looked great against osu. Def could sneak into firsr

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

A lot of bigger sized WRs that should be available throughout this draft. Cobbs looked great against OSU and a thought to be very talented secondary.

Well everyone should get on the Cobbs bandwagon with me. Just saying - great size, great hands, good route runner. He'd be a major piece on this offense. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Josh Allen has some impressive traits but he isn't there yet. He's a guy a team will take of someone who they believe will eventually become a good QB. He's made maybe one or two good passes all game. 

Yeah, ill do a full review and breakdown of the game in a few days when i can focus on nothing but that (like when im at work) but its very hard to hide my disappointment. I said this off season that stats weren't going to tell the story because of what he lost, and tape would be super important, but this tape hasn't been good.

Archived